General KP Thread 10; Even More Kimness - Page 47
Global Justice Alliance

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: General KP Thread 10; Even More Kimness

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    These look great, but the resolution off your imageshack scans don't seme to be as good as the originals from Rousseau's website. Can I get all of these shots from there?
    "Say the Word"

Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    This has already been stated in the past, and I'm probably being Captain Obvious here, but KP continues to have amazing replay value. I've been on a KP viewing marathon for the last week when I finally figured out a scene in Ron the Man that had escaped me for the longest time.

Right after Drakken orders his muscled-enhanced henchmen to "use the power of the rings" to steal the Pan Dimensional Vortex Inducer away from Proffessor Dementor, the next scene is of Kim and a muscle enhanced Ron saying "Ohhh" when wondering what the rings had to do with the PDVI. The thing I didn't figure out until just recently was that both Kim & Ron had said it, not just Kim. For the longest time, I thought it was just a random scene of Kim saying "Oohhhh!" after Ron busted through the pool gate carrying a flower pot.

It was kind of funny thinking about it after that realization.
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    These look great, but the resolution off your imageshack scans don't seme to be as good as the originals from Rousseau's website. Can I get all of these shots from there?
    Certainly! I don't know why ImageShack seemed to mess them up, so I'd actually prefer you take them from there since they look better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    *Winces*

Should KP get her own theatrical film, I do hope they do a better job with the backstory comic...

I guess this show just doesn't translate so well into comic book form...

The Craig pictures are better quality, but they're kinda too small to really read the text. AIC's scans, while lower quality, show the bubble text crisply.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I have a feeling that it's for proprietary reasons, Rousseau probably shrunk them down to visible, but unusable scale, so that nobody could take them and try to publish them without his permission.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Certainly! I don't know why ImageShack seemed to mess them up, so I'd actually prefer you take them from there since they look better.
    Yes, thanks for posting those images, Ace. As it turns out, that's not the "Disney Adventures" issue I saw at the store in the summer of '02. The ish I saw had a picture of a smiling Kim with her arms folded across her chest on its cover. And, IIRC, the accompanying article was about the show itself - it wasn't a comic strip.
    But I do appreciate your sharing that stuff with us, so thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Yes, thanks for posting those images, Ace. As it turns out, that's not the "Disney Adventures" issue I saw at the store in the summer of '02. The ish I saw had a picture of a smiling Kim with her arms folded across her chest on its cover. And, IIRC, the accompanying article was about the show itself - it wasn't a comic strip.
    I searched the internet and - big surprise - found a site where people'd been scanning in all the "Disney Adventures" magazines.

The "Summer 2002" edition has Lilo and Stitch all over the cover; no mention of Kim. There's a comic for her on page 82, though (Just a single scanned page, unfortunately).

Surprisingly dark. As in "Mass starvation" dark.

(Drakken: I call it the Kim Jong Il approach!)

A description from the person who scanned them in:
    A four page Kim Possible comic, and this must be one around when the series debuted, considering the intro. A related story, somebody in my screenwriting class last semester compared one of my characters with Ron Stoppable, leading to a ten minute discussion on how hot of a cartoon character Kim was. This is what my college tuition is paying for, folks!
    EDIT: Just noticed that this was done recently - 6 days ago. The fandom..... she liiiiiiiiiives! :P

EDIT: I found the rest of that "Flower Power" comic: http://www.craigrousseau.com/kim-possible,47.html

Kinda odd how S4 wraps back around...

I like the "Star Trek" reference on page 3.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I guess this show just doesn't translate so well into comic book form...
    I wouldn't say that. I'd say it's more a problem of writing quality, as I'd guess the writers for Disney Adventures were of lower quality than the show's writing staff and/or the DA writers were too lazy/didn't care to investigate into just what makes the show tick. So the low quality of the DA comics doesn't necessarily mean KP can't be done well as a comic.

I'd also note that the length of each comic story shows a decline in DA's quality since the days of the early Disney Afternoon. I remember some Rescue Ranger, Tailspin and DuckTales stories that could have made a half-hour episode, or more. (I know one guy collected the full-length RR stories from Disney Adventures, but unfortunately his website is now defunct... )

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    I wouldn't say that. I'd say it's more a problem of writing quality, as I'd guess the writers for Disney Adventures were of lower quality than the show's writing staff and/or the DA writers were too lazy/didn't care to investigate into just what makes the show tick.
    Thanks; that's a good point.

