General KP Thread 11: Kimper Fi, Carry On - Page 27
Global Justice Alliance

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 503

Thread: General KP Thread 11: Kimper Fi, Carry On

  1. #261
    Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midd El Tann
    Posts
    933
    At work today I saw a Disney Channel "Scene It?" game, and guess who was on the box? None other than our Kim, in season 4 gear! Granted, it was on the side, and the rest of the box was filled with DC's live-action characters, but it was still nice to see her on some (relatively) recent merchandise...

  2. #262
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,858
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    At work today I saw a Disney Channel "Scene It?" game, and guess who was on the box? None other than our Kim, in season 4 gear! Granted, it was on the side, and the rest of the box was filled with DC's live-action characters, but it was still nice to see her on some (relatively) recent merchandise...
    Could that mean some there are questions (or puzzles) involving KP in that game? If so, it'd be a worthwhile addition to one's collection of KP (or KP-related) merchandise.
    It would also imply that Disney thinks higher of our Kimmie than we previously thought...

  3. #263
    Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    9,956
    Had a moment of Fridge Horror (warning! TVTropes link!) when watching my copy of "Tick-Tick-Tick" today:

    Shego (regarding the nanotick): ...So they'll bow to your will, ooooorr-

    Drakken: KABOOM! Yessss! Think of the possibilities!

    My horror comes from the visualization of what would happen to someone if the nanotick wasn't able to be removed. Your Head Asplode, indeed. I imagine it would be like taking a point-blank shotgun blast to the face - most of the upper skull and facial structure gone, and.... well, I should probably stop there.

    What makes this so much worse is the fact I've seen "The Hurt Locker," and I'm recalling particularly the scene where James (leader of the bomb squad) tries to free a civilian lawyer from a bomb militants have padlocked him to.... and can't.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  4. #264
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Had a moment of Fridge Horror (warning! TVTropes link!) when watching my copy of "Tick-Tick-Tick" today:

    Shego (regarding the nanotick): ...So they'll bow to your will, ooooorr-

    Drakken: KABOOM! Yessss! Think of the possibilities!

    My horror comes from the visualization of what would happen to someone if the nanotick wasn't able to be removed. Your Head Asplode, indeed. I imagine it would be like taking a point-blank shotgun blast to the face - most of the upper skull and facial structure gone, and.... well, I should probably stop there.

    What makes this so much worse is the fact I've seen "The Hurt Locker," and I'm recalling particularly the scene where James (leader of the bomb squad) tries to free a civilian lawyer from a bomb militants have padlocked him to.... and can't.
    That actually happened a few years ago. A man walked into a bank out west one day with a bomb locked around his neck, and demanded money. When the police arrived and caught him, he claimed to be a pizza delivery man who'd been coerced by one of his customers into robbing the bank like that. They actually had news footage of the guy sitting cross-legged on the ground outside the bank, his hands cuffed behind his back and the bomb still locked around his neck. He was frantically begging the cops to get it off him when it suddenly detonated. The various news shows that aired this footage edited out any scenes of the guy's corpse after the bomb went off (as well as any actual footage of the blast itself). After an extensive investigation, the authorities finally concluded that the dead man had been part of the robbery plot from the beginning, and not an innocent victim like his surviving family members maintain to this day.
    Isn't it creepy how life sometimes imitates art like that?

  5. #265
    Registered User Regular Member Molloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boxboro, MA
    Posts
    122

    Post DDR - Disney Channel Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    At work today I saw a Disney Channel "Scene It?" game, and guess who was on the box? None other than our Kim, in season 4 gear! Granted, it was on the side, and the rest of the box was filled with DC's live-action characters, but it was still nice to see her on some (relatively) recent merchandise...
    My daughters recently started playing the Disney Channel Edition of Dance Dance Revolution. Kim is one of the characters you can select. Since she is the only cartoon member of the game's cast, she actually looks the most "life-life." She is wearing her S4 gear, but there is a bonus outfit you can unlock if you out-dance a number of other characters in the game's "Magic Mode" setting. My daughters have one more character to beat to unlock it, but she (the character standing in their way) is pretty tough to beat.

