What Reminds You of KP? #7 - Page 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What Reminds You of KP? #7

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I cannot believe there is actually a product out there with that name. As Kim would say, that is...so gross.
    Yeah, that item seems to be even more disturbingly-named than this one...

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Here comes the magma....... MuWAHAHAHAHA! :P
    Uh-huh......Where is the Magmachine when we need it?............:P

That story looks pretty cool, actually. I used to have a fascination for that kind of stuff, back in my school days. I kinda lost interest as I got older, but this kind of thing gets my attention. Plus, my 10-year-old nephew's taken an interest in geology of late, so I know he'd be interested as well.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    They've been running radio ads from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency recently, urging us to put together emergency preparedness kits (like supplies gathered for a power failure, or tornado strike; that kind of thing). One of the ads has a husband and wife discussing their kit which Hubby's just finished making. He proudly says, "Now I'm ready for anything!"
    Wife asks, "Including a spider on you?"
    Hubby: "Spider - on me? AAAAH! SPIDER! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!!"
    Wife: "Oops - it's just a fuzzy (piece of lint)..."
    The first time I heard it, I thought of Ron freaking out over spiders on him in "Roachie"....

The other day at work, I overheard one of the guys from the warehouse talking about one of his coworkers out there. He kept referring to that person as "KP." (Although I'm pretty sure this "KP" was a guy...)
    Yesterday I saw a license plate that read "TEAL 94." Right away I thought about Mrs. Dr. P's "Animology" critter, the "teal cat."
    Imagine...a cat whose color is equal parts blue and green....
    EDIT: Just today I learned that NASA is preparing to ship their new space probe, named "Kepler," from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, CA to Cape Canaveral for launching into space. Unlike Mr. Dr. P.'s vehicle, this "Kepler" will be unmanned. Its purpose is described in this quote from the official NASA website:
    Kepler will monitor more than 100,000 stars for signatures of planets of various sizes and orbital distances. It has the ability to locate rocky planets like Earth, including those that lie in a star's "habitable zone," a region where liquid water, and perhaps life, could exist. If these Earth-size worlds do exist around stars like our sun, Kepler is expected to be the first to find them, and the first to measure their frequency.
    Somehow, I don't think Motor Ed will be stealing this "Kepler" to trick out as a roadster any time soon.... :P

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Clue 66 Down in today's Wall Street Journal crossword puzzle reads "Small cave." Answer: GROTTO (I always hated that word.)

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    "Rufus.... quit climbing up my leg!"

Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Having seen the movie "Bolt" recently, two things reminded me of our favorite redheaded cheerleader and her show:
    1. Bolt's got white fur, and some wolflife facial features. It made me wonder if he's a Lithuanian wolf-hound, like Falsetto's dogs in "Rufus in Show."
    2. At the end, when the show producers go with the pigeons' "alien abduction" idea, which Rhino thinks is "unrealistic," it made me wonder whether said alien thing was a reference to Kim's abduction by aliens in "Graduation" and/or the criticism of said finale.

The other day at work, we mailed an invoice out to a customer named "Lamar." The name reminded me of the movie theater ticket-taker in "Grudge Match" whom Ron despised because the guy had wet, clammy hands.

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    2. At the end, when the show producers go with the pigeons' "alien abduction" idea, which Rhino thinks is "unrealistic," it made me wonder whether said alien thing was a reference to Kim's abduction by aliens in "Graduation" and/or the criticism of said finale.
    Well, an alien invasion is, by its very nature, fairly unrealistic. It's possible they are making a dig, but I think the chances are very slim.

-----

I saw this Judge Parker strip in the paper yesterday:

Oh snap! Adrena Lynn's got a gun! :P
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    On the way home a few days ago, I got stuck behind a monster truck with a license plate, 'HENCH 4'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    I passed by a place today with a sign out front advertising "Psychic Readings." I don't know if you can get a kelp wrap at the same time.