Mythbusters - Page 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mythbusters

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Huge marathon coming saturday (starting 9am est.)... they had one on christmas day as well. What a great way to start the new year... all day of mythbusters...

I recently heard a Mythbusters cannonball experiment had gone wrong. A cannonball flew from the bomb range and it hit several houses and a minivan.

Quote Originally Posted by hallofjustice View Post
    I recently heard a Mythbusters cannonball experiment had gone wrong. A cannonball flew from the bomb range and it hit several houses and a minivan.
    I remember catching the end of that story on the news, whatever nite it aired. I'm at work all week when the 5 and 6 pm news is on so, I don't get to watch the whole report.

Registered User Veteran Member hrodwulf123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hallofjustice View Post
    I remember catching the end of that story on the news, whatever nite it aired. I'm at work all week when the 5 and 6 pm news is on so, I don't get to watch the whole report.
    This is the news clip and this is the apology

Registered User Veteran Member hrodwulf123's Avatar
    I freakin' love this show. Did you guys catch that episode when both Adam and Jamie drove on the car through a car wash? That was too awesome for words.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hrodwulf123 View Post
    I freakin' love this show. Did you guys catch that episode when both Adam and Jamie drove on the car through a car wash? That was too awesome for words.
    It is a great show. I really loved the one where they made an actual cannon out of duct tape, and it worked!
    "Say the Word"

Re: Mythbusters

Haven't seen too many episodes as of late... and I've been checking discovery channels line-up... was there something that happed that I missed? They used to air a few episodes every couple weeks or so on the weekend.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Haven't seen too many episodes as of late... and I've been checking discovery channels line-up... was there something that happed that I missed? They used to air a few episodes every couple weeks or so on the weekend.
    I think they're on a hiatus right now - at least as far as broadcasting any episodes is concerned. Perhaps they're busy taping new shows now, and will present them later this year. Discovery Channel doesn't keep a "traditional" TV schedule, with new shows debuting only in the fall. Their programs' seasons tend to begin and end at different times throughout the calendar year. Take Deadliest Catch, for example. I just saw an ad today announcing their new season will begin April 16. Their show begins filming in October, when the boats go out to fish for king crab. They come back shortly before Christmas, then head out again in January for opilio (snow) crab. After they get back at opilio season's end, Discovery gets busy editing the footage together to make the episodes. Those usually run from April until sometime in June, IIRC. I think Mythbusters operates on a similar schedule, only later in the year. I've heard nothing about the show being cancelled, so I think it's safe to assume we'll be getting more Mythbusters episodes soon. We'll just have to be patient.

Your right about that... I've never seen DC every be routine on anything schedule wise, ever! I'd just be to see a show on there I like on once in a while.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Get ready! The 10th season of Mythbusters is scheduled to begin Wednesday, May 1, on Discovery Channel.
    Yes, it's the same night Disney Channel is running those two KP episodes back-to-back. Fortunately, Mythbusters will run in an earlier time slot, so we can enjoy both programs that night.