General KP Thread 10; Even More Kimness - Page 46
Global Justice Alliance

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: General KP Thread 10; Even More Kimness

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Someone help me out, please, I'm having a Senior Moment. The type of belt that Kim and Ron wear with the classic mission outfit (the one with the little pouches for gear) ... what's that called?

"Ammo belt" and "cartridge belt" seem to turn up only belts adorned with the little tubes for ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    The answer is uniquely Drakken: He accidentally built his tower to the resonance frequency of thunder.
    It's ... Possible.
    it looks pretty muchg like the cartridge belt for the M-1 Garand or the Browning automatic rifle. If you scroll down, there are pictures (I haven't time to dig mine out just now) http://www.5thrib.com/equipmentindividual.htm
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    How was Kim, with her strength-boosting super suit short-circuited, able to generate the force necessary to bring Drakken's broadcasting antenna to the ground?

The answer is uniquely Drakken: He accidentally built his tower to the resonance frequency of thunder. The height of the antenna served as an amplifyer, so from the moment the thing was deployed at the beginning of the storm, it was begining to shake itself apart. By the end of the roof battle, the thing was supersaturated with tiny microcracks just looking for a trigger 'seed.' When Shego impacted, CRACK! the shock wave radiated through the structure, disrupted the weakened bonds, and brought that sucker down.
    Another plausible explanation:
    Drakken built the bottom section of the tower - the cylinder we see Shego smacking into when Kim kicks her - out of an epoxy-resin mixture rather than steel. If you'll notice, the cylinder's constructed of curved rectangular plates instead of being cast in one piece, which further weakened the overall structure. Although capable of performing its desired function, that cylinder
    could not withstand a sudden impact from the side - much like a porcelain toilet that could support the weight of a 300-pound human sitting on it, yet can easily be shattered by a sideways blow from a sledgehammer. Thus, it collapsed like a house of cards once its structural integrity had been compromised.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Random, in-the-shower conjecture:

One (of several) things that bugged me about "So the Drama:"

How was Kim, with her strength-boosting super suit short-circuited, able to generate the force necessary to bring Drakken's broadcasting antenna to the ground?

The answer is uniquely Drakken: He accidentally built his tower to the resonance frequency of thunder. The height of the antenna served as an amplifyer, so from the moment the thing was deployed at the beginning of the storm, it was begining to shake itself apart. By the end of the roof battle, the thing was supersaturated with tiny microcracks just looking for a trigger 'seed.' When Shego impacted, CRACK! the shock wave radiated through the structure, disrupted the weakened bonds, and brought that sucker down.

Science!

Okay...can we say Deus Ex Machina?........
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Or Kim is really a doppleganger of William Wallace and throwing Shego like a war shotput......
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    You know, while watching "The Full Monkey," a thought occurred to me: If Kim really didn't want to wear the "Nana dress," all she had to do was see that an unfortunate "accident" happened to it while at school that day...
    "...I don't know what happened, Mom. Somehow the dress got splashed with acid in Chem class. I know Nana's going to be disappointed, but I just couldn't wear it with a big hole in the front, now could I?"

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Or Kim is really a doppleganger of William Wallace and throwing Shego like a war shotput......

FREEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! :P

And on a random note......
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Well, the scans turned out looking good, but when I uploaded them to ImageShack... it kinda butchered them. Hmm, actually, no it didn't, it's just that in order to get the pictures on the computer to a size to be able to read it, it makes it look not quite as good. I don't know really, they look better on my comp than they do on ImageShack. Aw well, enough rambling.

Some of these similarities in the comic to the show are pretty cool, especially one that seems to correlate to Season 4, or only appear one time in the show, at least a little bit. And then the slight differences (though that may be how I'm perceiving them).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    Hmmm... Interesting find you have there, Ace. Thanks for posting them.

Does the magazine happen to mention who the author is? I'm curious to know if it's one of KP's writers or just another writer from Disney. Personally, I don't think a comic strip can do KP justice, but still an interesting idea.
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

Craig Rosseau has them on his website, but not on his image index page. Or at least I lost the link to the page...

http://www.craigrousseau.com/gallery/kp.html

You can go directly to them this way...

http://www.craigrousseau.com/gallery/kp/babysittin1.jpg

(Change 1 to 2 to 6)

I picked up a bunch of these magazines on eBay, issued through the end of 2003, which contain other KP comics. (I don't have this issue, though). Also have a German "Mickey Maus" comics almost entirely KP related. (Some of the comics seem to be more than a bit off model, though.)

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmandmz View Post
    Hmmm... Interesting find you have there, Ace. Thanks for posting them.

Does the magazine happen to mention who the author is? I'm curious to know if it's one of KP's writers or just another writer from Disney. Personally, I don't think a comic strip can do KP justice, but still an interesting idea.
    Writer: Abby Denson
    Pencils: Craig Rousseau
    Inks: Jeff Albrecht
    Letters: Michael Stewart
    Colors: John Green

Personally what I find interesting is the fact that Kim's moped is the same color as her car ends up being in Season 4. Not to mention that apparently Shego constructed the tot. And she's in the apron!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park