May the force be with you! Star Wars fans - Page 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: May the force be with you! Star Wars fans

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Well, I watched the newest episode of The Clone Wars - "Lair of Grievous" - tonight, and I have to say . . . That one of the darkest Star Wars stories I've ever seen. No Fridge Brilliance in this episode, everything was right out in the open. From Nadar Vhem's Dark Side tendencies, to Count Dooku's preference to betray Grievous (some of you might remember that it was the Count who ordered the "accident" that forced the General to become "a ghost"), to the emotion in Grievous' voice, to the certified ******ery of Kit Fisto (who, interestingly enough, has a Jemacan accent . . . and is voiced by Seth Green), everything was all out in the open. Heck, I saw a Clone Trooper get burned alive on screen.

Of course, watching this episode it's easy to see why Kal Skirata said that if it wasn't for the clones he'd be fighting for the Seps. The Confederates are a lot more sympathetic characters then the Republic characters - the Republic sucks, man!

On another note: I noticed the animation for this episode was very good; very complex; lots of grat smoke and lighting effects.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    I wonder if one of the songs will be Springtime For Vader?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle5327739.ece
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    I just got one heck of a deal on a darth vader Force Fx lightsaber. I'm only going to pay $30 and the babys retail between $100-$130. I have 2 already... Lukes ROTJ Green and Anakins ROTS Blue. I still want a Obi-wan ROTS lightsaber but they were out of stock on the deal part... oh well.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Got "The Best of PC" game collection relatively recently. While this does have the advantage of allowing me to play KOTOR without having to deal with the issues Mac OS 10.5+ apparently has with the Mac port , I discovered how great games Battlefront and Republic Commando are. (Unfortunately, I cannot get past the Geonosis mission in the Clone Wars campaign. )

With that in mind ... is Battlefront 2 better than the original, or worse?

Battlefront II is definitly better than the origonal in almost every way, especially how they really diversify the factions and add heroes.

On the topic of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, you do kind of wonder what happens to Ahsoka and Captain Rex around Revenge of the Sith, don't you?

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Having played Battlefront and Republic Commando, I can say with an amount of certainty that the Droidekas are among the most evil things the Trade Federation/CIS ever had.

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    I know this isn't exactly star wars related but... Liam Neeson was Qui-Gon in Episode 1 so...
    Source Yahoo.com
    Natasha Richardson dies after fall on ski slope.

NEW YORK – Natasha Richardson, a gifted and precocious heiress to acting royalty whose career highlights included the film "Patty Hearst" and a Tony-winning performance in a stage revival of "Cabaret," died Wednesday at age 45 after suffering a head injury during a beginners' ski lesson.

Alan Nierob, the Los Angeles-based publicist for Richardson's husband Liam Neeson, confirmed her death in a written statement.

"Liam Neeson, his sons (Micheal, 13, and 12-year-old Daniel), and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha," the statement said. "They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

Liam Neeson's a great actor IMO and I feel really bad for him and his kids.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    That was unfortunate, she seemed like a nice lady. The brain is a fragile thing and needs protecting, helmets may look dorkey, but the alternative is pretty bad.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    I know this isn't exactly star wars related but... Liam Neeson was Qui-Gon in Episode 1 so...
    Source Yahoo.com

NEW YORK – Natasha Richardson, a gifted and precocious heiress to acting royalty whose career highlights included the film "Patty Hearst" and a Tony-winning performance in a stage revival of "Cabaret," died Wednesday at age 45 after suffering a head injury during a beginners' ski lesson.

Alan Nierob, the Los Angeles-based publicist for Richardson's husband Liam Neeson, confirmed her death in a written statement.

"Liam Neeson, his sons (Micheal, 13, and 12-year-old Daniel), and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha," the statement said. "They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

Yes, I had been follwiing this for the last day. As best as I can tell, the accident she suffered probably resulted in an internal laceration of an artery within her brain, which bled slowly, so that no symptoms were immediately seen. It was only a couple of hours later when she started complaining of a severe headache and then went quickly downhill from there. I believe by that time so much blood had accumulated into her head from the bleeding that it literally strangled the rest of the blood supply to the brain and thus killed it.

She was in Montreal at the time and they flew her on life support back to New York. In essence she was already brain dead before she left Montreal. The purpose of flying her back to New York was to allow the entire family to gather and be with her before they took her off life support. It is indeed a treagedy. I believe she was a very well respected actress and I feel particularly bad for Liam Neeson, whom I always considered an intelligent and thoughtful man and which can be somewhat hard to find in Hollywood actors, as well as their two sons. It appeared they had a great marriage as well, something that is also rare among Hollywood actors. Such a tragedy...
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Source Yahoo.com

Yes, I had been following this for the last day. As best as I can tell, the accident she suffered probably resulted in an internal laceration of an artery within her brain, which bled slowly, so that no symptoms were immediately seen. It was only a couple of hours later when she started complaining of a severe headache and then went quickly downhill from there. I believe by that time so much blood had accumulated into her head from the bleeding that it literally strangled the rest of the blood supply to the brain and thus killed it.

She was in Montreal at the time and they flew her on life support back to New York. In essence she was already brain dead before she left Montreal. The purpose of flying her back to New York was to allow the entire family to gather and be with her before they took her off life support. It is indeed a tragedy. I believe she was a very well respected actress and I feel particularly bad for Liam Neeson, whom I always considered an intelligent and thoughtful man and which can be somewhat hard to find in Hollywood actors, as well as their two sons. It appeared they had a great marriage as well, something that is also rare among Hollywood actors. Such a tragedy...
    Yes, it is tragic. My sympathies also go to Liam Neeson and their sons. He's lost his wife; the boys have lost their mother.
    What surprises me, though, is the fact that she was skiing without a helmet. Nowadays, with safety being uppermost in everyone's mind, I see folks wearing helmets all the time - even little kids learning to ride their two-wheelers are wearing them. Heck, the Disney animators had Kim and Ron wearing helmets while skiing or snowboarding - even when they went sledding in "Day of the Snowmen," they each wore a helmet.
    If I were learning a sport like skiing or snowboarding, you can bet I'd have a helmet on - especially after what happened to Ms. Richardson.