Web Comics
Global Justice Alliance

Thread: Web Comics

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar

Web Comics

Well, I was going to initiate this big long speech, but then I couldn't find the time. So, instead, I'll just lay out the premise.

This is a thread to discuss web comics: those delightful little strips that can be found throughout the net. They make us laugh, they make us cry, they make us do things with our bodies that we didn't think were possible for the human body to preform . . . OK, hopefully not that, but you get my drift.

Anywho, feel free to discuss anything you want to discuss about web comics on this thread, from your favorites, to the latest strips, to preferred art styles. If you want to talk to talk about non-corporeal data-based comics in any way, do it here.

And in that spirit, here's some of my favorites.

http://get-medieval.livejournal.com/

Oy, I never realized this, but there appears to be a distinct pattern in my favorites - not that I mind, mind you. :P

I like VG Cats though be forewarned there's occasional profanity, and the subject matter may also infrequently be offensive to some.

Mostly, though, it makes jokes about various video games, consoles, and pop culture. A while ago there was a couple strips on Metal Gear Solid, which I found hilarious even though I've never played the game.
    Why is everyone who drives slower than me an idiot, and everyone who drives faster a maniac?

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Day by Day is one I look at daily.

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Well, been a while, so I think I'll update this little database with a few more webcomics that I've "discovered".

Water Tribe

(It's like Calvin & Hobbes, only with more woodland creatures. )

Head Trip

Powerpuff Girls D

Lackadaisy (It's Cats Don't Dance meets Al Capone.)

(OK, seriously? Two historical comics starring cats in a row? What with humanity anyways?)

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja (Seriously, you haven't heard about this yet? It's the most awesome webcomic out there!)

Special mention also has to be given to Norm & Cory, for being one of the best webcomics out there. Even if it no longer updates.

Sandra and Woo looks awesome, I just read one strip and I am loving it. Thanks for the find, Cody MacArthur Fett.

One of my favorite webcomics is Girls Next Door (no relation to the TV show, mind you) by *Pika-la-Cynique. It happens to be a fan-fan-comic, or a spin-off of another fan-comic, and the basic premise is Chirstine and Sarah (from the "Phantom of the Opera" and "Labyrinth", respectively) lving together, in a building inhabited a bunch of movie, book and comic characters. They seem to have run out of luck, as their stalkers/antagonistic loves live in the same building. It is madly hilarious and filled with movie references that will make your inner geek squeal. Also, it doesn't hurt that the Pika-la-Cynique is an awesome artist. Here's the link to the first page: http://pika-la-cynique.deviantart.co...tions-73082145

I'm also a big fan of PhD: Pilled Higher and Deeper, even though I am not a grad student (and I am not planning on it). It is basically the lives of a bunch of grad-students doing what grad-students do, that is being overworked and underpayed.

Well, I am off to keep reading Sandra and Woo :P

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Day by Day is one I look at daily.

I catch that one pretty regularly, too. A couple of others I enjoy, that persue less serious topics are ZAP! and, somewhat more risque, Angles 2200.

PhD does offer a pretty good insight into grad student culture (though my advisors were always a lot more pleasant than the one in the strip, then again that may be a natural sciences thing, we tend to end up drinking beer together pretty regularly).
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”