Two more celebrities and pop icons died today - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two more celebrities and pop icons died today

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Weirdly enough, I went to both Spain and Yugoslovia while Franco and Tito were still in power.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post

Today's Cafferty File question at circa 4:56 PM on CNN (notable to me as it's on the lobby TV as I leave work): "Are the events surrounding Michael Jackson’s death beginning to resemble his life?"

I'm ready to move on at this point.
    So am I. They pre-empted regular programming on MSNBC tonight just to give us a special report on Jackson's will. Puh-leeze, enough already!!

I was ready to move on the day it happened.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Not quite icon status, but certainly a well-liked player in the NFL... retired QB Steve McNair was found shot to death earlier today, along with a woman whose identity hasn't been released at this time.

36 years old is far too young to die. Mr. McNair's life came to a tragic and abrupt end. Here's hoping they uncover the truth about how he died.

The morning news led off with (inevitably) a story on Michael Jaclson. They were talking about how his brain is being studied, the first thing that came to mind was Marty Feldman, as Igor, at the brain bank in Young Frankenstein.

I wonder if he'll reappear in a real life version of the Thriller video (it played a lot back when they still had videos on MTV).

36 years old is far too young to die. Mr. McNair's life came to a tragic and abrupt end. Here's hoping they uncover the truth about how he died.
    If the news is to be believed (a stretch, admitedly) he was shot by his mistress, after she found out he was not, in fact, divorcing his wife to marry her (sounds like something out of a bad detective movie).

It brought to mind a poster my old Gunny had in his office, it featured John Wayne as Sgt. Stryker in The Sands Of Iwo Jima and the text read "Life is tough, it's tougher when you are stupid".

After having tutored quite a few university athletes and taught many in my classes, I was persistantly amazed at the level of entitlement and priveldge that years of preferential and deferential treatment they expressed. If you are given the idea tha you can get away with anything, you often begin to do really foolish things. This doesn't apply to all athletes, I have known a fair number that were solid citizens, though they were usually also folks that had taken the trouble to develop skills beyond sports, but the dolts tend to really stand out.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    The morning news led off with (inevitably) a story on Michael Jaclson. They were talking about how his brain is being studied, the first thing that came to mind was Marty Feldman, as Igor, at the brain bank in Young Frankenstein.
    I wonder if they'l label the brain with the name 'Abby Normal'...........
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    The morning news led off with (inevitably) a story on Michael Jackson. They were talking about how his brain is being studied, the first thing that came to mind was Marty Feldman, as Igor, at the brain bank in Young Frankenstein.
    I wonder if they'l label the brain with the name 'Abby Normal'...........
    Well, if the shoe fits....