Deadliest Catch - Page 11
Global Justice Alliance

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud23465 View Post
    Season finale tonite... sounds serious... edgar confronts sig is what i have on my preview info on my dvr... oh boy.
    As it turns out, that "confrontation" was rather low-key. I got the impression that Sig really doesn't believe that Edgar's serious about quitting. IMHO, he's in for a shock when Edgar does leave the boat.
    Yea, it was rather... mellow. I was expecting a full bown meltdown. I was a different season finale than im used to... but, it was good though. I was shocked to hear some of the huge(er) quotas for some of the boat were like wow.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Season finale tonite... sounds serious... edgar confronts sig is what i have on my preview info on my dvr... oh boy.
    As it turns out, that "confrontation" was rather low-key. I got the impression that Sig really doesn't believe that Edgar's serious about quitting. IMHO, he's in for a shock when Edgar does leave the boat.
    Yea, it was rather... mellow. I was expecting a full blown meltdown. It was a different season finale than im used to... but, it was good though. I was shocked to hear some of the huge(er) quotas for some of the boat were like wow.
    Oh, yes; the price of seafood - especially crab - is such that a successful fishing boat can make a lot of money in a short time.
    You noticed, though, that they never mentioned what the Cornelia Marie's final haul was after the belated finish to their opilio season (late April; ten weeks after the rest of the fleet)? I guess the producers felt it didn't really matter, what with Capt. Phil's passing.

From http://press.discovery.com
    Statement from Captains Sig Hansen and Johnathan & Andy Hillstrand
    October 8, 2010

"We're happy we worked everything out with Discovery. A deal's a deal. We're heading up to Dutch Harbor to start filming the new season of DEADLIEST CATCH and hopefully it will be the best one yet."

The Hillstrands added: "Everyone worked really hard on putting together HILLSTRANDED and we're looking forward to wrapping that up. It's something new that we hope people will enjoy."

October 8, 2010

"We're happy we worked everything out with Discovery. A deal's a deal. We're heading up to Dutch Harbor to start filming the new season of DEADLIEST CATCH and hopefully it will be the best one yet."

The Hillstrands added: "Everyone worked really hard on putting together HILLSTRANDED and we're looking forward to wrapping that up. It's something new that we hope people will enjoy."
    So they're coming back to the show after all? That's great! Deadliest Catch wouldn't be the same without them! I'm glad to hear they settled their differences with Discovery Channel. This new show, Hillstranded, sounds interesting as well. I'm curious to see what that'll be like.
    Like I said in the What Are You Watching? thread, Time Bandit and Northwestern are two of my favorite boats on Deadliest Catch. It's good to know they'll be returning after all.
    Thanks for the update, Cloud!

October 8, 2010

So they're coming back to the show after all? That's great! Deadliest Catch wouldn't be the same without them! I'm glad to hear they settled their differences with Discovery Channel. This new show, Hillstranded, sounds interesting as well. I'm curious to see what that'll be like.
    Like I said in the What Are You Watching? thread, Time Bandit and Northwestern are two of my favorite boats on Deadliest Catch. It's good to know they'll be returning after all.
    No problem. I think that the Hillstrand bros. realised that it was in there hands to fix the problem in the first place with DC. It was they, after all that didn't finish the deal on the contract and they probably came to there sences once they realised they wouldn't win the suit. Not to metion I am pretty sure DC pays both their boat and the northwestern pretty good money (considering the ratings and such both boats featch being on the show) so im sure they worked it out so everyone would win.

October 8, 2010

No problem. I think that the Hillstrand bros. realised that it was in there hands to fix the problem in the first place with DC. It was they, after all that didn't finish the deal on the contract and they probably came to there sences once they realised they wouldn't win the suit. Not to metion I am pretty sure DC pays both their boat and the northwestern pretty good money (considering the ratings and such both boats featch being on the show) so im sure they worked it out so everyone would win.
    You're probably right; I've heard of many instances where lawsuits were settled out of court this way after both parties had time to think things over. I'm just glad this story had a happy ending, because the show's fans ultimately win in the long run.
    BTW, Sig Hansen has published a book about his years as a fisherman - I believe its title is "North by Northwestern," and I saw it mentioned in an e-mail I got from the Borders bookstore chain (I'm signed up for their Borders Rewards program - that's how I heard about the book). I'm trying to locate a copy for myself.

October 8, 2010

You're probably right; I've heard of many instances where lawsuits were settled out of court this way after both parties had time to think things over. I'm just glad this story had a happy ending, because the show's fans ultimately win in the long run.
    BTW, Sig Hansen has published a book about his years as a fisherman - I believe its title is "North by Northwestern," and I saw it mentioned in an e-mail I got from the Borders bookstore chain (I'm signed up for their Borders Rewards program - that's how I heard about the book). I'm trying to locate a copy for myself.
    I did some reasearching The Cornelia marie and i'm sure this is due in part of phils death but even still... on facebook phils boat page has over 681,000 fans. Northwestern 247,000. Time bandit 50,000. The dealiest catch series clocks in at 1,331,000 fans. Between those 3 boats I believe it like 80%+ of the shows fans. Now i can't help but think or wonder if the northwestern was offered a show before the time bandit was... With josh and jakes personal lifes being pretty rough with the loss of there dad and with jakes drug problem. I would of loved to see sig or edgar on a show... oh well.

October 8, 2010

I did some reasearching The Cornelia marie and i'm sure this is due in part of phils death but even still... on facebook phils boat page has over 681,000 fans. Northwestern 247,000. Time bandit 50,000. The dealiest catch series clocks in at 1,331,000 fans. Between those 3 boats I believe it like 80%+ of the shows fans. Now i can't help but think or wonder if the northwestern was offered a show before the time bandit was... With josh and jakes personal lifes being pretty rough with the loss of there dad and with jakes drug problem. I would of loved to see sig or edgar on a show... oh well.
    Well, we'll still get to see them on Deadliest Catch, thanks to the Hillstrand brothers settling the lawsuit with Discovery Channel.

Almost time for the boys of deadliest catch to head out for those... snow crabs. I cant wait to see how things turned out this season.

They ran a "Deadliest Catch" marathon on New Year's Eve - the shows I caught were from this past season, when Capt. Phil suffered a stroke then died. Poignant shows, truly....