Minor Reorganization of the Forums
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor Reorganization of the Forums

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

Minor Reorganization of the Forums

Some of you will notice that (after some discussion on the topic in the ED), the governing members have informally voted to change the depiction of the ADJL forum and put into a separate category form the KP forum, due to its long inactivity. Unfortunately, though we had hoped to attract some ADJL fans to join our group and continue that forum, we have not been successful at doing so. Nonetheless, we do not wish to completely abandon it in some small hope some fans may come and pick it up. The forum is named "Other Fandoms", as it will be available to start subforums on other shows or stories if there is a strong enough interest in doing so. But this way, you can minimize it down as well if you wish to do so.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    The forum is named "Other Fandoms", as it will be available to start subforums on other shows or stories if there is a strong enough interest in doing so. But this way, you can minimize it down as well if you wish to do so.
    I suggest taking one more step: set up a subforum right now where members can start discussions. Any that spark sufficient interest and take off can be moved to their own section under "Other Fandoms," others will just fade away ...

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    The forum is named "Other Fandoms", as it will be available to start subforums on other shows or stories if there is a strong enough interest in doing so. But this way, you can minimize it down as well if you wish to do so.
    I suggest taking one more step: set up a subforum right now where members can start discussions. Any that spark sufficient interest and take off can be moved to their own section under "Other Fandoms," others will just fade away ...
    Good point.......
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Some of you will notice that (after some discussion on the topic in the ED), the governing members have informally voted to change the depiction of the ADJL forum and put into a separate category form the KP forum, due to its long inactivity. Unfortunately, though we had hoped to attract some ADJL fans to join our group and continue that forum, we have not been successful at doing so. Nonetheless, we do not wish to completely abandon it in some small hope some fans may come and pick it up. The forum is named "Other Fandoms", as it will be available to start subforums on other shows or stories if there is a strong enough interest in doing so. But this way, you can minimize it down as well if you wish to do so.
    I can think of quite a few subforums to start right off the top of my head. Star Trek, Star Wars, Halo, Stargate, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Battlestar Galactica just to name a few. Especially Stargate, since so many people are fans of that show. Consider it.

I have decided to go ahead and follow that suggestion. I have added a subforum for other fandoms called "Test Forum". So if anyone has other fandoms they want to discuss, feel free to start threads there for each different fandom.
    "Say the Word"

Just started two threads for BSG and Stargate on the forum. Now all that needs to happen is for a moderator to approve them and they'll be open.

Hmmmm....... I didn't set it for threads to require moderation, so I don't know why they did that, but I went ahead and approved them. Maybe it's just with new forums that it happens. I'll follow along and make sure it does what it's supposed to do.
    "Say the Word"

That's good, 'cause I just started a Halo thread and am going to start a Doctor Who thread and several Tom Clancy threads tomorrow (Unless someone beats me to the punch - which I don't mind BTW ).

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    That is a little weird, to have the moderated posts in there...

I'm sure it'll work out, though.

Mike_Industries
    I started a topic, but it's waiting for the Mod's approval... Just a generic Anime thread. Nothing special.