What college courses would Kim and Ron take?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What college courses would Kim and Ron take?

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

What college courses would Kim and Ron take?

As I was driving home from the store this afternoon, I found myself thinking about the fact that school's now in session. Since the events in "Graduation" took place in 2007 (as indicated by the covers of their yearbooks), that means this fall Kim and Ron would be starting their sophomore year in college. What I'm wondering is: what courses would Kim and Ron study there? I know Kim expressed an interest in a career in international diplomacy ("Job Unfair"), so I figure she'd take courses relevant to that field, but what else would she study? And what courses would Ron take? I personally think he'd take whatever courses in the culinary arts he could, given his prowess in cooking as demonstrated in "Two to Tutor."
    Any other ideas? Let's discuss it.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    As I was driving home from the store this afternoon, I found myself thinking about the fact that school's now in session. Since the events in "Graduation" took place in 2007 (as indicated by the covers of their yearbooks), that means this fall Kim and Ron would be starting their sophomore year in college. What I'm wondering is: what courses would Kim and Ron study there? I know Kim expressed an interest in a career in international diplomacy ("Job Unfair"), so I figure she'd take courses relevant to that field, but what else would she study? And what courses would Ron take? I personally think he'd take whatever courses in the culinary arts he could, given his prowess in cooking as demonstrated in "Two to Tutor."
    Any other ideas? Let's discuss it.
    Kim would probably want to take more foreign languages. (It's easier to help people if you can talk to them.) Besides that, I can see her trying to take a wide variety of courses so she learns something about almost everything.

Ron ... I'd have to think about that.

I see Kim taking a classic liberal arts curriculum.

Ron? Well, let's just say I hope he can get into the underwater basket weaving class with the rest of the jocks!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Now, everybody gets down on Ron not exactly being the best learner in school, but I am absolutely convined that it is only a matter of what really would interest him. Once he finds something he would be ionterested in, I think he really would go for it. As far as Ron would be concerned then..........................Accounting.......... ...

Yeah, yeah.....I know.....but I really think it's a possibility with him that he would go all eclectic on something like that. It doesn't involved algebra or the higher math skills, and remember how well he dove into all the number crunching in "Odds Man In".
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Now, everybody gets down on Ron not exactly being the best learner in school, but I am absolutely convinced that it is only a matter of what really would interest him. Once he finds something he would be interested in, I think he really would go for it. As far as Ron would be concerned then..........................Accounting.............

Yeah, yeah.....I know.....but I really think it's a possibility with him that he would go all eclectic on something like that. It doesn't involved algebra or the higher math skills, and remember how well he dove into all the number crunching in "Odds Man In".
    That's true; he certainly seemed to do well at figuring the odds. So there's another possible (no pun intended) course for Ron. How about something related to the retail industry? He's done so well at Smarty-Mart that he was in the running for "Employee of the Month" once ("Fashion Victim"), and he certainly enjoyed working there. In fact, Kim called Ron Smarty-Mart's most loyal employee - "ridiculously so," as she put it in "Mentor of Our Discontent." And since many colleges are now offering courses in merchandising and retail, he has a chance to actually earn a degree in that field (or the others already named here).

I could see Ron studying something to do with business and marketing, based on his work at Smarty Mart and also how he invented the Naco. He could also become a chef...

Kim, I could see taking a bunch of classes before deciding on which area she'd want to study. She could do good as a diplomat or something else...saving the world so much, she might also study a bit of law (though not necessarily make that her focus of study).
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    I could see Ron studying something to do with business and marketing, based on his work at Smarty Mart and also how he invented the Naco. He could also become a chef...

Kim, I could see taking a bunch of classes before deciding on which area she'd want to study. She could do good as a diplomat or something else...saving the world so much, she might also study a bit of law (though not necessarily make that her focus of study).
    You mean, as in law enforcement, or studying to be an attorney?
    I personally think she'd be more inclined to study law enforcement myself. Kim's more interested in putting the bad guys away than getting them off the hook.
    If not law enforcement as a way to "save the world," then perhaps she could study to be a paramedic; or part of a pararescue team, like the one they have in Yosemite National Park.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Non-linear methods?????????????
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Since Ron was disappointed to learn Latin wasn't going to cover J-Lo and salsa dancing, maybe he'd check out the Latino studies department in college. Who knows what he could find.

As campy pointed out earlier:
    Kim would probably want to take more foreign languages. (It's easier to help people if you can talk to them.)
    (That was in response to my suggesting she study to be a diplomat.)
    She did tell Will Du she was studying French upon meeting him in "Number One," so maybe that'll be one of the language courses she'll take in college.