The Unluckiest Luck I've Ever Had...
Global Justice Alliance

Thread: The Unluckiest Luck I've Ever Had...

Mike_Industries

The Unluckiest Luck I've Ever Had...

Last night on my way to meet up with my GF, I stopped and waited for a couple of Deer to cross the road, since I did not want to hit them. After they crossed, I looked for anymore, didn't see any, and began to drive again. Literally three seconds later, out of nowhere a deer rams into the side of my car, taking out the driver's side rear view mirror. I had my window open, and that mirror came in and hit me in the head, jerking my neck to the side, so now I think I have a bit of whiplash. After figuring out what happened, cause that dang mirror hit hard, I got of my car to see the damage. The only thing broke, was the mirror. That was it. No dents, nothing. The deer broke it's neck and died on impact, so I pulled it off the road.

I find my self lucky because that deer might have caused more damage to my car, but it didn't. And a replacement mirror I can get at any junkyard for cheap.

The unlucky part, My neck is killing me...

And I have a new nickname for myself, Accident Prone.

Registered User Regular Member Kwebs's Avatar
    Mike, I hope your neck gets better soon and I'm glad that it wasn't as bad as it could of been. I hit a deer once and it totaled out my car. The thing was the deer got up and ran away and didn't look hurt at all.

Take care Mike and get better soon.

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    OK, you're now officially Ron Stoppable incarnate. Everything in your life points to such. Luck and all.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    At least your deer hit left your car almost unscathed - I was riding with my dad and a friend when our Explorer hit a deer a few weeks before Christmas last year. The impact blew out both airbags, bent the front bumper back into the wheel, and wrecked up the grill. Since the car was almost 10 years old, it was considered "totalled" from a finanical perspective.

You had to 'pay' for it with more bodily injury, though. Hope it's not too serious.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    'Chutes is right, Mike. You're indeed fortunate that the deer only broke your car's mirror, and nothing else. That'll keep your repair costs to a minimum. As for your neck, go see your doctor about it if you haven't already.
    I'm just glad you were able to walk away from that accident. An old friend of my dad's wasn't so lucky. Back in the late 80's, he was driving home along a country road in Virginia where he'd moved. He was going at about 90 MPH after dusk when he came upon a horse standing in the middle of the road. Dad's friend couldn't stop in time and his car hit the horse broadside. The impact destroyed the car and killed Dad's friend instantly. That horse weighed about 1200 pounds, IIRC.

Registered User Regular Member Sir Sebastian's Avatar
    Mike, you really need to get one of them "deathproof" cars. Then start calling yourself Stuntman Mike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike_Industries
    A deathproof car? I think I would get too cocky if I drive that.

I'm heading to the doctors today, but the pain is not as bad as yesterday. It's more of a minor annoyance now.

Thanks for the concern guys, but I'm fine.

Seriously, Deathproof?