Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody MacArthur Fett View Post
    I love Avatar! And it's the first cartoon my mother would truly watch with me and my sister.

But since when has Avatar been controversial? I mean, aside from the choice of director for the live-action movie...
    Why is Avatar controversial? One word: Zutara. :P
    Heh. If that's the case, then KP is a controversial mess as well. :P

Hilarious title art, btw. Sokka's bloody chainsaw is the best part!
    Does KP have a bunch of shippers trying to redo the ending so that Kim ends up with Shego? No, I think not . . . I hope not.
    Clearly you've never seen some Kigo fan fics and videos, and I was actually referring to D/S and its abrupt appearence in the finale. That caused many a flame war and even some attacks on the creators from a few fans.
    OK, perhaps I wasn't clear: when I said "redo the ending" I meant "reanimate the finale with all the original voice actors so that their preferred ship comes out on top."

And I knew about all the flames against D/S, but still, that's no where near the sheer audacity of actually spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to try and get your (not you, Twi'ika) way.

I love Avatar! And it's the first cartoon my mother would truly watch with me and my sister.

But since when has Avatar been controversial? I mean, aside from the choice of director for the live-action movie...

Does KP have a bunch of shippers trying to redo the ending so that Kim ends up with Shego? No, I think not . . . I hope not.
    Clearly you've never seen some Kigo fan fics and videos, and I was actually referring to D/S and its abrupt appearence in the finale. That caused many a flame war and even some attacks on the creators from a few fans.
    OK, perhaps I wasn't clear: when I said "redo the ending" I meant "reanimate the finale with all the original voice actors so that their preferred ship comes out on top."

And I knew about all the flames against D/S, but still, that's no where near the sheer audacity of actually spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to try and get your (not you, Twi'ika) way.
    I figured that's what you meant. Still, I heard nothing about that until now, so maybe it wasn't as controversial as you think.

Registered User Veteran Member Cody MacArthur Fett's Avatar

I figured that's what you meant. Still, I heard nothing about that until now, so maybe it wasn't as controversial as you think.
    That may be, but I certainly know this is controversial.

Jesse McCarthy has been cast to play Zuko in the live-action adaptation of Avatar, and people ain't happy.

That may be, but I certainly know this is controversial.

Jesse McCarthy has been cast to play Zuko in the live-action adaptation of Avatar, and people ain't happy.
    That's actually spelled Jesse McCartney, and nor am I. Why would you cast a pop star with no acting skills (I've seen his previous acting work; not impressive in the slightest) for the role of one of show's most popular characters?

The bright side... McCartney has not offically been signed on. There just talking about it. No need to freak just yet.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Is it just me, or are the Avatar episodes on iTunes of shoddy quality (the transfers, not the episodes themselves.)

I downloaded and watched "Day of Black Sun" yesterday, and while the content of the episode was top-notch, the picture I saw on my computer ... not so much.