What's Kim's Favorite Kind of Music?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: What's Kim's Favorite Kind of Music?

  1. #1
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,074

    What's Kim's Favorite Kind of Music?

    Has anyone figured out what kind of music Kim favors? We know she and her girlfriends liked the Oh Boyz while that group was popular; and she didn't object when the Bebe robots got Smash Mouth to play at the Mad Dog Dance in "Queen Bebe," but other than that, I don't recall them ever mentioning any other music or singers that Kim likes. Any ideas out there?
    Speaking of music, the tweebs mentioned that Kim sings in the shower (to embarrass her in front of everyone in Probability class), but they didn't specify what she sings. So again, any ideas?
    The floor's now open for debate....

  2. #2
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    Gotta be Spike Jones and the City Slickers....
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  3. #3
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,000
    I think we can extrapolate from the little known evidence already shown that she favors pop music, and may lean towards harder rock a little as well. That would fit a modern teen girl who lives in a medium sized metropolitan area which is a fairly affluent city or suburb. She's not a musican type herself, really, past her singing, so I don't see her going more esoterically into less well known genre's such as classical or heavy metal. Her father seems to enjoy much the same thing from his own era, as seen in the "Car Alarm", episode, and there's no data regarding her mother on the type of music she prefers, so I don't see her parents influencing her in any special direction. I would think she goes for modern mainstream rock like Smashmouth, Nickelback, Evanescence, and those of that genre, and may go for some lighter pop stuff from boy bands and similar fare. I doubt she'd think much of more outre forms such as rap or hip hop or grunge metal, nor really get much into country, jazz, or classical.
    "Say the Word"

  4. #4
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,074
    So we can safely rule out Barry Manilow or Alice Cooper, huh? :P

  5. #5
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I think we can extrapolate from the little known evidence already shown that she favors pop music, and may lean towards harder rock a little as well. That would fit a modern teen girl who lives in a medium sized metropolitan area which is a fairly affluent city or suburb. She's not a musican type herself, really, past her singing, so I don't see her going more esoterically into less well known genre's such as classical or heavy metal.
    I've now got this image of Kim head-banging out to screamo death metal.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  6. #6
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I've now got this image of Kim head-banging out to screamo death metal.
    Ewww...........now that was an image I didn't need to have.....
    "Say the Word"

  7. #7
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I think we can extrapolate from the little known evidence already shown that she favors pop music, and may lean towards harder rock a little as well. That would fit a modern teen girl who lives in a medium sized metropolitan area which is a fairly affluent city or suburb. She's not a musican type herself, really, past her singing, so I don't see her going more esoterically into less well known genre's such as classical or heavy metal.
    I've now got this image of Kim head-banging out to screamo death metal.
    Of course, if she's not careful, she can get a nasty case of whiplash - then Bonnie would seize the opportunity to take over the cheer squad for the next game...

  8. #8
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    I once ran across a fanart (consequently real only in the mind of the artist) of Kim as a Korn fan. Kim and Alice Cooper, hmmmm......
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,384
    I say Kim has a secret passion for 20th-century opera: Berg's Wozzeck, Moses und Aron by Schoenberg, also Phillip Glass, Benjamin Britten, John Adams ...


  10. #10
    Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    218
    My guess, based on her reaction to the Oh Boyz and the song she sang at the talent show is that she likes mainstream pop and rock. Kim, despite her world saving, is very conventional in many parts of her life. As she gets older I can see her enjoying jazz and classical.

    In contrast, Ron probably has very eclectic musical tastes, listening to what he likes. He did, after all, get into the Oh Boyz after they went out of fashion.

    I also suspect that he will embarrass any kids that he and Kim have when he insists on singing songs -- loudly and with gusto -- when the Stoppable-Possible family goes on road trips.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •