How was your Day? Part 10 - Page 51
Global Justice Alliance

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: How was your Day? Part 10

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Yeah, repeat 18 hour days can't be doing you worlds of good. Any prospect for a vacation this coming year? One thing I'll say for my job is, while it can be stressful, the leave policy is generous.

I think I will plan the next one so that I spend more time recreating and less driving from point A to point B.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I found out last night that I got into Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University!
    Congratulations, 'chutes! Are you going to work towards getting a pilot's license while you're there? Because if you do, I suggest you join the Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Association as soon as you fly your first solo. I've been a member since 1986 (when I first soloed). Their membership dues are still only $39 a year, and it's money well spent. Here's a link to their website:
    http://www.aopa.org/
    Good luck at Embry-Riddle!
    Well, my snow thrower is now fixed.

Apparently, it was never assembled properly in the first place; the wheel was just staying on the axle by friction for all these 10 or 12 years that I've owned it. We found the metal pin that holds it on still in place on the wheel, with its retaining clip too. Very strange.
    Campy, I know just how you feel. We just had our snowblower fixed, too. At first the repair estimate had my mom considering just buying a new model, but after pricing them she realized it'd be cheaper to fix the old one. We just had to wait until the part we needed arrived at the shop. But we finally got it back on Saturday the 13th, just in time for the snowstorms we got last week.

As for my day:
    I finished my handmade ornaments last night; the last pieces were glued on and all that's left for me to do is personalize each one (write each person's name on them with gold ink) and pack them up in gift bags. I also finished my Christmas shopping yesterday.
    This morning, I went outside and shoveled the front walk and porches to our house (my brother already cleared the driveway with the blower), and cleaned off my car and ran it to warm it up. After lunch, I went on-line and added 60 more minutes to my cell phone account (bought a prepaid card at Walgreen's yesterday). Now I'm doing my laundry while chatting on-line here.