Podcast about KP Attraction
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcast about KP Attraction

Registered User Newbie

Podcast about KP Attraction

There is a podcast that is about 40 some minutes long, the first 2/3 of which is all about the Kim Possible World Showcase Attraction interview. It gives a lot of details about the attraction and what it is like and about the Kimmunicators.

The link to the page is here:
    http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=pc081016pc

from there you can listen directly and/or download the show broadcast.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Multiple teams can be out and about in the same pavilion at once because there are multiple interactive events. The software running the game can balance the load between teams. There are dozens of possible combinations so each game is different each time. The software can also make things easier for teams that are struggling with the puzzles.
    Whoa.

The Field Stations are themed so that they don't stand out – no Kim characters or other things that are obvious...
    Awww.

There are missions at seven pavilions, with four more available in case there's a need to expand capacity (Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, France and United Kingdom - Italy, the American Adventure, Morocco and Canada are not yet involved).

....he has heard that this system will be at the heart of a planned fifth park.
    "Expand capacity..." Shweet.

An entire park devoted to KP? Awesome! :P
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

An entire park devoted to KP? Awesome!
    Not to rain on this group's parade, but the new park has to be devoted towards interactive adventure, not our favorite heroine. That disappointment notwithstanding, the attraction looks fantastic. Much more involved than the test system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ncnu View Post
    An entire park devoted to KP? Awesome!
    Not to rain on this group's parade, but the new park has to be devoted towards interactive adventure, not our favorite heroine.
    Aw. Well, I figured that, hence the ":P".
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

That's pretty cool. Now I really want to go. I might listen to the podcast now that I've got time...

I hope they involve Canada and the U.S. soon. :P
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    All the more reason for me to get down there some day.
    - Well, that and the Kennedy Space Center....

Registered User Full Member KimforHim's Avatar

Kim lives! At least as an amusement park attraction...

Two observations about the realization of this project...

1) Even though those "Kimmunicators" are not live cell phones, and the participants no longer have to post a refundable deposit for taking the item for the interactive fun, did anyone at Disney think that these units make interesting souvenir paperweights?! I have a funny feeling that some folks will "forget" to turn them in, and pocket them as a freebie Disney momento! Hopefully not, but if so, it may taint the attraction and cause Disney hierarchy pause for thought in expanding (or even continuing!) the attraction.

2) Disney's viewpoint of the Kim Possible phenomena (when their true views are evident, which even at the apex of the show's popularity was hard to discern) never ceases to amaze me! Here we have a show that's been relegated to the early hours of the morning (to serve what demagraphic - the rabid nigh****chman crowd!? Jazz musicians coming home from late night gigs?) on their prime channel, and shown sporactically in "mini-marathons" on Toon Disney, while being swamped by the tween-pandering shows that are built for the sole purpose of developing pop stars.I n the midst of all this apparent effort to assign our favorite show to obscurity, they come up with this advanced featured game at their park that features a show that you can only see if you're sleep challenged or home bound (remember, KP is not aimed at the pre-school set, due to the "fight violence")! Now I don't think that the "Fight for Five" effort holds much sway with the Disney bosses these days, but clearly they have not given up completely on this show! Someone thought it was worthwhile to set up this interactive tour of the park with our favorite cheerleader, instead of bending it into another HSM promo or a Suite Life adoration fest for the twins on that show! Something to think about..

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimforHim View Post
    Two observations about the realization of this project...

1) Even though those "Kimmunicators" are not live cell phones, and the participants no longer have to post a refundable deposit for taking the item for the interactive fun, did anyone at Disney think that these units make interesting souvenir paperweights?! I have a funny feeling that some folks will "forget" to turn them in, and pocket them as a freebie Disney memento! Hopefully not, but if so, it may taint the attraction and cause Disney hierarchy pause for thought in expanding (or even continuing!) the attraction.

2) Disney's viewpoint of the Kim Possible phenomena (when their true views are evident, which even at the apex of the show's popularity was hard to discern) never ceases to amaze me! Here we have a show that's been relegated to the early hours of the morning (to serve what demographic - the rabid nigh****chman crowd!? Jazz musicians coming home from late night gigs?) on their prime channel, and shown sporactically in "mini-marathons" on Toon Disney, while being swamped by the tween-pandering shows that are built for the sole purpose of developing pop stars.I n the midst of all this apparent effort to assign our favorite show to obscurity, they come up with this advanced featured game at their park that features a show that you can only see if you're sleep challenged or home bound (remember, KP is not aimed at the pre-school set, due to the "fight violence")! Now I don't think that the "Fight for Five" effort holds much sway with the Disney bosses these days, but clearly they have not given up completely on this show! Someone thought it was worthwhile to set up this interactive tour of the park with our favorite cheerleader, instead of bending it into another HSM promo or a Suite Life adoration fest for the twins on that show! Something to think about..
    Try spelling the highlighted word this way: "night-watchman." See how that works with the Autocensor. (EDIT: It works! )
    As for your assessment of the attraction, you've made some good points - especially about the potential for folks stealing the "Kimmunicators" after playing the game. Perhaps the units will be produced in such quantity, and at such a low cost, that Disney'd be willing to write a few stolen units off as part of the risk of running the attraction.
    And I agree with your last three sentences. I, too, am heartened by Disney's creating this attraction. This, and having live actors portray the characters at Disney World, shows that the Disney hierarchy has given Kim Possible a legitimate place in the pantheon of Disney characters.

Quote Originally Posted by KimforHim View Post
    In the midst of all this apparent effort to assign our favorite show to obscurity, they come up with this advanced featured game at their park that features a show that you can only see if you're sleep challenged or home bound.... Someone thought it was worthwhile to set up this interactive tour of the park with our favorite cheerleader, instead of bending it into another HSM promo or a Suite Life adoration fest...
    Perhaps they're banking on 'the long tail'?