Doctor Who - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor Who

I must have a thing for people saving the world, because I've started to love this show. And the Doctor...well, he saves the world quite a lot.

Anyway, I thought it a good time to mention that the 10th Doctor is going to regenerate tomorrow night in the U.S.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    ...Anyway, I thought it a good time to mention that the 10th Doctor is going to regenerate tomorrow night in the U.S.
    I thought Time Lords could only regenerate seven times at most....
    What kind of loophole did they figure out for that rule?

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    ...Anyway, I thought it a good time to mention that the 10th Doctor is going to regenerate tomorrow night in the U.S.
    This link says twelve:
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration

I suppose the episode tomorrow will make ten regenerations, and the series will be that much closer to a permanent finish. Unless the Doctor somehow obtains another cycle...but I don't see why he would want to live that long (or why the BBC would risk overstaying the Doctor's welcome).
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    This link says twelve:
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration

Okay, I stand corrected. You're right; it is twelve. And having seen the "Dr. Who" episode in which they established the twelve-regeneration limit (The Deadly Assassin, starring Tom Baker as the Doctor), I remember it now thanks to the link you supplied. Wonder why I thought they only had seven?
    I must have confused it with something from another series, I guess...

Seven is a good number...Although if it had been only seven, a few actors would not have had jobs.

I find it ironic that in the new episode the Doctor commented that the Time Lords live too long.

Anyway, Matt Smith is the new Doctor. I rather liked the 10th Doctor, better than the ones I've seen (unfortunately, I haven't seen too many Doctors) but I think the 11th could be interesting. His beginning, short as it was, got me interested.

At the end of the day I'm rather glad my cable company provides BBC America. I didn't even know we had it until July, when my family wanted to watch Torchwood.

Our local PBS station is also showing the new Doctor Who episodes!
    In fact, I just happened to tune in tonight to a repeat of the 2008 episode, The Unicorn and the Wasp, and discovered something. The actor who played Colonel Hugh Curbishley, an actor named Christopher Benjamin, also portrayed theater owner Henry Gordon Jago in the 1977 Doctor Who storyline, The Talons of Weng-Chiang!* I thought his face looked familiar, so I checked on the Internet Movie Database's website and sure enough - it's the same guy!

(*That was during Tom Baker's run as the Doctor.)