How was your Day? Part 11 - Page 36
Global Justice Alliance

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your Day? Part 11

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Congrats on the assignment, Greenmandmz!

Today was a tiring day, as I got to throw out a bunch of junk at work, filling up half a large dumpster. It's fun, though, to just go all out and pitch some sh-- stuff.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    A good day for rest, if I wasn't so busy working on musical stuff on the computer. At least I don't have do anything else with medicine for now. Ten days off as of yesterday, which I spent doing laundry and cleaning house.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Took it easy today and am taking a medical day tomorrow (plus the cable and internet guy is coming). Mnaged to strain one arm moving, taking a down day seemed to help it quite a bit.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Got my hair cut today, and returned a library book. Then the lawnmower service guy came and installed my new carburetor.

Mrs. campy is up in New Hampshire on business, so I have the place to myself until Friday. Party!

Spent the last two days in Dallas area with my adoptive Mom, got the car serviced for its 30,000 mile checkup at the only dealership I'll ever trust with it. Managed to pick up a case for my MIDI controller and a small portable MIDI controller unit so I can sit in a restaurant and work if I want to do that. The rest pf the time, I've been racking my head, coming up with new music for my projects. It's tough! BUt I've been enjoying it. Tomorrow I head off to Houston to do some more work down there. I'll bee there through Sunday, then I go back to Midland to go back on call this following week.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    How was my day?
    In a word: Lousy.
    This afternoon, I got word from upper management that all those backlogged invoices I had in the mail room (some 4500 of them) absolutely had to go out in the mail today. And this was after both our presort mail service and the regular Post Office pickups had been made for the day. So I got two "loaner" folder/inserters installed in the mail room (both my regular units were in the shop for service); then Doug, the tech who set up the 4040 unit for me, and Christian, a co-worker from the Order Entry department, stayed in the mail room and helped me crank out those invoices. Doug and Christian manned the inserters, while I ran everything through the postage meter after it got stuffed in envelopes. We managed to get all 4500 invoices stuffed by 4 PM; and it looked as if we wouldn't have to come in on Saturday for a half-day, when Carmella from Billing came in with another 1500-2000 invoices!
    Which means that Christian and I will be in tomorrow morning to get those stuffed and mailed out after all. So much for sleeping late.... (These invoices were late because the printer had been broken, and no one told me about it for at least a week. They started running them again, and giving them to me late last week. Management decreed that they have to go out ASAP in order to maintain our cash flow, so guess who the poor sap is who has to bust his hump on the weekend? You guessed it...)
    I ended up folding the back seat of my car down so I could haul all 11 trays of mail to the post office so it'd go out today. No doubt, I'll end up doing the same tomorrow with whatever we get done then.
    And, it only got worse when I got home. Seems my brother was working on caulking the floor of the shower in our second-floor bathroom, so I couldn't take a shower like I usually do after work. I took a "sponge bath" (actually used a wash cloth) after first washing my hair in the kitchen sink. And the really bad news is, we won't be able to use the shower until Sunday at the earliest, in order for the caulking/sealant to cure thoroughly. What fun....
    And all this bad news, on top of the fact that next Monday I go from being full-time at 40 hours a week to part-time, working just 25 hours. All to save the company money (yeah, right - if they really want to save money, they could stop sending their district sales managers on junkets to Mexico. Now there's wastefulness for you).
    It's somewhat ironic - last weekend, I was in Ohio for Marcon, having fun with my friends. This weekend, I'm suffering for the sake of this lousy company I work for. Man, this just tanks....
    Believe me, tomorrow night I'm going to relax with a good, stiff drink - after the week I've had, I deserve it.

Registered User Veteran Member Ace Ian Combat's Avatar
    Well, yesterday I helped my dad clean out the gutters. This was my first time up on the roof as well. I was supposed to go up last year, but obviously it isn't very wise to let the teenage girl who is currently suffering from dizzy and fainting spells to be somewhere high up - especially when she manages to pass out a few times while sitting down. Still, it was fun, especially cutting tree limbs so they don't hang over the gutter anymore.

My legs are kinda sore today though.

Beyond that, we worked yesterday on getting my mom's work room cleaned out, and are going to do some more today. We're going to repaint it, and I get to do a beach mural on one of the walls, with a lighthouse. After that, we're putting her new desk in (well, new in it's never been used, it's been in the garage since like 2001), and I get her old desk. I get an actual desk for my computers instead of using the top of my clothes cabinet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I don't want to be the one the battles always choose... but inside I realize that I'm the one confused... Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    How was my day?
    In a word: Lousy.
    So sorry to hear about that, TWD. Hopefully you'll get a new job soon, and you get can all this BS. We are busy in Houston with the work we are doing. We should finish up today, with 24 hours to spare. Our deadline is Monday morning at 1AM. I have to leave tomorrow morning to go back to Midland from Houston, about 7 1/2 hours of driving. Thankfully, my Sirius radio will keep me company.
    "Say the Word"

Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    Well, it's been a rather lazy weekend for me, so far. I'm the duty tech this week so I had to go to my workplace for duty checks a little bit earlier today, but not much else going on this weekend.

I'll probably head out to pick-up a burger a little bit later, started craving one today.
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Spent the day building book cases for the new house, as with every other construction project I've ever done, it got way more complicated than it started out. Took 3 extra runs to the hardware store to get all the screws and lumber I needed, #3 came about when I discovered that my router bit for this particular job had gone to the great toolbox in the sky. Since I was out anyway and it was getting hot, a beer run seemed in order. I'm giving Longboard Island Lager a spin, not bad, so far.

The book cases were necessitated bu having a need to stow more than 30 boxws of books (these, instruments and tools comprise the bulk of my stuff).

Now I've got a pot of shrimp gumbo on the stove for dinner.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”