Star Trek - Page 5
Global Justice Alliance

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    I've got a prior engagement, the Terlingua Chili Festival, which also involves working on my place.
    One of these days, Lunchmeat, I may just go on a road trip down your way. I ain't that far from ya......never been to the Terlingua Chili Festival, but always kinda thought about going.

EDIT: A little off topic, sorry...
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    First weekend in November, ever year
    http://www.chili.org/

http://www.visitbigbend.com/chili.html

Or like Dustin Hoffman in Little Big Man?
    Now there's a possibility....
    I had a great mental image of Sam Elliot finishing the movie out with "Kirk abides..."
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I just looked at the Pez website, and they mentioned they'll be marketing a series of "Star Trek" Pez dispensers as a tie-in with the new movie. Unfortunately, they're a little slow on the updates, because they still list the film's premiere date as December 25, 2008. Evidently, no one's told them yet that it's been moved back to early next May....

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    My daughter got to meet Leonard Nimoy in Go City the other day. Here's a picture he posed for with her BF and her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    My daughter got to meet Leonard Nimoy in Go City the other day. Here's a picture he posed for with her BF and her.
    That's cool! Mr. Nimoy's a very nice man. I got to meet him back in March of 1979 when he came out to College of DuPage to talk about his one-man play, "Vincent," about the artist Vincent van Gogh (he was doing that play at the Paramount Arts Center in Aurora at the time). I got his autograph on a poster of Mr. Spock I had, as well as a copy of his first book, "I Am Not Spock."
    BTW, what was Mr. Nimoy here for? I wish I'd known sooner; I'd have gone to meet him again if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    BTW, what was Mr. Nimoy here for? I wish I'd known sooner; I'd have gone to meet him again if possible.
    He was taping a guest appearance on the NPR news quiz show, Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!

Mrs. c & I got a chance to meet Nimoy around 1975 when he appeared at a Boston College function in NYC. He's a 1953 graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    He was taping a guest appearance on the NPR news quiz show, Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!

Mrs. c & I got a chance to meet Nimoy around 1975 when he appeared at a Boston College function in NYC. He's a 1953 graduate.
    Thanks for the info, campy. It's great to be able to meet our favorite performers from time to time, isn't it?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Nice pic, Campy! You have a pretty daughter, too.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Nice pic, Campy! You have a pretty daughter, too.
    Thank goodness she got her looks and brains from Mom's side of the family ...

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    That's pretty cool, campy! I got to meet him back in 1992, at a convention at the Palace of Auburn Hills (he was doing the con tour with Shatner at the time).