Comic Books and Graphic Novels - Page 7
Global Justice Alliance

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Comic Books and Graphic Novels

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Interesting......Hard to say whether or not a sequel is in the works with these things, I think.
    Did you know that is really "Dr. James Possible" voicing the main character Detective Jim Corrigan? That is the main reason why I brought up that short.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hallofjustice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Interesting......Hard to say whether or not a sequel is in the works with these things, I think.
    Did you know that is really "Dr. James Possible" voicing the main character Detective Jim Corrigan? That is the main reason why I brought up that short.
    Oh, yes. I saw your reference immediately and undertood that was why you made the post. I was just remarking on the actual showcase itself.
    "Say the Word"

According to World's Finest, I've heard there's going to be an animated shorts series called "Super Best Friends Forever" which will feature Supergirl, Batgirl and Wondergirl. You'll have to wait till Spring 2012 for it to air on Cartoon Network.

Now, if only DC would actually start casting more of the "good, talented and underrated" Disney stars into their cartoons, it will actually be more enjoyable. Greg Weisman is currently the only person who has the courage to. He casted Jesse McCartney and Alyson Stoner into his show "Young Justice".

It would be good to see more of the Disney Voice Actor talent being used.
    "Say the Word"

According to World's Finest, I've heard there's going to be an animated shorts series called "Super Best Friends Forever" which will feature Supergirl, Batgirl and Wondergirl. You'll have to wait till Spring 2012 for it to air on Cartoon Network.

Now, if only DC would actually start casting more of the "good, talented and underrated" Disney stars into their cartoons, it will actually be more enjoyable. Greg Weisman is currently the only person who has the courage to. He casted Jesse McCartney and Alyson Stoner into his show "Young Justice".
    I'm sorry, I can't hear the phrase Super Best Friends without immediately picturing the SuperBestFriends from South Park.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....cLaD6JDV5bw%3D

I've found this nice looking fanart of Batgirl, if any Kim Possible fans are interested.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....cLaD6JDV5bw%3D

I've found this nice looking fanart of Batgirl, if any Kim Possible fans are interested.
    Looks like Barbara Gordon, Batgirl #2. I believe she was the lone redhead out of the four, plus the outfit seems more like the one she wore. Nice art, though.
    "Say the Word"

I heard some teenaged DC heroine called "Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld" (Seriously I never heard of her before.) will also be getting DC Nation shorts.

I heard some teenaged DC heroine called "Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld" (Seriously I never heard of her before.) will also be getting DC Nation shorts.
    Wow. I never thought I would hear of her again. Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld was a short lived comic book series which DC put out back in the 1970's. It only lasted about 12 or 15 issues before it was cancelled. I know because I liked the series and collected all of the issues before it was cancelled. I still have them in storage. The story centers on a young girl who is found to be the heir of one of the twelve gem kingdoms, the twelve gems being the gems associated with each of the months of the year. She becomes Princess Amethyst and there is an ongoing struggle, military and political, going on between her and the rulers of the other gem kingdoms. each gem has certain powers associated with it. I don't remember much more than that. But that's interesting that DC would dig that old storyline up for their DC nation shorts. They must be hurting for material, or just trying to save money.
    "Say the Word"

Yesterday I asked comic writer JM DeMatteis on his website this question: "Is there a specific voice actor who has never worked in a DC cartoon, but you would love to see them work in one? For me I would love to see Christy Carlson Romano work in a DC cartoon".

In return he says he would love to see William Shatner work in a DC cartoon.