Kim Possible PS2 ~ What's the Switch?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kim Possible PS2 ~ What's the Switch?

Registered User Regular Member Molloy's Avatar

Red face Kim Possible PS2 ~ What's the Switch?

We recently upgraded to the "new" PS2 gaming system. I may be behind the times because I still think the original PS system my wife and I bought back in 1999 is pretty cool.

Anyway, I scored a copy of "What's the Switch?" from ebay for only $5. Pretty good deal since the game was in brand new condition--still shrink-wrapped.

So far I've made it through Monkey Fist's castle and half-way through the London section.

Didn't know if anyone else had played this game, but I wanted to get others' thoughts.

For myself, I think it's a pretty cool game so far. But, then again, I think the Duck Tales game for the original Nintendo system is still pretty "keen."

BTW ~ if you collect a certain number of "Club Banana" tokens on each level, you unlock a new outfit for either Kim or Shego. Is the fact that I searched for (and found) a cheat guide for finding these tokens' locations on every level just ethically problematic (I mean a "cheat" is a "cheat" after all) or does it also suggest I am a little too girly for a man of my age because I actually care about unlocking these outfits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Freedom involves being able truly to care about other people & to sacrifice for them over and over in myriad petty, unsexy ways every day. --David Foster Wallace

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    BTW ~ if you collect a certain number of "Club Banana" tokens on each level, you unlock a new outfit for either Kim or Shego. Is the fact that I searched for (and found) a cheat guide for finding these tokens' locations on every level just ethically problematic (I mean a "cheat" is a "cheat" after all) or does it also suggest I am a little too girly for a man of my age because I actually care about unlocking these outfits?

I wouldn't worry about either one of those points. Many video gamers, if given the chance, will use cheat guides to get ahead on their games - it's human nature to want to win. As for caring about unlocking the outfits (which just happen to be women's clothing), well, that's the big bonus feature of the game. It's no different from that KP shopping game on the Disney website where you have to collect parts of Kim's outfit within a certain time frame (I don't remember right now if it was 60 seconds or 90); and you have to get all the right parts for a given ensemble, in order for Kim to successfully capture Drakken and Shego. I obsessed over that particular game, and practiced at it steadily, until I finally mastered it. And I didn't feel the least bit girly about playing the game or trying to get Kim's outfits right. And neither should you. So enjoy the game!

Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar

Ethical quandary? What ethical quandary?

I consulted with Ron Stoppable on this question.

"Hmmm," he said as he munched on a naco. "If stealing is really "secret borrowing," maybe using cheat codes is really "secret learning" ..."

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDrP View Post

"Hmmm," he said as he munched on a naco. "If stealing is really "secret borrowing," maybe using cheat codes is really "secret learning" ..."
    Ron Stoppable, ethicist? Now I'm scared.

I think cheat codes are more like "borrowed learning."

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDrP View Post

Ron Stoppable, ethicist? Now I'm scared.

I think cheat codes are more like "borrowed learning."
    Secret borrowed learning.

MrDrP for. the. win.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Wow, it's been a while since I've pulled that game out! Or any PS2 game, for that matter...

I never did quite get all the CB coins needed to unlock Kim's mission gear for Shego...

Registered User Regular Member Molloy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    Wow, it's been a while since I've pulled that game out! Or any PS2 game, for that matter...

I never did quite get all the CB coins needed to unlock Kim's mission gear for Shego...
    Well, I have a link that will tell you where they all are if you're interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Freedom involves being able truly to care about other people & to sacrifice for them over and over in myriad petty, unsexy ways every day. --David Foster Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Molloy View Post

I've got a pic saved from the ARA of all the bonus Shego outfits. Should I upload?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post

I've got a pic saved from the ARA of all the bonus Shego outfits. Should I upload?
    Sure; go ahead. I'm a bit curious myself to see what they are (been so long, I've forgotten what they look like)....

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post

Sure; go ahead. I'm a bit curious myself to see what they are (been so long, I've forgotten what they look like)....
    Okie-dokie.

Shego's outfits:

Kim's outfits: