Anime Anyone? (Top Ten List and General Discussion) - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Anyone? (Top Ten List and General Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    The only thing that annoyed me about it was that it added more "main characters"

How many are there now? 50?

I know it's a bad joke, but seriously, how many more backstories of characters do we need?
    Yeah, it's getting tedious.

I'm not sure if stuff in the fandom forum needs to be spoilered, but just in case, something I think would improve Bleach is if they stopped repeating things ie. first save Rukia with the SS-arc, and then it's save Orihime with the Arrancar-arc.

UPDATE. Umm, what happened to the spoiler button, am I blind?
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck31003 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    The only thing that annoyed me about it was that it added more "main characters"

How many are there now? 50?

I know it's a bad joke, but seriously, how many more backstories of characters do we need?
    Yeah, it's getting tedious.

I'm not sure if stuff in the fandom forum needs to be spoilered, but just in case, something I think would improve Bleach is if they stopped repeating things ie. first save Rukia with the SS-arc, and then it's save Orihime with the Arrancar-arc.

UPDATE. Umm, what happened to the spoiler button, am I blind?
    Actually, I think you chose the wrong button. If you look at this text you'll see that you have to choose the third button from the right instead of the fourth.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Regular Member Sir Sebastian's Avatar
    My favourite anime in no particular order: Cowboy Bebop, Rozen Maiden 1st season, Kekkaishi, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Chobits, Ghost in the Shell and GitS: Stand Alone Complex, Minami-ke and Minami-ke Okawari, Shakugan no Shana 1st season, and Escaflowne.

Honorable mentions: Serei no Moribito, Full Metal Alchemist, Gundam Seed, Samurai Champloo, Fate Stay Night, Lucky Star, Manabi Straight, Black Lagoon.

On-going anime that will probably join my favs list once it's finished: Kure-nai.

Bleach might have been up there, except the whole Bount-arc really annoyed me - extremely.
    Ditto on Haruhi. It's awesome! You did watch it in the correct order, right? Lucky Star from the same company is also one of my favorites. I love the dance sequences in the closer of Haruhi and the opener of Lucky Star. Kyon and Koizumi doing the dance is just hilarious. Their faces are priceless.

Kure-nai is looking pretty good, too. The start was a little confusing, but the development of the relationship of Shintaro and Murasaki is very gripping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sebastian View Post
    Ditto on Haruhi. It's awesome! You did watch it in the correct order, right?
    Actually, I've watched it in both broadcast and chronological order.
    If you look at this text you'll see that you have to choose the third button from the right instead of the fourth.
    I think I'm still blind. For the third button from the right I see either
    Code:
    the '#' sign (bottom row) which wraps  around the text
    , or the 'attachment' button (top row).

UPDATE. The '#' button also puts text in quotes - see immediately above? I'm confused.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Registered User Regular Member Sir Sebastian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sebastian View Post
    Ditto on Haruhi. It's awesome! You did watch it in the correct order, right?
    Actually, I've watched it in both broadcast and chronological order.
    Me, too. First I watched it in the DVD order, which, not counting the "Adventures.." episode, is identical to the chronological. It was a little weird to continue watching after the "Melancholy, Part 6" episode. Later I watched it in the broadcast - or the "correct" - order.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I'm still blind. For the third button from the right I see either
    Code:
    the '#' sign (bottom row) which wraps  around the text
    , or the 'attachment' button (top row).

UPDATE. The '#' button also puts text in quotes - see immediately above? I'm confused.
    Sorry, I think I didn't explain it correctly. First you drag your cursor across the text you want to put in spoiler color. Then you click on the text color button. That's the Capital "A" with the color bar beneath it. That brings up the pop up window of all the text colors you can use. The spoiler text color is the third color from the right on the bottom row. Click on that and your text will become the same color as the background, thus "spoilered".
    "Say the Word"

Ah, thanks for the tip. Still, my vision must be wonky. On the palette "Light Cyan" looks blue, rather than the light green as it appears in the threads. At least, it looks greenish to me.

Heh, cue the deja vu. Still, my top five hasn't changed.
    1. FullMetal Alchemist.

2. Yu Yu Hakusho.

3. Cowboy Bebop.

4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

5. Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Well, I guess if I can throw in a top sixth, than the Street Fighter II anime movie gets that spot real easy. Sure, it's not a deep movie by any means, but to quote Shego, "Fighting... it's fun to watch."

A top ten, however... Good question. DBZ would get on the list, though that would mainly be for nostalgia (since reading the manga, I really can't watch the anime easily; the movies are fair game, however). Of course, if we were to include manga in this whole discussion, than Rurouni Kenshin would easily take the number one spot in my list (I've never actually watched that anime). Awesome manga series, that it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike_Industries
    I just found a good one... I recieved the latest Shonen Jump, and they had a preview for the manga, Rosarrio + Vampire, And I know it came out in Japan a couple years back, so I checked to see if there was an Anime for it. Turns out there was.

It's a very very cute show, and the art also falls into the description of cute. I like the strangest things, you know that?

Ah, thanks for the tip. Still, my vision must be wonky. On the palette "Light Cyan" looks blue, rather than the light green as it appears in the threads. At least, it looks greenish to me.
    You're right. It does appear a little off color in that panel, but I think it appears different because the color of the back panel for the color choices is itself different.
    "Say the Word"