Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers!
Global Justice Alliance

Thread: Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers!

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar

Smile Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers!

Just wondering if there's anyone here who was a fan of the old '80s-'90s Disney Afternoon show. I know I was (and am) - heck, one of my first posts on ARA was a suggestion for a KP/RR crossover!

So, if there's anyone here who still remembers the show, who were your favorite characters, what was/were your favorite episode(s), and who do you think Gadget should have wound up with, Chip, Dale, someone else, or nobody? (KP shipping debates, eat your heart out! )

Mike_Industries
    Oh Me! I watched that show all the time!

My Fave Character is Dale, well because I feel like he is the original dufus, and he deserves credit.

I really don't have a favorite episode, but anything involving "Mr. CH-E-E-EEESE!" and his weakness was very funny.

Gadget would should have wound up with Chip just because I think they would make a cute rodent couple, ya' know.

Gah, this convo makes me think about DuckTales... lol!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Industries View Post
    Oh Me! I watched that show all the time!

My Fave Character is Dale, well because I feel like he is the original dufus, and he deserves credit.

I really don't have a favorite episode, but anything involving "Mr. CH-E-E-EEESE!" and his weakness was very funny.

Gadget would should have wound up with Chip just because I think they would make a cute rodent couple, ya' know.

Gah, this convo makes me think about DuckTales... lol!
    I remember watching "DuckTales" in the late 80's... part of that "Disney Afternoon" block of animated cartoon shows they ran in syndication back then.
    I was learning to fly at the time; so whenever I saw that "DuckTales" character Launchpad McQuack - you know, the inept pilot - I'd cringe a little inside. General aviation (the small aircraft flown by private and corporate pilots) has unfortunately suffered a bad reputation amongst a segment of the populace; and having a cartoon character who regularly crashes his airplane while trying to land didn't help matters any, IMHO.
    Aside from that, I enjoyed the series immensely.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I was learning to fly at the time; so whenever I saw that "DuckTales" character Launchpad McQuack - you know, the inept pilot - I'd cringe a little inside. General aviation (the small aircraft flown by private and corporate pilots) has unfortunately suffered a bad reputation amongst a segment of the populace; and having a cartoon character who regularly crashes his airplane while trying to land didn't help matters any, IMHO.
    You must've hated "TailSpin," then!
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    You must've hated "TailSpin," then!
    Actually, I never saw an episode of that show. I'd seen it advertised, but I was always doing something else when they ran it on our local station.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar

Smile

It's been over two years since the last post in this thread... so why am posting in it now?

Well, it turns out there's new Ranger comics out! Not a fancomic, but official!

Turns out it started last year, and I only found out about it when someone mentioned it off-hand on dA. So I've ordered the first issue to catch up (I'dve ordered more, but the second issue is out of stock , and I don't want to read them out of order.)

here's what looks to be the first five pages of issue #1. Feel free to check it out.