What Reminds You of KP? #7 - Page 12
Global Justice Alliance

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 501

Thread: What Reminds You of KP? #7

  1. #111
    Registered User Regular Member Sir Sebastian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    186
    When you have Singstar, every night is Karaoke Night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #112
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sebastian View Post
    When you have Singstar, every night is Karaoke Night.
    Just don't invite Drakken over....

  3. #113
    Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    10,097
    I don't do karaoke, but when I'm listening to my iPod I conduct the orchestra like so:


    I never noticed this before, but the animators of "Hidden Talent" made a huge goof here. The conductor's supposed to be facing the stage, so he can see what's going on and respond as necessary.


  4. #114
    Registered User Regular Member Sir Sebastian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sebastian View Post
    When you have Singstar, every night is Karaoke Night.
    Just don't invite Drakken over....
    Not after the last time. The guy kept hogging the mike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #115
    Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    10,097
    Tonight, it's the movie I'm watching on TCM. Why? Three reasons.
    1. There's a red-haired teenage girl named Kim.
    2. Her ten-year-old brother (only one, unfortunately) shoots off rockets in the yard.
    3. Her father has an extremely low opinion of show folk (except for Ed Sullivan).

  6. #116
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,773
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I don't do karaoke, but when I'm listening to my iPod I conduct the orchestra like so:


    I never noticed this before, but the animators of "Hidden Talent" made a huge goof here. The conductor's supposed to be facing the stage, so he can see what's going on and respond as necessary.

    So the only time he faces the orchestra is when there's no one on stage but the orchestra? Interesting - I never knew that...
    Thanks for the factoid, campy!

  7. #117
    Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    10,097
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    So the only time he faces the orchestra is when there's no one on stage but the orchestra? Interesting - I never knew that...
    Thanks for the factoid, campy!
    Well, not quite. He'd have the orchestra right in front of him and the stage beyond. He's got to be able to see everything that's going on.

  8. #118
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,773
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    So the only time he faces the orchestra is when there's no one on stage but the orchestra? Interesting - I never knew that...
    Thanks for the factoid, campy!
    Well, not quite. He'd have the orchestra right in front of him and the stage beyond. He's got to be able to see everything that's going on.
    Oh, OK; now I see...I got confused there. Thanks for straightening me out on that.

  9. #119
    Registered User Full Member KimforHim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    83

    Icefishing on the Hudson for Commercial Aircraft

    As some of you may know, I head up a government team of haz-mat responders in NYC. We responded out to the Flight 1549 plane crash event in the Hudson River, and I was the lead environmental person on scene. As I was racing to a meeting, lights and sirens going full blast on my Ford Crown Vic to get through the usual City traffic, I couldn't help but think:

    "So the Drama!"

    :P

  10. #120
    Registered User Regular Member Jaksun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by KimforHim View Post
    As some of you may know, I head up a government team of haz-mat responders in NYC. We responded out to the Flight 1549 plane crash event in the Hudson River, and I was the lead environmental person on scene. As I was racing to a meeting, lights and sirens going full blast on my Ford Crown Vic to get through the usual City traffic, I couldn't help but think:

    "So the Drama!"

    :P
    Wow your adrenaline must have been pumping full force huh? Glad to see you still use KP terms :P.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •