How was your Day? Part the 12th - Page 48
Global Justice Alliance

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your Day? Part the 12th

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Good to hear about your father, kyoji. Everything seems to be going well. His sugars, though, really need to be down below 200, preferably in the 110 to 150 range, just FYI.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I shoveled snow again (no new snow fell, but the wind made drifts across the driveway). Then I brought the cat to the MiL's house to stay for the next 2 weeks while Mrs. c and I go on a cruise.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Today was an average day at work, but driving home was a freaking nightmare.

Still, I made it home before 6, had a chance to get in the shower, and I was back to normal pretty quickly. My sister supplied pizza, and she and my cousin and I went to the Red Wings game, along with her autistic friend Patrick, and we got to enjoy a nice Wings victory.

My sister's known Pat for six years now - he lives in a complex right by the video store she used to work at, and she usually saw him every day she was working there. She and her husband have taken him to games every now and then, as Pat is a huge sports fan, and he appreciates the opportunity to go, whether it be the Wings, Pistons, Tigers, or Lions.

We drove down to the city where our cruise will leave from on Monday. Hit a snowstorm from the middle of New Jersey all the rest of the way. But we're safely ensconced in the hotel now.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    We drove down to the city where our cruise will leave from on Monday. Hit a snowstorm from the middle of New Jersey all the rest of the way. But we're safely ensconced in the hotel now.
    Yeah, the Mid-Atlantic sure got socked... again! Meanwhile, it's just plain cold up here in Motown.

Nothing much here. I was rather excited this morning 'cause I got accepted to college. That makes four. The guidance councilor will be happy.

Now I have to do homework. Then again, I'm a procrastinator. I probably won't really do it until tomorrow, since I don't have school. I always get distracted by something.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Last night we had a good dinner at an Irish pub across the street from our hotel. I had a really great bowl of lamb stew. A great choice for a cold, snowy night.

This morning we walked around the city for a while, visited a museum, and now we're back at the hotel resting.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I got home at 8:30 tonight, the earliest all week. This has been one really sh***y, sh***y week. Lost six patients. I"m beat to smithereens. I'm checking the site and going back to bed. I start clinic tomorrow, but I'm off after five, and I can go home and sleep for about twelve hours straight. I'll start feeling like a human being again about Thursday.......
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about the patients you lost, jeriddian.

Since I wasn't on-line yesterday, I'll fill you in on both Saturday and Sunday. Since I needed my Social Security card for a job interview on Monday (and I wasn't sure where I'd put it), I spent most of Saturday afternoon digging through a "junk drawer" in one of my two dressers looking for it. I pulled everything out of the drawer and searched through it all to no avail. However, I did find a few items I'd literally forgotten about; such as a complete sheet of 28-cent postage stamps commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. I'm going to put those in a plastic page protector sleeve, and store them in a loose-leaf binder that contains some photo prints from Apollo 11 and other space-related items. I also reorganized all the other stuff in that drawer, putting related items together in Ziploc storage bags (spare bulbs for flashlights; family photos; badges and trinkets from various conventions I've been to, etc.). Everything got put back - neatly - into the drawer, with the stuff I really need from time to time on top and the other stuff on bottom. (The spare bulbs, etc., for flashlights and my cell phone's recharging cord are among these top-priority items.)
    Saturday night I went to a games-and-social night at some friends' house. We ordered out for pizza, which wasn't very good because it gave me a slight case of indigestion the rest of the night.
    Today I filled out the application I need to get a replacement Social Security card, which I'd downloaded off the U.S. Government web site on Saturday. I also dug out a copy of my birth certificate, which I'll need to take with me to the local Social Security office tomorrow morning. (I also have that job interview tomorrow afternoon, so wish me luck!)

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I got home at 8:30 tonight, the earliest all week. This has been one really sh***y, sh***y week. Lost six patients. I"m beat to smithereens. I'm checking the site and going back to bed. I start clinic tomorrow, but I'm off after five, and I can go home and sleep for about twelve hours straight. I'll start feeling like a human being again about Thursday.......
    Well, my homework woes just got put into perspective.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.