    My eight-year-old believes the bonus outfit will be the LBD, but I'm thinking it is going to be the old-school mission gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Freedom involves being able truly to care about other people & to sacrifice for them over and over in myriad petty, unsexy ways every day. --David Foster Wallace

  6. #266
    Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    9,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Molloy View Post
    My daughters recently started playing the Disney Channel Edition of Dance Dance Revolution. Kim is one of the characters you can select. Since she is the only cartoon member of the game's cast, she actually looks the most "life-life."
    Cool!

    Interesting how that works out, what with context and everything - the cartoon character being the most realistic.

    She is wearing her S4 gear, but there is a bonus outfit you can unlock..... My eight-year-old believes the bonus outfit will be the LBD, but I'm thinking it is going to be the old-school mission gear.
    Heh, I figure if it *does* have Kim rockin' her LBD.... sales might jump a bit.

    I like your new signature, Molloy!

    =====

    Whatever happened to our merchandise thread, anyway? Died?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  7. #267
    Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    9,956
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I just recently saw an ad on DC advertising the return of Lilo and Stitch back to Prime time viewing on DC. The reason I mention this is that a friend of mine in Houston who works in media remarked to me not long ago about reading some news from Disney that they plan on returning more to their animated format, their reasoning being they don't want to get away from that entirely, as they have been recently. They want to stay true to their roots apparently. He read that DC plans on re-airing its most popular animated shows again in Prime Time, and the line-up included KP.

    We can only hope......
    Thought occurred while watching "Emotion Sickness" this afternoon: Would your friend be in a position to know if there are any S3 & S4 DVD plans in the pipeline, either for Stateside or (the more likely) German release?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  8. #268
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Whatever happened to our merchandise thread, anyway? Died?
    Well, I guess so, although it can be ativated again anytime. It's just that there's less and less KP stuff out there anymore ot seems. I have seen a LOT of the Proncess and the Frog stuff though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Thought occurred while watching "Emotion Sickness" this afternoon: Would your friend be in a position to know if there are any S3 & S4 DVD plans in the pipeline, either for Stateside or (the more likely) German release?
    Sorry, my friend doesn't have those kind of connections to Disney, just the general industry at large, so I can't tell you. My impression is that as the enthusiasm for KP wanes with time, the likelihood of that occurring will be less and less. And really we have to depend on the German audiences to do that for us as that is the demographic that sparked it in the first place. But I feel even in Germany, the enthusiasm is waning with time.
    "Say the Word"

  9. #269
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,858
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Whatever happened to our merchandise thread, anyway? Died?
    Well, I guess so, although it can be ativated again anytime. It's just that there's less and less KP stuff out there anymore it seems. I have seen a LOT of the Princess and the Frog stuff though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Thought occurred while watching "Emotion Sickness" this afternoon: Would your friend be in a position to know if there are any S3 & S4 DVD plans in the pipeline, either for Stateside or (the more likely) German release?
    Sorry, my friend doesn't have those kind of connections to Disney, just the general industry at large, so I can't tell you. My impression is that as the enthusiasm for KP wanes with time, the likelihood of that occurring will be less and less. And really we have to depend on the German audiences to do that for us as that is the demographic that sparked it in the first place. But I feel even in Germany, the enthusiasm is waning with time.
    Unfortunately, that seems to be the case in a media-driven society. As popular as certain programs are, a lot of excitement gets generated over "the Next Big Thing" that the cable channels/broadcast networks/entertainment studios offer us. That "Next Big Thing" - whatever it is - always seems to get a good dose of hype and hoopla in order to generate publicity, which is why interest in established shows like "Kim Possible" wanes over time like you described. With everyone's attention focused on the new stuff, naturally those other shows are going to lose the spotlight.
    Hopefully, Disney will release Seasons 3 and 4 on DVD in Germany before Kim's fan base over there diminishes too much.
    EDIT: BTW, jeriddian, did your friend say when Disney plans to move "Kim Possible," "Lilo & Stitch," et al, back to prime time? Was there some indication of a time table in that news bulletin he read?

  10. #270
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,894
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    EDIT: BTW, jeriddian, did your friend say when Disney plans to move "Kim Possible," "Lilo & Stitch," et al, back to prime time? Was there some indication of a time table in that news bulletin he read?
    Sorry...he only mentioned they were planning on it but what he read didn't give any timeline on it.
    "Say the Word"

Similar Threads

  1. General KP Thread 12: Kimper Fi; Carry On Some More
    By TransWarpDrive in forum Kim Possible
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 07:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •