What Reminds You of KP? #8 - Page 20
Global Justice Alliance

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: What Reminds You of KP? #8

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I wish I could do the same. Compared to me, Dr. Possible got off easy.....*sigh*
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Today on the train into the city, a newspaper headline caught my eye. It read, "Breaking up Motorola is Hard to Do." It reminded me of Ron's line from Emotion Sickness:
    Breaking up is so not easy!

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Today on the train into the city, a newspaper headline caught my eye. It read, "Breaking up Motorola is Hard to Do." It reminded me of Ron's line from Emotion Sickness:
    Breaking up is so not easy!
    The fact that Valentine's Day is this weekend also reminds me of that quote, strangely enough.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Friday morning on my walk to work from the train station, I took another route than what I usually do. On Clark Street just north of the station, I saw a restaurant that reminded me of Bueno Nacho: it was called "Taco Fresco."
    (But I don't think they serve nacos there....)

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Friday morning on my walk to work from the train station, I took another route than what I usually do. On Clark Street just north of the station, I saw a restaurant that reminded me of Bueno Nacho: it was called "Taco Fresco."
    Ah, so you work right in the Loop now? I missed that. (I skimmed messages a couple of times while I was on the ship, so I did know about your new job. Congrats on that. )

Maybe we should meet for a drink next time I go out there to visit my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Ah, so you work right in the Loop now? I missed that. (I skimmed messages a couple of times while I was on the ship, so I did know about your new job. Congrats on that. )

Maybe we should meet for a drink next time I go out there to visit my daughter.
    Thanks! Sounds like a great idea! Of course, it all depends on when you next plan to visit your daughter. This is only a temp job; I may only have it for a month, maybe two - that'll probably be determined by when one of their regular employees goes on her maternity leave and for how long. As you know, there's no guarantee how long these jobs will last.

Getting back on-topic:
    Today at Border's I spotted a sign promoting a line of stuffed toy rabbits they're selling for Easter. It read: "Put a Cuddle-Bunny in their baskets this Easter. Only $6.99 with any $10.00 purchase."
    Reminds me of a certain stuffed-toy line our favorite world-saving cheerleader likes to collect....

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    The phone call I received from my daughter this evening reminded me of KP now that I use the Kimmunicator tones as the ring for family members on my mobile. (I didn't answer "What's the sitch?" though.)

It's confusing when the phone rings, though, because I've been using the tone as my email notification for a long time. I think I'm going to have to change one of them to something else.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    It's confusing when the phone rings, though, because I've been using the tone as my email notification for a long time. I think I'm going to have to change one of them to something else.
    You could consider the opening guitar riff from the theme song as a ringtone.
    "Say the Word"

akimbo means "with hand on hip and elbow bent outward".

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    You could consider the opening guitar riff from the theme song as a ringtone.
    For me, my Kimmunicator ringtone actually serves as my No Caller ID ringer... while I use various other music clips for anyone actually in my address book. My e-mail notifications all come from Strong Bad sound clips.