Serving up some plotbunnies...
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serving up some plotbunnies...

Registered User Full Member

Serving up some plotbunnies...

(Note: the reason I'm making this a seperate thread instead of posting it in the FanFic thread is that said thread seems to be for announcing one's finished fic and posting the link to it. Since I'm just posting some plotbunnies (if you can even call them that, in many cases) that have accumulated in my sewer-pit of a mind, I thought it would be best to put them in a different thread. If Jeriddian and the various mods feel differently, feel free to merge this thread with the FanFic thread.)

Idea one: Drew Lipsky never has a falling out with James Possible, and the two remain close. He goes on to be James's best man at his wedding (or, at least, heavily involved), and is now known by Kim, Jim, and Tim as "Uncle Drew." (Heck, in this scenario, he might even be Kim's godfather.) I'm probably not the first person to think of this, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Idea two: At some point (prior to Graduation), Kim gets Shego's glow power. (The method doesn't matter.) I could be wrong, but if that happened (prior to Graduation, as mentioned above), Kim wouldn't be very interested in returning Shego's power. Not because she wanted to keep it for herself (although she probably would regard it as useful), but because of the simple fact that if she has it, Shego doesn't, making Shego less of a threat, both to her and Ron, and people in general. (I repeated myself about it being prior to Graduation to avoid potential confusion.) I'm probably not the first person to think of this, either, but like the above idea, I haven't seen it anywhere else.

So, what do you think? Do you have any ideas, weird-butt or otherwise, that you are unlikely to turn into a story?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I think this can stand on its own as a thread.

Idea One: I cannot recall seeing or reading a fanfic that did this. But I have a feeling someone has done it somewhere. However, searching for it would be a real pain. There's no search function on FFnet that would allow it, I believe. And we do have better than 4000 KP stories there now, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if someone had broached the subject.

Idea Two: I am almost sure somebody has done this one, where Kim ended up with Shego's powers in some way. I remember seeing it described in the "new stories in" page on FFnet, but I didn't go on to read the story. For a very long time now, I have ceased to read FFnet stories because I simply no longer have the time for it. I have done it on rare occasions only.

As to my own plot bunnies, I am working on one right now that involves a look at Bonnie in the "Resolution" world. This would take place about one or two years before "Magi".
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Meanwhile, kim Possible, teen hero and backup singer for the Hong Kong Cavalliers made final adjustments to the Oscillation Oversthruster........
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Idea three: Someone gives DNAmy a copy of every edition of the Monster Manual, along with other such books.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Here's a plot bunny that was inspired by a comment by cpneb in the Fan Art Thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by cpneb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    Just in time for Halloween, it's the Drs. P as Commander Kane and his alien princess...
    Just make sure that Motor Ed doesn't get a glimpse of her in the green body paint: remember his reaction to Shego, his 'green babe.'

could be trouble....
    So ... it's Halloween, and the Possibles go a Halloween party dressed as the above pictured duo (or maybe James as Capt. Constellation, if you prefer.) At the party (or on their way to it), "green Anne" is spotted by no other than Motor Ed, and well, you can guess his reaction.

Of course, Anne is a married woman, and wouldn't even consider dating a guy like Ed even if she was single. But do you think such minor issues like that will stop Ed from trying?

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    Of course, Anne is a married woman, and wouldn't even consider dating a guy like Ed even if she was single. But do you think such minor issues like that will stop Ed from trying?
    ...Hence the reason James always keeps an Ares IV warming on the pad...
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birthday View Post
    Idea two: At some point (prior to Graduation), Kim gets Shego's glow power. (The method doesn't matter.) I could be wrong, but if that happened (prior to Graduation, as mentioned above), Kim wouldn't be very interested in returning Shego's power. Not because she wanted to keep it for herself (although she probably would regard it as useful), but because of the simple fact that if she has it, Shego doesn't, making Shego less of a threat, both to her and Ron, and people in general. (I repeated myself about it being prior to Graduation to avoid potential confusion.) I'm probably not the first person to think of this, either, but like the above idea, I haven't seen it anywhere else.
    You're not. Someone else (I don't remember who right now) did a story that used a variation on this premise and posted it on FF.net. IIRC, it involved Kim and Ron on the trail of someone who's systematically murdering some of Kim's foes. It turns out to be a future Kim, who's come back in time to avenge Ron's murder - and prevent it - by killing the people responsible before they actually commit the crime. "Future Kim" has the same type of plasma energy emanating from her hands, only hers glows red instead of green. Global Justice agent Will Du makes a dual appearance as both his present and future selves get involved in the case ("Future Will" is on "Future Kim's" trail, having followed her back from the future to try and stop her).
    Like I said, I don't remember who wrote it, or even what the fanfic's title is. Sorry...

Sounds interesting though. I think I'm gonna start searching for it.

I tossed this plot bunny out at FanFiction.net, but I guess I'll do the same here, though I'll keep it brief for the sake of everyone's sanity. Some time after Graduation, probably a long time, SSJ and Bonnie are going about setting up their wedding. Bonnie asks Kim to be her Maid of Honor, since she thinks Kim's the only one nice enough to do it despite their past history. As for SSJ, there is but one individual he could pick to be his best man... uhm, best woman that is. Shego. God help him if he actually asked Shego to be his best man.

Oh, I could see much chaos erupting from that situation, which was why I was originally going to title the story Twenty-Seven Stresses. You see what I did there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post

I tossed this plot bunny out at FanFiction.net, but I guess I'll do the same here, though I'll keep it brief for the sake of everyone's sanity. Some time after Graduation, probably a long time, SSJ and Bonnie are going about setting up their wedding. Bonnie asks Kim to be her Maid of Honor, since she thinks Kim's the only one nice enough to do it despite their past history. As for SSJ, there is but one individual he could pick to be his best man... uhm, best woman that is. Shego. God help him if he actually asked Shego to be his best man.

Oh, I could see much chaos erupting from that situation, which was why I was originally going to title the story Twenty-Seven Stresses. You see what I did there?
    You're probably making a reference to something, but I have no idea what.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birthday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post

You're probably making a reference to something, but I have no idea what.
    He's referencing the movie "Twenty Seven Dresses" starring Katherine Heigl I believe, who plays a woman who is the perennial bridesmaid.
    "Say the Word"