How was your Day? Part 11 - Page 11
Global Justice Alliance

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your Day? Part 11

Registered User Regular Member Jaksun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    You said it, pal.
    I envy those lucky few who are able to make a living doing something they really love...the rest of us have to take whatever job we can just to get by. Blecch.
    - And you can quote me on that.
    My dad is always telling me to get into something I love rather than money. Money usually comes with time, but your love for a job will never change.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    I am quite happy this afternoon, particularly enjoying my lunch break, because I had my first major cost-savings sell today, and it was a success!

Just watched Obama get sworn in as president of the United States. A proud moment indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Just watched Obama get sworn in as president of the United States. A proud moment indeed!
    A very big occasion it was. I watched it also but stopped once that lady started reading poetry.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twila Starla View Post
    Yes, it was. I videotaped it while I was at work, and watched the important parts tonight at home.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaksun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    You said it, pal.
    I envy those lucky few who are able to make a living doing something they really love...the rest of us have to take whatever job we can just to get by. Blecch.
    - And you can quote me on that.
    My dad is always telling me to get into something I love rather than money. Money usually comes with time, but your love for a job will never change.
    He's right, but that must be tempered with reality to a degree. Winston Churchill once remarked that WWII was won in great part by the people, 99% of whom were doing work they did not enjoy doing. My point is that sometimes, (most of the time it would seem) you have to do something you don't like in order to eventually get to the point where you can do the work you do enjoy..........even so, some people never make it there as more imporatnt concerns, such as raising a family, may come into play.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    He's right, but that must be tempered with reality to a degree. Winston Churchill once remarked that WWII was won in great part by the people, 99% of whom were doing work they did not enjoy doing. My point is that sometimes, (most of the time it would seem) you have to do something you don't like in order to eventually get to the point where you can do the work you do enjoy..........even so, some people never make it there as more imporatnt concerns, such as raising a family, may come into play.
    Indeed sometimes sacrifices need to be made and like you said we have to climb up a ladder to reach a point we want to be at. Winston Churchill maybe my favorite historical figure along with FDR! So good choice.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    The rewards may be other than financial as well. I know quite a number of people who really enjoy their work, or enjoy things that their work permits them to pursue, who will never own an expensive car or weekend at G'staad.

Progress can be slow. There are a lot of homes, particularly in the southwest that are quite big now but started off as very modest one bedroom structures. The owners added on to them as opportunity and need arose, over several decades.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    The rewards may be other than financial as well. I know quite a number of people who really enjoy their work, or enjoy things that their work permits them to pursue, who will never own an expensive car or weekend at G'staad.

Progress can be slow. There are a lot of homes, particularly in the southwest that are quite big now but started off as very modest one bedroom structures. The owners added on to them as opportunity and need arose, over several decades.
    True everything isn't financial. Some people just find the joys in their life and enjoy them to the most.

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Mrs. campy went on a business trip to Madison WI this morning, so I'm batching it tonight. I went to the library this morning. Not much else.