How was your Day? Part 11
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your Day? Part 11

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

How was your Day? Part 11

Here is the link to the last entry from the previous thread: http://www.globaljusticealliance.com...0377#post20377

I've gotten away with a lot of twelve hour days on call lately, which lets me catch up on rest and sleep, but that can change at any time. I'll get four weeks vacation although I have to pretty much arrange that a week at a time on the weeks I have dialysis round duty since that is the lightest of the duty cycles. But then I prefer to spend a lot of my time attending to other business duties elsewhere. So I don't really get that much time off just to do nothing. However, I don't like to really do that. I haven't had a real vacation in years since I really have no interest in doing that by myself. I prefer to keep busy if I can. I'm thinking when my nieces get old enough I might take them somewhere nice like Hawaii, though. If I arrange it in advance a good long while, my partners will let rearrange the work schedule. I do the same for them for their long vacations.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Elite Member Cloud23465's Avatar
    Long morning... all the months of pratice for our Christmas cantata finally came full circle as we had our preformance this morning. I must say I got chills at time at how good everything sounded and came together. I'm gald it's over too.... all the extra pratices we had on my days off so I really didnt get to relax all that much when we did... but it over. 9 more months till we start again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Ooops! I just realized I posted my entry for today in the old thread. Sorry 'bout that - my bad....

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Stayed home watching the snow all day. I just came in from clearing about 3" off the driveway — I wanted to do it while it was still light out. Now it's really starting to fall again, so I'll probably be clearing it again tomorrow.

Christmas Eve was nice. My family was pretty mellowed compared to last year, and this went double for my cousin. She brought her boyfriend and we all hung out with surprising ease.

Got about $100 dollars (in cash and iTunes cards combined), new PJs, a small makeup kit, candy, and a pair of slippers I had pointed out to Mom in an Avon book. I was pleased with my gifts, but I might've enjoyed them more had I not been sneezing and coughing so much (I managed to pick up my brothers' cold ).

Managed to speak with Eric as well, which is good (I'm gradually smoothing things over with him). I had to drop off his gift, an AC/DC poster, a day early due to the craziness of Christmas rush (you work at Wal-Mart during this time of year and you have little time for anything else, so I've learned), but he was very happy with it none the less.

My parents should be getting up in ten minutes or so, and then it's time to open presents. Merry Christmas all!

We had a good Christmas dinner of roast beef. I got to carry my 10-month-old grandnephew Travis around for a while. I brought him to see our cat, who hissed at him. (I think the cat had a traumatic experience with a little kid before we adopted her.) Travis wasn't fazed. :P

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Well, I performed my usual service today, which means that I worked for thirteen hours. Ain't it funny how the things that make people sick just don't respect holidays. At least I'm home by 8:30 which ain't too bad. Anyway, Now I'm relaxing a little and eating some fruit salad for dinner while I take care of business on the computer, before heading to bed for an early start tomorrow as it's going to be worse than today. But I'll likely get Christmas off next year.

Oh, well. Merry Christmas, everyone.
    "Say the Word"

I had to get up early and bring my daughter and her boyfriend to the airport this morning. I spen the rest of the day at home playing with the new Bose earphones I got for Christmas. They really make a difference with my iPod.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Loafed all day, nice switch from my usual routine.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Did some laundry, and watched TV.