General Discussion 5 - Page 51
Global Justice Alliance

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: General Discussion 5

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I had ZoneAlarm on my computer for a while, at the recommendation of my younger brother (who's our resident techno-geek). Unfortunately, it kept conflicting with my Norton antivirus, leaving my comouter vulnerable to virus attacks, so I uninstalled the ZoneAlarm and am now just using the Norton. I have no complaints whatsoever about the Norton software. It's working just fine.
    You had BOTH programs running at the same time? You can't do that with any anti-virus program. Any two such antivirus programs will see each other as a threat and react to it, causing no end of problems to your machine. If you had unloaded Norton before loading ZoneAlarm, it would have worked fine.
    I thought ZoneAlarm was a firewall program? Or have they bundled an AV into it since I stopped using it?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I thought ZoneAlarm was a firewall program? Or have they bundled an AV into it since I stopped using it?
    ZoneAlarm is a full antivirus suite with firewall, antivirus, anti-spam, etc. I've used it now for close to a year. It's done very well by me.
    "Say the Word"