What are you listening to? Track 3 - Page 23
Global Justice Alliance

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? Track 3

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    March, "The Rifle Regiment," by John Philip Sousa.

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    "Enter the Shogun Executioner" by James Hannigan, from the RA3 soundtrakc. Most unbalanced RTS unit ever.

Next up is the Normandy background music from Mass Effect - it's zillaphonerarific!

Symphonic Scenario from Victory at Sea by Richard Rodgers just came around in my iTunes rotation.

An appropriate selection for 7 December, I'd say.

Col. John R. Bourgeois leads the United States Marine Band from their Uncommon Valor CD.

An instrumental version of "Amazing Grace" played on bagpipes. Always gets me man.

EDIT: President Roosevelt's "Day of Infamy" speech. It's very interesting, especially since since the President is basically coming out and saying that we'd be totally justified in completely exterminating our enemies, and indeed that'd it'd be the right thing to do. You'd never see an American politician having the chutzpah to say that today.

Now it's "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition".

Overture to Ruddigore by Sir Arthur Sullivan.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody MacArthur Fett View Post
    An instrumental version of "Amazing Grace" played on bagpipes. Always gets me man.

EDIT: President Roosevelt's "Day of Infamy" speech. It's very interesting, especially since since the President is basically coming out and saying that we'd be totally justified in completely exterminating our enemies, and indeed that'd it'd be the right thing to do. You'd never see an American politician having the chutzpah to say that today.

Now it's "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition".
    Not exactly true, Cody. President Roosevelt called for going to Absolute Victory, which is to say unconditional surrender. It does not mean to completely exterminate the enemy, which would have been condemned then as much as it would be today. Saying such a thing then or now would not be "chutzpah" but very evil, actually. Nobody condones genocide or extermination of an entire nation like that.

OT: Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Chinese pianist Lang Lang with the London Symphony Orchestra (didn't get the conductor). I used to play the first two movements of this one, myself............... a very long time ago............:P
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Not exactly true, Cody. President Roosevelt called for going to Absolute Victory, which is to say unconditional surrender. It does not mean to completely exterminate the enemy, which would have been condemned then as much as it would be today. Saying such a thing then or now would not be "chutzpah" but very evil, actually. Nobody condones genocide or extermination of an entire nation like that.
    Perhaps CMF is reading something that wasn't intended into FDR's promise to "... make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again."

The demilitarization and changes in the Japanese culture that occurred under Gen. MacArthur's occupation are probably more what Mr. Roosevelt had in mind.

OT: Liberty Fanfare by John Williams.

"Never Turn Back" from Shadow the Hedgehog, not sure who sings it though . . . Ah! Julian-K! That's who!

Fugue in C by Charles Ives, performed by the US Marine Band.

Coffee's For Closers by Fall Out Boy, from their latest album, Folie Deux.

The band was cool enough to post the entire thing on their MySpace four days before the offical release, so I'm checking it out.