What Reminds You of KP? #7 - Page 30
Global Justice Alliance

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: What Reminds You of KP? #7

Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar

Fish

Last night I came home to find fish in the streets of neighborhood. Nobody had an explanation for this very strange situation. As I pondered our piscatorial predicament, I thought of Shego's question in Job Unfair: "where do the fish go?" Now I think I know ...

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDrP View Post
    Last night I came home to find fish in the streets of neighborhood. Nobody had an explanation for this very strange situation. As I pondered our piscatorial predicament, I thought of Shego's question in Job Unfair: "where do the fish go?" Now I think I know ...

"Ha! Look, fish!"

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    I finally got around to solving last Sunday's NY Times crossword. The title of the puzzle is Perpetual Motion, and it's a tribute to a symbol introduced to the world by English mathematician John Wallis (1616–1703) — the sideways eight infinity thingie!

(I hope the moderator will excuse my double post. )

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Gosh, I've missed this place.

Let's see:

In my book, Death in the Grand Canyon, Chapter 4: The Killer Colorado, an Aparicio Gil drowned on April 8, 1977 while ignoring warning signs and trying to swim across at the foot of Bright Angel Trail/head of Pipe Creek Rapid in a near record low flow of 11,500 cfs. He was swept downstream and drowned.

Also, last week I was at the mall, window-shopping for some nice tees (I didn't find any in my price range btw), when some girl, clinging to her mother's hand and about seven years old, pointed past me and said semi-loudly, "It's Kim Possible!" I'll confess I immediately spun around to face the direction she pointed, and then... I got tackled by about 55 pounds of hyper seven year old who wanted my autograph. Her mom came and grabbed her and apologized for her. I guess I could understand the girl's mistake a bit; I was wearing my cargoes (very useful for carrying my wallet, phone, and all without looking bulky), a black shirt that said in emerald green lettering 'Think Green', and I had recently cut my hair (by myself, yay). It looked a bit more like Coraline off of Moonlight to me, but with red hair, I guess it could work for Kim Possible. Still, very amusing, especially when the little girl asked me when I started borrowing shirts from Shego.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Good heavens, wherever did you spring from? Is this a sign of the impending appocalypse??

Seriously, good to see you back, hope you can drop in more often.

It's somewhat comforting that KP still has recognition amongst her target audience.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ian Combat View Post
    I'll confess I immediately spun around to face the direction she pointed, and then... I got tackled by about 55 pounds of hyper seven year old who wanted my autograph. Her mom came and grabbed her and apologized for her. I guess I could understand the girl's mistake a bit; I was wearing my cargoes (very useful for carrying my wallet, phone, and all without looking bulky), a black shirt that said in emerald green lettering 'Think Green', and I had recently cut my hair (by myself, yay). It looked a bit more like Coraline off of Moonlight to me, but with red hair, I guess it could work for Kim Possible. Still, very amusing, especially when the little girl asked me when I started borrowing shirts from Shego.
    Well, that just made my D'aaawwwwwwwwwwww! moment for the week.

Last week I was at the mall, window-shopping for some nice tees (I didn't find any in my price range btw), when some girl, clinging to her mother's hand and about seven years old, pointed at me and said semi-loudly, "It's Kim Possible!"

Welcome back, AIC!
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Good heavens, wherever did you spring from? Is this a sign of the impending appocalypse??

Seriously, good to see you back, hope you can drop in more often.

It's somewhat comforting that KP still has recognition amongst her target audience.
    *Looks around for Warlordian ship* Nope, just me in this invading force.

And I'm so glad to be back. I was really glad to see KP still being recognized, when I thought the youngest fans were now entering upper teens. She's still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I'll confess I immediately spun around to face the direction she pointed, and then... I got tackled by about 55 pounds of hyper seven year old who wanted my autograph. Her mom came and grabbed her and apologized for her. I guess I could understand the girl's mistake a bit; I was wearing my cargoes (very useful for carrying my wallet, phone, and all without looking bulky), a black shirt that said in emerald green lettering 'Think Green', and I had recently cut my hair (by myself, yay). It looked a bit more like Coraline off of Moonlight to me, but with red hair, I guess it could work for Kim Possible. Still, very amusing, especially when the little girl asked me when I started borrowing shirts from Shego.
    Well, that just made my D'aaawwwwwwwwwwww! moment for the week.

Last week I was at the mall, window-shopping for some nice tees (I didn't find any in my price range btw), when some girl, clinging to her mother's hand and about seven years old, pointed at me and said semi-loudly, "It's Kim Possible!"

Welcome back, AIC!
    Very glad to be back. And yes, it was so cute that just writing it down I nearly forgot - when the mom apologized, I replied "No big", which sent the little girl into shrieking giggle fits. It really did make my week and possibly my month. Nothing is more satisfying than being looked up to that much, even if it's a case of mistaken identity.

BTW, I found my old Disney Adventures copy that introduces Kim Possible - the one that came out right before Disney aired it. I'm hoping to scan it tomorrow and then post it in the General KP thread within the next few days. It's got some really funny stuff, at least in retrospect since we now know the characters a bit more. Gosh, it's been so long I've forgotten how to do spoilers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Very glad to be back. And yes, it was so cute that just writing it down I nearly forgot - when the mom apologized, I replied "No big", which sent the little girl into shrieking giggle fits. It really did make my week and possibly my month. Nothing is more satisfying than being looked up to that much, even if it's a case of mistaken identity.

BTW, I found my old Disney Adventures copy that introduces Kim Possible - the one that came out right before Disney aired it. I'm hoping to scan it tomorrow and then post it in the General KP thread within the next few days. It's got some really funny stuff, at least in retrospect since we now know the characters a bit more. Gosh, it's been so long I've forgotten how to do spoilers!
    "chutes is right. That little girl made all of our days, mine included. It really is so good to see that KP is still known among the children. And on that old Disney Adventures copy, let me have a good copy of it, I can get it into the Main Page archives, probably in the miscellaneous section.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post

"chutes is right. That little girl made all of our days, mine included. It really is so good to see that KP is still lknown among the children. And on that old Disney Adventures copy, let me have a good copy of it, I can get it into the Main Page archives, probably in the miscellaneous section.
    It should be easy to get a good scan off of it. The book opens out really easily and lays almost completely flat. With a little pressure on it, I should get a pretty nice scan. I can PM you the pics after I get through with it as well as put them up in the General KP thread if you like.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot, the dream I had last night. Kinda silly, but I'll take it over the other dreams I've been having. I'm pulling up to a stop sign and I press on my brakes and nothing happens, so rather than barrel out onto the busy highway, I run over the stop sign. Somehow it slows me down and then I see the highway patrol. However, he goes right by me, chasing... Shego. The second one sees me though, and I end up having to fill out two hours worth of forms detailing what happened and why. So I'm late to school and get laughed at 'cause everyone knows why. But I kept thinking it was worth it to see Shego running down the median of the highway.

Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar

Recognizing Kim

Ace Ian Combat's story about kids still recognizing Kim reminded me of something that happened last fall.

Each year I serve as an adviser in a program for sophomores at the independent school where my wife and I live. We began our first meeting with an ice-breaker in which each person tells the group three things about him or herself, two of which are true, one of which is not, and everyone needs to guess which are the true ones. One I offered was, "I had lunch with the creators of Kim Possible," which the kids thought was really cool when they learned it was true. These teens were in Kim Possible's target demographic when it debuted and still thought highly of the show. (They also thought it was pretty neat when I drew pictures of Kim and Ron and asked if I was an animator! )

Finally, bringing this post back full circle, nice to hear from you AIC!