The Seven Year Sitch
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: The Seven Year Sitch

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,384

    The Seven Year Sitch

    On 07 June 2002, Disney's Kim Possible premiered on Disney Channel. "Crush," "Sink or Swim" and "The New Ron" were the three episodes shown that day.

    Happy Anniversary, Kim, Ron & Rufus!


  2. #2
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    Hmm, wonder how the redfish are running this year? That's what I was doing when I discovered the show.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  3. #3
    Registered User Regular Member Molloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boxboro, MA
    Posts
    122

    Post

    Wow. I doesn't seem like that much time has passed and, at the same time, doesn't seem like enough to encapsulate all the shows, fanart, fanfiction, etc. etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Freedom involves being able truly to care about other people & to sacrifice for them over and over in myriad petty, unsexy ways every day. --David Foster Wallace

  4. #4
    Oops. And here I am posting in the General KP thread...

    But yeah. Happy anniversary, KP!

  5. #5
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    In tribute to all those cliches and conventions that KP affectionately mocked....

    It's year 007.



    Has it really been that long?

    I'm watching "Graduation," and I'm choking up. Kim and her buddy Ron are exiting the MHS doors for the last time.... And I realize that I'm going with them. KP carried me from the end of 5th grade all through middle school, serving as a one-day-I'll be... story and a version of that far-off high school... To a point-counterpoint once I was a high-schooler, in The Know, able to see where the two versions diverged... And now we're both leaving for the unknown, Kim into TV land ether and I into the world of college and beyond.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    In tribute to all those cliches and conventions that KP affectionately mocked....

    It's year 007.



    Has it really been that long?

    I'm watching "Graduation," and I'm choking up. Kim and her buddy Ron are exiting the MHS doors for the last time.... And I realize that I'm going with them. KP carried me from the end of 5th grade all through middle school, serving as a one-day-I'll be... story and a version of that far-off high school... To a point-counterpoint once I was a high-schooler, in The Know, able to see where the two versions diverged... And now we're both leaving for the unknown, Kim into TV land ether and I into the world of college and beyond.
    How's this for irony: BECAUSE it got extended, KP's Graduation ep aired the same year I graduated. HSM3 came out, too.

  7. #7
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by nachonaco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    In tribute to all those cliches and conventions that KP affectionately mocked....

    It's year 007.



    Has it really been that long?

    I'm watching "Graduation," and I'm choking up. Kim and her buddy Ron are exiting the MHS doors for the last time.... And I realize that I'm going with them. KP carried me from the end of 5th grade all through middle school, serving as a one-day-I'll be... story and a version of that far-off high school... To a point-counterpoint once I was a high-schooler, in The Know, able to see where the two versions diverged... And now we're both leaving for the unknown, Kim into TV land ether and I into the world of college and beyond.
    How's this for irony: BECAUSE it got extended, KP's Graduation ep aired the same year I graduated. HSM3 came out, too.
    *Fires up "Black Parade"*

    We'll carry on, we'll carry on
    And though you're dead and gone, believe me!
    Your memory will carry on,
    We'll carry on!
    And in my heart I can't contain it,
    The anthem won't explain it
    ...
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  8. #8
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    At least you didn't end up like Brick..........
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  9. #9
    Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The New Republic
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    On 07 June 2002, Disney's Kim Possible premiered on Disney Channel. "Crush," "Sink or Swim" and "The New Ron" were the three episodes shown that day.

    Happy Anniversary, Kim, Ron & Rufus!

    Don't forget Wade!

    Wow! 7 years. While it hasn't been nearly as long for KP as it has for some of the other gems of Disney animation back in the late 80s/early 90s, it's still every bit as deserving of the seal of a "Disney Classic" as the others, if not more so.

    Mark and Bob brought us something special with this show, a show that I'm proud to say that I continue to discuss and enjoy.

    Thank you Mark, Bob, & Steve for this wonderful animated gem that you've given us to enjoy. Also, thanks to previous KP directors Chris, David, & Nick, the writers, storyboard artists, composers, the personnel at the various animation companies KP's had over the years, and the numerous guest VAs.

    And of course, very special thanks to Christy, Will, Tahj, and Nancy that provided the voices to our favorite crimefighting team!

    You all have created something special that has left it's mark on TV animation history. I know I speak for everyone here at GJA for what you've given us. Thank you!

    Happy Anniversary KP!!
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

    Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

  10. #10
    Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midd El Tann
    Posts
    933

    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    On 07 June 2002, Disney's Kim Possible premiered on Disney Channel. "Crush," "Sink or Swim" and "The New Ron" were the three episodes shown that day.

    Happy Anniversary, Kim, Ron & Rufus!

    That reminds me - in one of the old "Discuss To Your Heart's Content!" threads, the Jabberwocky commented on what it must have felt like to watch "Sink or Swim" after hearing of all those references to Wannaweep in past episodes, and then finally see the camp itself.

    Since SoS premiered on the premiere day, I guess there was no chance to have that kind of experience.

    In any case, happy anniversary, KP!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •