General KP Thread 11: Kimper Fi, Carry On - Page 43
Global Justice Alliance

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: General KP Thread 11: Kimper Fi, Carry On

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    @ BB: You could start a thread specifically for posting the articles, and use a new post for each article, or just back-edit them all into the post at the very beginning (much like fanfictions do), with comments below.

I set that up OK so far, I think. Hopefully what I have will be interesting. I re-put the first one in the correct area.

That's the secret to life right there....always put the right stuff in the correct holes.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    @ BB: You could start a thread specifically for posting the articles, and use a new post for each article, or just back-edit them all into the post at the very beginning (much like fanfictions do), with comments below.

I set that up OK so far, I think. Hopefully what I have will be interesting. I re-put the first one in the correct area.

That's the secret to life right there....always put the right stuff in the correct holes.
    Good idea, 'chutes!
    That way, when I have the time, I have an easy one stop source to collect them all for the Main Page.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    Absolutely! We file clerks live by that motto.

Anyway:
    A thought occurred to me tonight - are Bob & Mark fond of Mexican cuisine? Is that why they made Kim & Ron's favorite fast-food hangout a "Bueno Nacho" restaurant? I don't recall them ever mentioning that in any of the on-line chats or interviews I've read. Still, I'm curious as to why they made the choice they did.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Anyway:
    A thought occurred to me tonight - are Bob & Mark fond of Mexican cuisine? Is that why they made Kim & Ron's favorite fast-food hangout a "Bueno Nacho" restaurant? I don't recall them ever mentioning that in any of the on-line chats or interviews I've read. Still, I'm curious as to why they made the choice they did.
    You know........................that's a good point! Why did they choose a fast food Mexican 'cuisine' outlet as their favorite hangout? :P
    "Say the Word"

Another little detail: While watching my DVD of Showdown at the Crooked D last night, I noticed something I missed on previous viewings: In Joss's bedroom, to the right of the staircase, there's a giant naked mole rat pillow/TV viewing rest sitting on the floor. I'm amazed that after all this time, and countless viewings, that item never caught my eye until now....

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Here's a thought, coming to me whilst watching "Hidden Talent:"

Could the "bottomless chasm filled with water" () be the same pit that Drakken used in "Tick Tick Tick" as his [so]otter[/so] shark pool?

Also, if Shego's going to weld the box shut with Kim inside, why go through all the trouble of the pit and the wildlife and the ice? Let it sit between thirty and ninety minutes, and Kim will neatly suffocate inside the box.

---

All in all, "Hidden Talent" is one of those amazing grand-slam KP episodes. The animation is detailed (particularly in the hands!), the plot idea is darkly intriguing (weaponize KP by taking over her CIC), and the humor simply does not stop.

"Please, Bonnie, I just had lunch."

"Can we get ze boy some pants, here?!"

"Wait, if the chasm is bottomless, how can you fill it with water?"
    "IT'S VERY VERY DEEP, ALRIGHT?!!"

---

I must also mention, that missing glove was an *insanely* long walk to a Michael Jackson sight gag. Props.

Also,

THIS.

YES.

AND.

Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Also, if Shego's going to weld the box shut with Kim inside, why go through all the trouble of the pit and the wildlife and the ice? Let it sit between thirty and ninety minutes, and Kim will neatly suffocate inside the box.
    Doctor D and Shego are big fans of the villainous schemes that ran rampant back during the glory day of Adam West's Batman TV series? Nobody said death traps for the heroes have to be simple and clean (actually, I think Shego might have said something along those lines during the Janitor Joe episode)... Hey, at least Drakken didn't rig the wildlife to explode too.

Now if only the shark had tackled an airplane during the episode... Though that might truly Jump the Shark when it comes to Kim Possible's Rule of Cool.

Looking back a few months ago...

You know, we should have a thread categorizing each and every explosion on the show.... and then we can edit them all together into one video set to classical music.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Hmmm... And if we were to, say, send a copy of the video in the direction of Michael Bay, perhaps he would consider approaching Disney in regards to making a live action KP movie...

As for music for it... There's always Yakety Sax. Of course that song might be better suited for a video showcasing the low points of Drakken's criminal career.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Now THAT!......would be cool.......
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    As Jim Rome would say, everything is better with Yakety Sax!
    I never did get around to stepping out of AMV retirement to make that , but I guess finding this will have to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Senior Member Muzzlehatch's Avatar
    Of course, Kim had her breathing apparatus and laser cutter with her in the box, so she could have escaped anyway.
    Kim Possible, the REAL Disney princess!

These last few days while riding between city & suburbs on the train, I've substituted reading my KP "Cine-Manga" books for doing crossword puzzles. I've found it puts me in a better mood - especially considering that I get up at 5 AM local time in order to be downtown by 8:00.

After watching "Ron the Man" on video the other night, a thought keeps popping back into my head.
    It's a question, really: We can assume that Kim & Ron gave the Pan-Dimensional Vortex Inducer back to the authorities once they confiscated it from Drakken and Dementor while in Las Vegas, but did they also succeed in getting Jack Hench's Molecular Muscle Enhancer Rings away from Drakken's thugs and return them to Hench? Or did they just give those to the folks in law enforcement as well, since they were developed by a criminal organization for illegal purposes? What you guys think?
    The floor's now open for debate.