General KP Thread 11: Kimper Fi, Carry On - Page 33
Global Justice Alliance

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: General KP Thread 11: Kimper Fi, Carry On

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Well, if you're referring to "A Very Possible Christmas," it could be canon, though I'm not sure about that Snowman Hank end scene...

So I'd say you can accept the holiday episodes as canon, or not. It's up to you)...

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    Well, if you're referring to "A Very Possible Christmas," it could be canon, though I'm not sure about that Snowman Hank end scene...
    The way I see it, Bob & Mark did AVPC as an obvious spoof of all those cliches in the numerous Christmas specials broadcast on TV down through the years. That humorous look at television has been an ongoing theme on KP.

Personally, I treat the holiday episodes as cannon. In a show like KP, a lot of strange things can happen.

"A Very Possible Christmas" reminds me of something I've been reading lately, about how in 1917 during World War I British and German soldiers stopped fighting on Christmas Day.

To a lesser extent, that could be what happened with the Kim and Ron (and the rest) and Drakken and Shego during AVPC.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    Personally, I treat the holiday episodes as cannon. In a show like KP, a lot of strange things can happen.

"A Very Possible Christmas" reminds me of something I've been reading lately, about how in 1917 during World War I British and German soldiers stopped fighting on Christmas Day.

To a lesser extent, that could be what happened with the Kim and Ron (and the rest) and Drakken and Shego during AVPC.
    Quite so! That actually did happen, I believe on Christmas 1917. I don't rememebr the exact story, but on that Christmas Day, I believe it was the British side that signaled for a truce and the british Comamnder met with the German Commander unde ra white flag and offered Christmas dinner. The German commander agreed and several tables were set up in the no man's land betwen the two sets of trenches both side occupied. They spread out their rations between them, what little they had, and rested that one ebening without having to worry about being shot at by the other side for a little wild. They sang Christmas carols, said a few prayers, and when it was finished, they broke the tables back down and both sides peacefully went back to their respective trenches. The next day, the war went on as if it had never happened.
    "Say the Word"

So do I, for that very reason. After all, Kim's flown in outer space; battled the spirit of a long-dead pirate when it possessed Drakken; battled giant roaches; and even defeated an alien invasion of Earth (albeit with Drakken's help). So why should the events in the holiday episodes not be part of the Kimverse?
    BTW, "canon" is spelled with only one N.
    Just thought I'd point that out.

I just checked the "TV Listings" page of the Disney Channel website. After this weekend's showing of "Graduation, Parts 1 & 2," they'll start all over again with the Season 1 episodes. So we'll still have KP reruns to enjoy on Disney Channel!
    (Confession time: Every time they run the series finale, I get worried that DC will yank KP off their schedule altogether. So I'm relieved when I look at their schedule for the week following those eps and see Season 1 shows listed. It shows that the folks at Disney Channel have some heart, after all...)

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    So do I, for that very reason. After all, Kim's flown in outer space; battled the spirit of a long-dead pirate when it possessed Drakken; battled giant roaches; and even defeated an alien invasion of Earth (albeit with Drakken's help). So why should the events in the holiday episodes not be part of the Kimverse?
    I'm rather fond of artillery, firing the big guns is fun, so canon or cannon is equally fine with me.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I'm rather fond of artillery, firing the big guns is fun, so canon or cannon is equally fine with me.

Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I had fun firing the little 105 howitzers at Fort Riley, until we got to the 155's.....even more awesome. What's cool is that you had a choice of how many powder bags to use on the 105's, anywhere from one to seven, seven being the most powder that would throw the shell the furthest. One powder bag would throw it the shortest distance. what was neast that we had a very short target range, so we usually only used one powder bag (probably to save on powder, too. They didn't want to let us little snot nose ROTC'ers waste it) per shell. But the neatest thing was that the muzzle velocity of the shell was so slow when it came out with one bag, you could actually see as it left the barrel of the cannon, spinning from the rifling effect of the barrel as the round went down range. The old 70 mm recoiless rifle was neat, too. A cal. 50 M2 is just the most amazing thing to rip up plywood and stuff, but when they fired those sabot rounds out of an Abrams 120mm main gun.......WOW!
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Big trucks, big guns ... I sense a lotta compensatin' goin' on around here.