Mythbusters
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Mythbusters

  1. #1

    Mythbusters

    So, who's a fan?

    I've liked Mythbusters for quite awhile (along with a bunch of other Discovery Channel shows) and just saw the knew Alaska episode. Sinking the truck was quite interesting. And now we know that cabin fever is indeed possible....:P
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

  2. #2
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    Great show. The new episode with them in alaska was great. I loved the cabin fever myth. Adam and Jamie are some funny charaters.

  3. #3
    Registered User Regular Member Kwebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    149
    I've been a fan of the show since it started. I'm a bit behind since
    i got rid of my satellite, but, my freind tapes them and lets me barrow them so I still see them eventually.

  4. #4
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    I love this show. It and KP are two of my favorites.

    I, probably like many others, come for the science and stay for the explosions. :P I particularly like the experiment they did testing the effect of water on bullet stopping power. You scoff at that action movie-trick for years, but then realize, "Hey, they were right!"
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I love this show. It and KP are two of my favorites.

    I, probably like many others, come for the science and stay for the explosions. :P I particularly like the experiment they did testing the effect of water on bullet stopping power. You scoff at that action movie-trick for years, but then realize, "Hey, they were right!"
    Ever since I saw that episode I've still been amazed that water can stop even the highest powered bullets. I can't really get that through my head. It's just cool!

    Adam and Jamie are great, and so are the others on the show. Their personality brings a lot to solving the myths, and is a large part of why I watch, in addition to the cool science and explosions.

    I think the first episode I saw was when Adam was testing the myth about ways to get out of a sinking car. It was really informative, actually.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

  6. #6
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    I love "Mythbusters," too.
    One of my favorite episodes (out of many! ) is the one where they debunked the superhero myths.

  7. #7
    Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake,Va
    Posts
    1,437
    I say I love all the bits (and there are quite a few) on mentos and diet coke.

  8. #8
    Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the United States of America
    Posts
    787
    Quite a good show, nothing else much to say (At least until my memory stops acting up ). Though, I'd have to say that probably my favorite time on the show was when they were flipping cars and buses over with the engines of a 747 . . . I think.

  9. #9
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody MacArthur Fett View Post
    Quite a good show, nothing else much to say (At least until my memory stops acting up ). Though, I'd have to say that probably my favorite time on the show was when they were flipping cars and buses over with the engines of a 747 . . . I think.
    You're absolutely right; they did flip a car over with the jet blast from a 747 - also a school bus, and a light plane too.
    :P

  10. #10
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody MacArthur Fett View Post
    Quite a good show, nothing else much to say (At least until my memory stops acting up ). Though, I'd have to say that probably my favorite time on the show was when they were flipping cars and buses over with the engines of a 747 . . . I think.
    You're absolutely right; they did flip a car over with the jet blast from a 747 - also a school bus, and a light plane too.
    :P
    I thought that was a Brainiac episode. Wasn't MB's attempt abortive because they didn't have the right engine?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •