How was your Day? Part 11 - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your Day? Part 11

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It's expected to be a slow day at work again today...

Of course, it's nice to be able to relax on a day like today....
    I never have any slow days at work.

Since I don't work.
    *Grumbles* Lazy layabouts and their cruise vacations.... :P

Are you, like, independently wealthy?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Are you, like, independently wealthy?
    No, Mrs. campy has a job.

It snowed here all day, so I just stayed at home doing Sudokus.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Yesterday was again a slow day... we're actually expecting things to pick up starting next week.

It was a quiet, stay-at-home night last night... in fact, I ended up falling asleep sometime around 8 or so, waking up around 11:30 so that I could actually ring in the new year.

Today, I slept in pretty late, around 11:30 AM, and I'm enjoying my day off from work by watching the Winter Classic. I do have to go in to work tomorrow, though... but, again, it's expected to be slow, as people won't really start up again until Monday.

Cleared the driveway in the am, then went to the market for something to cook tonight. (I'm making lentil soup.)

Then I came home and listened to the Vienna Philharmonic New Year's Concert on radio. Also did a load of laundry. That's about it.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    It's been cold all day, so I've had no desire to go do anything. Ham with red eye gravy, black eyed peas (well, hopping john, actually), cornbread and cole slaw for dinner tonight (it's a Texas thing).

I'm taking tomorrow off simply becuase I'd be the only one in the building and I've got some things to do.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Ended up sleeping until noon, then took the trash out while it was still daylight (Thursday's normally when our trash gets picked up, but the New Year's holiday means it'll be a day late this week). After that, I watched some TV and did my laundry. We had roast turkey sandwiches, seven-layer salad, and some other goodies for dinner tonight (the turkey was given to me as a Christmas gift by my employer). I also entered the DVDs and CDs I got for Christmas into my inventory spreadsheets on my computer. I also discovered that although my InterVideo WinDVD software won't play my new "Rocky Balboa" DVD, the DVD player on Windows Media Player will. It runs it in a smaller-sized screen than the WinDVD, and I still have the Media Player's "skin" surrounding the screen, but I think I can work around those things (there may be a way to hide the skin & increase picture size on that program). Now I need to make my lunch for work tomorrow & get in bed.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I worked clinic through Wednesday, and now have four days off until I go back on call on Sunday for another week. I'm just going to rest and see if I can do so more writing, composing, and maybe some studying.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    As slow as it was on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, it was even slower at work today. Only Deathstorm 2008 on December 19th was slower, and we got to go home early that day. I spent the bulk of my day setting up my new work e-mail and updating my profile - not the easiest thing, but it's all good now.

Looking forward to the weekend, and the challenges of the new year that begin in earnest on Monday.

I went out to mail a package and pick up some cat food. I also tried to restock my supply of official town trash bags, but the person who handles that was off today.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Official trashbags?
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”