Anyone else think that Kim's abilities are well, unnatural? - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think that Kim's abilities are well, unnatural?

Now, now... Shego's got some wins over Kimmie. Generally they happen at the beginning of an episode when evil is alllowed to win so that the plot can advance (Naked Genius and Emotion Sickness come to mind), though sometimes there are exceptions (the end of Mind Games).

But I digress. Back to Nana. The scary thing about her is that dear old Nana Possible isn't even in her prime. Granted, I can't imagine that Kim wasn't holding back during that episode, all things considered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDrP View Post
    While campy and TheGreenMagic both make valid points about physics in the KP'Verse and the Rule of Cool, I'd like to point out that Kim is still superior to anyone else on the show when it comes to "superhuman" or "unnatural" athletic feats and fighting skills. She was clearly intended by MBS to outshine anyone else with the possible (no pun intended) exception of Shego.
    Actually, Kim's martial arts skills are second to Nana's. Remember how easily the old gal took down her world saving granddaughter?
    Hmmm. Good point...
    Forgot about that scene.
    EDIT: But Nana's the only person in the KP 'Verse who can beat Kim. Aside from her, my above post still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Now, now... Shego's got some wins over Kimmie. Generally they happen at the beginning of an episode when evil is alllowed to win so that the plot can advance (Naked Genius and Emotion Sickness come to mind), though sometimes there are exceptions (the end of Mind Games).

But I digress. Back to Nana. The scary thing about her is that dear old Nana Possible isn't even in her prime. Granted, I can't imagine that Kim wasn't holding back during that episode, all things considered.
    Exactly why Nana holds such a prominant position in my "Resolution" universe.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDrP View Post
    While campy and TheGreenMagic both make valid points about physics in the KP'Verse and the Rule of Cool, I'd like to point out that Kim is still superior to anyone else on the show when it comes to "superhuman" or "unnatural" athletic feats and fighting skills. She was clearly intended by MBS to outshine anyone else with the possible (no pun intended) exception of Shego.
    Actually, Kim's martial arts skills are second to Nana's. Remember how easily the old gal took down her world saving granddaughter?
    Hmmm. Good point...
    Forgot about that scene.
    EDIT: But Nana's the only person in the KP 'Verse who can beat Kim. Aside from her, my above post still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Now, now... Shego's got some wins over Kimmie. Generally they happen at the beginning of an episode when evil is allowed to win so that the plot can advance (Naked Genius and Emotion Sickness come to mind), though sometimes there are exceptions (the end of Mind Games).

Exactly why Nana holds such a prominent position in my "Resolution" universe.
    Of course, it's easy to see where Kim inherited her athletic abilities and superb coordination...she most definitely takes after Nana Possible. I wonder if Mr. Dr. P., Slim, and the tweebs inherited their scientific genius from Grandfather Possible (who was only mentioned once, in passing, in the Christmas episode)? Since they never really discussed him, we don't know what he passed on, genetically, to his sons and grandchildren, or even what he did for a living or what his interests were. It's a shame Mark, Bob, and Steve never thought to tell us something about Grandpa.

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Well, there's a good chance her abilities are unnatural. I personally have been entertaining the idea that she has a bit of a Motoko Kusanagi Syndrome going on. I mean, did you hear the sound her body made when it collided with the Eiffel Tower in "Adventures in Rufus Sitting"?

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody MacArthur Fett View Post
    I mean, did you hear the sound her body made when it collided with the Eiffel Tower in "Adventures in Rufus Sitting"?
    Um, an "oof!" ?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I mean, did you hear the sound her body made when it collided with the Eiffel Tower in "Adventures in Rufus Sitting"?
    Um, an "oof!" ?
    A clanging sound, like metal hitting metal.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Um, an "oof!" ?
    Just because she "clanged" when she hit the Eiffel Tower doesn't necessarily mean Kim's a cyborg. Any non-metallic object - including a human body - can make a clanging sound when striking certain surfaces made of structural steel, if it hits hard enough. Remember, we're dealing with cartoon physics here. That means an athlete like Kim's capable of seemingly superhuman feats just for dramatic effect. Plus, the artists and writers have Kim doing such things because it looks good - in other words, it follows the "Rule of Cool."

Um, an "oof!" ?
    Just because she "clanged" when she hit the Eiffel Tower doesn't necessarily mean Kim's a cyborg. Any non-metallic object - including a human body - can make a clanging sound when striking certain surfaces made of structural steel, if it hits hard enough. Remember, we're dealing with cartoon physics here. That means an athlete like Kim's capable of seemingly superhuman feats just for dramatic effect. Plus, the artists and writers have Kim doing such things because it looks good - in other words, it follows the "Rule of Cool."
    Way to ruin the crazy fun man. And I was on such a role with that plot bunny too.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Way to ruin the crazy fun man. And I was on such a role with that plot bunny too.
    Well, his explanation doesn't rule out Kim being a cyborg...

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    Well, his explanation doesn't rule out Kim being a cyborg...
    Can a cyborg catch a cold? We know Kim can.

Would a cyborg pick its nose? (Even if nobody was looking?)