Comic Books and Graphic Novels - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Books and Graphic Novels

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I take it by now you've read the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Girl, right? I must say... that was quite the rollercoaster of a comic. The wait for the next issue is going to be rough...
    If you mean issue #23, yeah.... .......Can't wait. But I have to have my comics shipped to me from Dallas. So I get batches every three months, so I haven't seen beyond #23 at this point.
    Oh, shoot. My apologies. I was referring to #24. Didn't know about you getting them in bulk.
    No big.

Yeah, #23 itself was quite interesting. Much as he is on edge about the whole thing (and rightly so), you've got to feel bad for Peter. Norman Osborn just keeps messing with him, even in death.

Oh, yeah...............that's one nightmare of which Peter will probably never be able to rid himself. I'm just wondering when he finally will get his artificial leg working long enough (again) for one big battle side by side with his daughter, after which he will be retired again...............and will that girl EVER get her love life in order??.............sheesh!
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    My personal favorites remain Superman, KOTOR, and Supergirl!
    Wait, a Knights of the Old Republic comic? That series wouldn't happen to have any connections to the game of the same name would it?
    It's a prequel to the games, with references ranging everywhere from simple jabs to the appearence of an HK droid.

My ex-boyfriend got me into the series while we were together, and I was too hooked on the stories to give up on them post-relationship.

I just love Zayne Carrack too much! :P

Ah yes, I do so remember reading the individual issues back in 2000. Certainly took DC some time to release it in a collected format. But yes, Emperor Joker was quite the wild ride, especially when the fourth issue of the storyline actually revealed that it was Joker behind everything. That was quite the plot twist back... especially since it was the absolute last thing I was expecting in a Superman story.

I also have to hand it to Joe Kelly for his writing of that storyline's last issue. Especially in regards to how he wrote the Joker. That one moment between him and Harley was something else.

"But you see, Harl? I'm fixing everything. I'm leaving behind a clean, quiet universe. Where people like me... won't ever come into existence."
    Oh, I love that quote! It was such a powerful moment, and coming from The Joker, it really surprised me.

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Wait, a Knights of the Old Republic comic? That series wouldn't happen to have any connections to the game of the same name would it?
    It's a prequel to the games, with references ranging everywhere from simple jabs to the appearence of an HK droid.

My ex-boyfriend got me into the series while we were together, and I was too hooked on the stories to give up on them post-relationship.
    Ex-boyfriend? Did I miss something, or am I just imagining things like I always do?

Anywho, I've been think about getting into the KOTOR series myself, but the whole format of comics these days is a little discouraging - they just seem like two minute shorts, there's not enough time to tell a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody MacArthur Fett View Post

Ex-boyfriend? Did I miss something, or am I just imagining things like I always do?
    Darth_Comrade and I broke up about three months ago, toward the beginning of summer.

Anywho, I've been think about getting into the KOTOR series myself, but the whole format of comics these days is a little discouraging - they just seem like two minute shorts, there's not enough time to tell a story.
    Yeah, I agree there, but the shorter issues often allow them longer story arcs. Also, Dark Horse, the company that sells KOTOR, tends to make thier monthly comics longer than most, at least in comparsion to DC Comics.

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar

Darth_Comrade and I broke up about three months ago, toward the beginning of summer.
    Oh . . . frak. There's no right way to answer that is there?

Yeah, I agree there, but the shorter issues often allow them longer story arcs. Also, Dark Horse, the company that sells KOTOR, tends to make thier monthly comics longer than most, at least in comparsion to DC Comics.
    Or Archie Comics for that matter. OK then, I'll give them a shot, just as soon as I get the funds.

It's okay. I'm so over it, it's not even funny.

Or Archie Comics for that matter. OK then, I'll give them a shot, just as soon as I get the funds.
    Coolness! Hope you like 'em!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

It's okay. I'm so over it, it's not even funny.

Coolness! Hope you like 'em!
    It's been years since I read an Archie comic. Archie and Marvel did a very odd crossover back in 1994 by publishing a one-shot issue titled "Archie Meets the Punisher." Rather interesting concept - a grim, dramatic character like the Punisher in Riverdale, interacting with Archie Andrews and the gang while tracking a criminal kingpin who resembles Archie. Seeing the Punisher in the benign, cheery Archie "universe" lends the story an unreal quality; yet for some reason, I found the whole thing worked once I suspended my disbelief (probably because they played it "straight," and didn't go for too many laughs). I've got that issue somewhere, I know it - just don't remember where right now...

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    So, Rob, have you seen the new "Iron Man" movie yet? If so, how'd you like it?
    Completely missed this when it was posted, but hey, the movie's just out on DVD today, so it's kinda relevant again...

I enjoyed the movie enough that I saw it twice in as many days when it came out. And while I'm not immediately rushing out for the DVD, I'm definitely looking forward to getting it soon enough. (Hey, there's just a couple more months until Christmas and my birthday; I should show a little restraint!)

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Completely missed this when it was posted, but hey, the movie's just out on DVD today, so it's kinda relevant again...

I enjoyed the movie enough that I saw it twice in as many days when it came out. And while I'm not immediately rushing out for the DVD, I'm definitely looking forward to getting it soon enough. (Hey, there's just a couple more months until Christmas and my birthday; I should show a little restraint!)
    I couldn't wait. I stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home and bought the "Ultimate 2-Disc Edition." In fact, after watching the White Sox clinch the American League Central Division Championship tonight, I watched "Iron Man" for the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

I couldn't wait. I stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home and bought the "Ultimate 2-Disc Edition." In fact, after watching the White Sox clinch the American League Central Division Championship tonight, I watched "Iron Man" for the second time.

I'll probably check it out. I missed seeing it at the theatre, but my birthday is in eight days, so I'll probably wait until then.