Season 1 box sets: coming to Amazon.com woo hoo, extra hoo!
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 1 box sets: coming to Amazon.com woo hoo, extra hoo!

Registered User Senior Member cpneb's Avatar

Season 1 box sets: coming to Amazon.com woo hoo, extra hoo!

http://www.amazon.com/Kim-Possible-S...3483621&sr=1-5

This is for Region 1 (US/CA); Region 2 (Germany) already out.

Heard about this as a rumor from Mission: Kim Possible Yahoo board, earlier this week, but it's true....

No details on format as of yet.

...cpneb

Sweeeet! I heard about this on RS.net. Looks pretty offical too!

Totally buying it if and when it comes out!

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I'm not buying it myself, but I am telling my family about it so they can give it to me next December.

Until then, I'll struggle along with the 17 S1 episodes I have in iTunes.

This listing has been up for weeks, and there's nothing in it that indicates there's anything official. (Compare this listing the the listings for released DVDs.) There are ways that "amazon associates" can add their own entries, and I think this is just someone with that ability engaged in wishful thinking. Sorry.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Well, that tanks.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I'm not buying it myself, but I am telling my family about it so they can give it to me next December.
    That's my current line of thought, too.

Though the advantage of having the episodes on iTunes is that you can take screencaps (my Mac won't let me take pictures of the screen when a DVD is playing. )

But still, great news!

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    On the plus side, if enough people do sign up for notification, maybe it will indicate to Disney that there is enough interest to actually market them (don't know what the logistics of converting the German DVDs to US format, would be, I understand they already have english language tracks on them).
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    On the plus side, if enough people do sign up for notification, maybe it will indicate to Disney that there is enough interest to actually market them (don't know what the logistics of converting the German DVDs to US format, would be, I understand they already have english language tracks on them).
    Actually, the Geman Box Set has four languages: The original American English, German, French, and Dutch. You can watch the episodes in any of those languages. There is a choice menu when the DVD pops up asking you to choose which language, which then goes into your other choices.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Hopefully porting over would merely be a function of a format modification (I'm not knowledgeable on the technical basis for the differences in the zone formats). I still have this mental image of the German language version sounding like something out of Triumph Of The Will.....
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Hopefully porting over would merely be a function of a format modification (I'm not knowledgeable on the technical basis for the differences in the zone formats). I still have this mental image of the German language version sounding like something out of Triumph Of The Will.....
    I think the German version is the best non-English version. The script is strictly translated nearly word for word. The German VA's do a better job of preserving the high intensity of emotion in the script reading than the other two languages, although the VA's are okay for the other languages too. Part of that I think is because German tends to be gutteral in nature like English, therefore it has an edge in conveying the emotional highs better. That may also account to some degree for its increased popularity in Germany rather than the other countries due to that quality.
    "Say the Word"