I'd also note that the length of each comic story shows a decline in DA's quality since the days of the early Disney Afternoon.
    It's interesting you mention that - on one of the earlier pages in that thread, they had a list of average page lengths for the different DA isssues for each general era. It started out with some 128-odd pages when it debuted in 1990; by the time the magazine ended, they were down to 80 or so.

==============================

Some random thoughts while watching "Ron the Man:"

I'm surprised how edgy of an undertone this episode has. First there's the whole question of manhood, which is sure to mean something different to older watchers than to the target demographic... (snicker)

Other highlights:

- The swishy receptionist in Mr. Hench's office. How'd that get under Disney's radar?

- Hench making a pass at Kim: "Miss Possible...." *raises a predatory eyebrow as some... how we say, interesting music plays in the background* "...Kim...?"
    *Kim clearly gets his drift and her eyes narrow.* "Miss Possible."

(I didn't notice these things when I was younger, but now.... "How'd all this get in here?! Awesome! ")

- Ron not sounding all high-pitched and girly unless really called for

- Some amazing, richly-detailed and -colored animation

I don't know how much Chris Bailey had to do with it, but this show was running on all cylinders in most S1 episodes. I have to wonder what might've been if he'd stayed on into S2...

Other thingies of note: I just figured out why Drakken toppled to the ground when Shego got up from the desk after watching Drakken's "Henchman FAIL" home video. It'd always seemed very odd, but now that I go through that second frame-by-frame, I see that she used her feet to knock his hand off the table. You pick up new things every time!

I wonder who Dumtinger is?

Hehe, the KP theme song's playing in Henchco's lobby!

"...That's what I'm trying to do, you ah-NOYING LITTLE POSEUR!!"

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I searched the internet and - big surprise - found a site where people'd been scanning in all the "Disney Adventures" magazines.

The "Summer 2002" edition has Lilo and Stitch all over the cover; no mention of Kim. There's a comic for her on page 82, though (Just a single scanned page, unfortunately).

Surprisingly dark. As in "Mass starvation" dark.

(Drakken: I call it the Kim Jong Il approach!)

A description from the person who scanned them in:
    A four page Kim Possible comic, and this must be one around when the series debuted, considering the intro. A related story, somebody in my screenwriting class last semester compared one of my characters with Ron Stoppable, leading to a ten minute discussion on how hot of a cartoon character Kim was. This is what my college tuition is paying for, folks!
    EDIT: Just noticed that this was done recently - 6 days ago. The fandom..... she liiiiiiiiiives! :P

EDIT: I found the rest of that "Flower Power" comic: http://www.craigrousseau.com/kim-possible,47.html

Kinda odd how S4 wraps back around...

I like the "Star Trek" reference on page 3.
    Heh, I really wish there was dialogue for this one though.

http://www.craigrousseau.com/files/6...ween-color.jpg

I disliked Bonnie's hair color though.

Some random thoughts while watching "Ron the Man:"

I'm surprised how edgy of an undertone this episode has. First there's the whole question of manhood, which is sure to mean something different to older watchers than to the target demographic... (snicker)

Other highlights:

- The swishy receptionist in Mr. Hench's office. How'd that get under Disney's radar?

- Hench making a pass at Kim: "Miss Possible...." *raises a predatory eyebrow as some... how we say, interesting music plays in the background* "...Kim...?"
    *Kim clearly gets his drift and her eyes narrow.* "Miss Possible."

(I didn't notice these things when I was younger, but now.... "How'd all this in here?! Awesome! ")

- Ron not sounding all high-pitched and girly unless really called for

- Some amazing, richly-detailed and -colored animation

I don't know how much Chris Bailey had to do with it, but this show was running on all cylinders in most episodes. I have to wonder what might've been if he'd stayed on into S2...

Other thingies of note: I just figured out why Drakken toppled to the ground when Shego got up from the desk after watching Drakken's "Henchman FAIL" home video. It'd always seemed very odd, but now that I go through that second frame-by-frame, I see that she used her feet to knock his hand off the table. You pick up new things every time!

I wonder who Dumtinger is?

Hehe, the KP theme song's playing in Henchco's lobby!

"...That's what I'm trying to do, you ah-NOYING LITTLE POSEUR!!"

Ah yes, even when that episode came out, Hench always gave me the creeps with that particular line.

I missed Ron's voice from the first season. And yes, I still think the animation from those earliest episodes is beautiful, rich, and somewhat lacking later on.

Oh, she did knock his hand off the table? I always thought he was just... um, distracted when she went to stand up. Is it just me, or does Shego's face look a little odd though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park