Anime Anyone? (Top Ten List and General Discussion) - Page 4
Global Justice Alliance

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anime Anyone? (Top Ten List and General Discussion)

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    This is all but completely random on my part, but this little devART comic does involve an anime character. Doesn't hurt that it left me laughing with youthful abandon... Old school villainy trumps some handy dandy notebook any day of the week.
    Now THAT was pretty dang funny! Even if it is the TFA version of Megatron...

Mike_Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    This is all but completely random on my part, but this little devART comic does involve an anime character. Doesn't hurt that it left me laughing with youthful abandon... Old school villainy trumps some handy dandy notebook any day of the week.
    Now THAT was pretty dang funny! Even if it is the TFA version of Megatron...
    That is one of the best little comics I have ever gotten to see... Very funy stuff...

So which anime do people think has the best music?

I think the songs Bleach plays during the opening/ending credits are for the most part very good. My favorites from this series are Life is a Boat and Happy People.

I've said this before, but I really like the soundtrack to Rozen Maiden.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck31003 View Post
    So which anime do people think has the best music?

I think the songs Bleach plays during the opening/ending credits are for the most part very good. My favorites from this series are Life is a Boat and Happy People.

I've said this before, but I really like the soundtrack to Rozen Maiden.
    I liked the theme song for "Gigantor" - it had a definite "calypso" sound to it. I also enjoyed the musical scoring for various episodes of "Speed Racer" - their use of full orchestration (including string sections) during key dramatic scenes made the show more exciting to watch.

Registered User Regular Member Kwebs's Avatar
    Some of my favrite music comes from Cowboy Bebop. I love the jazzy feel to it, I listen to it a lot.

I do like the music from Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, most of the Studio Ghibli movies as well.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwebs View Post
    Some of my favrite music comes from Cowboy Bebop. I love the jazzy feel to it, I listen to it a lot.
    Great music, and some good songs too. "Call Me Call Me" is one of my favorites...

The soundtrack for The Big O is pretty cool, too.

I've enjoyed the various soundtracks from many of the Gundam series. From the original 1979 series (whose music is very, very much so from the 1970s), to Zeta Gundam, and even with G Gundam and Gundam Wing... good stuff.

Oh, when it comes to music, than I do so have to side with Cowboy Bebop. And if it counts, then I'm also a big fan of the music found in Xenosaga the Animation. Then there's always Number One from Bleach. Funny, I could never stand that song at first, now it's rather addictive and catchy.

Having been exposed to the Slayers series... I think I'm going to have to alter my top ten list...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't have a particular favorite order, but there are a few anime series that I really like and/or have started and need to complete sometime in the near future.

Detective Conan
    Inuyasha
    The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Pani Poni Dash
    Sailor Moon
    2|,,|

Ah, yes, Evangelion. I have many memories of groaning and cringing, exasperated, annoyed and disgusted with Shinji's latest (in)actions. I jest. Well, not really. :P

For me this series was definitely in the "love to hate" category. I had to watch the movies to really understand what was going on.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Registered User Full Member savingkp's Avatar
    i watch salior moon on youtube, in japines with english subtiles, as i don't speek japines. also becasue the dub version sucks. they took alot out.