Battlestar Galactica: Beware of Spoilers - Page 4
Global Justice Alliance

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Battlestar Galactica: Beware of Spoilers

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Muffitt II was Boxey's robot dog from the original series, he was integral to the show.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And it's a pretty nice twist ending, finding out that the series was really set one hundred fifty thousand years in the past, right up to the jump forward at the very end - to the present day.
    I... err.... huh?

So if we had giant spaceships 150K years ago, why are we still bobbling around in LEO with the (relatively) dinky ISS?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Think of them as the sports model.....
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And it's a pretty nice twist ending, finding out that the series was really set one hundred fifty thousand years in the past, right up to the jump forward at the very end - to the present day.
    I... err.... huh?

So if we had giant spaceships 150K years ago, why are we still bobbling around in LEO with the (relatively) dinky ISS?
    It's actually a bit of a homage to the very first lines ever spoken in the original BSG.

There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. They may have been the architects of the great pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria or Atlantis. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive somewhere beyond the heavens...
    In the episode though it's because Adama ordered the fleet to be piloted into the sun after all the survivors had landed on Earth.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Darn, when I read the earlier spoilers (Mom caught a part of "Faith" she didn't like, so I haven't been able to watch the show since then) I was hoping that the end would be something like a person in the present digging up a 170,000-year old Battlestar or something.

[QUOTE=Cody MacArthur Fett;22893]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    .....There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. They may have been the architects of the great pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria or Atlantis. .....
    So the cylons are the G'ould and the Galactica folk are Jaffa? Cool, I've often thought it would be neat if Ron and Monkey Fist would have glowing eyes and speak in lower range voices when they were doing the mystical monkey power thing.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I just saw a DVD of that animated film version of Frank Miller's Batman: Year One miniseries for sale at my local Smarty-Mart today. Listed as one of the voice actors is none other than Katie Sackhoff, who portrayed Starbuck in the new version of BG.