Interesting info about Interactive Disney Maps
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting info about Interactive Disney Maps

Registered User Newbie

Interesting info about Interactive Disney Maps

I was searching for any current info on the Kim Possible Attraction and came across this at http://www.wdwmagic.com/around.htm

9 January 2008: Disney looking at using Nintendo DS systems as an interactive guide map?

Over the past few days Imagineering have apparently been testing out some interesting new technology to help guests during their days in the parks. Remember back in the summer of 2006 when Disney were trialling a Kim Possible "Kimmunicator" game using custom PDAs (see the update here - 15 August 2006)? Well it seems now that Disney are looking once again at giving guests an electronic assistant as they visit the parks. This time however, it seems that Disney are looking at allowing guests to use a Nintendo DS as the hardware for the system. Disney are not strangers to using DS systems within parks. Back in the summer of 2007 Disney had a program where guests could bring in their DS to access customised content from Pirates of the Caribbean in the Magic Kingdom. With this new system however, the DS would serve as your interactive guide map. For example, you can click on the individual lands in the park and see instantly all the wait times. Let's use Liberty Square as an example. When you click on Liberty Square it will bring the land into full view. You can click on the Haunted Mansion and instantly see that it's wait time is twenty minutes. Click on the Liberty Tree Tavern and you can get a summary of their menu. It doesn't take much imagination to realise this would be a wonderful system for guests. If all goes well, it is expected that a limited guest trial may be underway within the next few months. As always, this is speculation, and may be subject to change.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Thanks for the info, bttf4ever. I guess we'll see if it happens.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I only wish I could have gone to Disney World, and gotten a chance to play-test that KP interactive game. It sounded like it was fun, especially since the KP Krew produced new, original animation of Kim, Ron, and Drakken as part of the game.
    *Sigh* Man, the things you miss out on for lack of funds....

Registered User Newbie

More recent news on KP game

More info on the interactive game from http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s....php?p=1720185

Mission: Possible?

8/12/08 The Walt Disney World resort has confirmed that the "interactive game" being installed around World showcase will be for a permanent offering of the previously tested Kim Possible Interactive Game. The Walt Disney World resort has internally announced the following:
    Quote:
    Epcot continues to be a source of innovation: a Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure game under development will have Guests using portable electronic devices such as mobile phones to access interactive features hidden throughout the park.

5/13/08 Construction walls have appeared in several locations around World Showcase that have been cited in construction permits to install "Interactive Distribution Carts". The permits listed the Italy pavilion, Norway pavilion and International Gateway area as sites of installation. These construction areas are the first overt sign of work being done to prepare the launch of this yet-to-be-defined interactive game.

4/30/08 Further vague permits for what appear to be interactive elements have been filed for locations around World Showcase lending to further semi-educated speculation that the Kim Possible themed Team Possible interactive game will soon be launched on a full scale. Additionally, there have been several Guest reports citing that elements from the trial run of the game have been reinstalled around World Showcase in their non-interactive state. With the Summer Season approaching, it is being speculated that this yet to be defined interactive game will likely be launched with in the coming month.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Kimmy's still representin'! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Perhaps if this new attraction turns out to be extraordinarily popular, Disney's powers-that-be might have to rethink the Kim Equation....
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Kimmy's still representin'! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Perhaps if this new attraction turns out to be extraordinarily popular, Disney's powers-that-be might have to rethink the Kim Equation....
    One can only hope....
    I'm just glad they're making this interactive KP game a permanent feature, especially in light of my last post.

Registered User Newbie

And yet more interesting news, interesting title view

And this one seems even more recent than the last 2 pages.

http://www.wdwnewstoday.com/2008/08/...e-coming-back/

Here's a similar article posted about it on FF.net:

link

I think it's pretty much the same as btt's article, but it's easier to read.

From the article:
    A worldwide hit for kids and families, Disney's "Kim Possible" is an Emmy Award-winning animated series from creators/executive producers Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle.......

.....Viewers' connection to "Kim Possible" led to a successful off-TV franchise for The Walt Disney Company including Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable characters at Disney Parks & Resorts, DVDs, books, video games and Disney Consumer Product's line of "Kim Possible" branded products available at mass retailers nationwide.
    I don't know about you, but this makes me want to scream...
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

link

From the article:
    A worldwide hit for kids and families, Disney's "Kim Possible" is an Emmy Award-winning animated series from creators/executive producers Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle.......

.....Viewers' connection to "Kim Possible" led to a successful off-TV franchise for The Walt Disney Company including Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable characters at Disney Parks & Resorts, DVDs, books, video games and Disney Consumer Product's line of "Kim Possible" branded products available at mass retailers nationwide.
    You mean about the fact they they're not producing any more new episodes, or that the merchandise is pretty much gone from the store shelves now?

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

link

From the article:

You mean about the fact they they're not producing any more new episodes, or that the merchandise is pretty much gone from the store shelves now?
    It's the fact that Disney is touting it as though they made some kind of epic Hanna Montana merchandising push about it, but we all know that they did almost nothing.