What Reminds You of KP? #8 - Page 48
Global Justice Alliance

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: What Reminds You of KP? #8

Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar
    This morning's NY Times crossword included the following clue:

"A type of fighting"

The answer, as you might have guessed, was kung fu.

I immediately thought of Doctor D saying, "Now let's dispense with the chatter, and get on with the kung fu fighting, shall we?"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I saw a flier for a new children's program at my local public library called Reading With Rufus.

Ron's dad wouldn't like this Rufus: he's a big, hairy dog.

Tonight I saw a commercial for a local football team, and it praised the loyalty of the cheerleaders. Specifically, how the cheerleaders stay and support the team even after most of the fans have given up and gone home. Nothing could remind me of KP more than that. A friend to the end, the first to come help and the last to leave. That's the way I feel too because I will support Kim until the day I die, even if I am her last fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDrP View Post
    This morning's NY Times crossword included the following clue:

"A type of fighting"

The answer, as you might have guessed, was kung fu.

I immediately thought of Doctor D saying, "Now let's dispense with the chatter, and get on with the kung fu fighting, shall we?"
    The same puzzle also had clues of "Shows disappointment, in a way" for (puppy dog?) pouts and "One who's not in the in-crowd" for dweeb. As you may recall, Kim coined the word tweebs from twin dweebs.

There was also "European fashion capital" for Milan, which anyone who watched "Fashion Victim" would know.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    I think I found where Jim and Tim actioned off their R&D work on the Roth.

Turbine-driven electric supercar hits 60 in 3.4, delivers 1,180 foot-lbs of torque from 0, and goes 68 miles on battery power alone.

"...Yes, this stunning supercar concept is jet-powered, complete with "Beware of Blast" stickers on its exhaust pipes. The turbines generate power for four wheel-mounted electric motors and develop a total of 780 horsepower."

Wicked.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post

Turbine-driven electric supercar hits 60 in 3.4, delivers 1,180 foot-lbs of torque from 0, and goes 68 miles on battery power alone.

"...Yes, this stunning supercar concept is jet-powered, complete with "Beware of Blast" stickers on its exhaust pipes. The turbines generate power for four wheel-mounted electric motors and develop a total of 780 horsepower."

Wicked.
    I hope they do better on the battery, 68 miles wouldn't even get me to the grocery store from my West Texas home.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    I hope they do better on the battery, 68 miles wouldn't even get me to the grocery store from my West Texas home.
    Well, then you light up the turbines and generate more juice, I guess.

Me, I'll wait for something roomier. These old bones don't fit into cars like that any more. (Not that they ever did.)

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post

Wicked.
    Well, when the battery runs out the turbines spool up, so in total you've got a range of some 560 miles.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Well, then you light up the turbines and generate more juice, I guess.

Me, I'll wait for something roomier. These old bones don't fit into cars like that any more. (Not that they ever did.)

Where I live that car would be pointless, unless it can break through 2 foot snowdrifts in the morning. And start up without a jump when it's -25 F too. It would most likely be vandalized as well. Or stolen by drug zombies.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Today I was watching an episode of "How Do They Do That?" on the Science Channel. During a segment where they moved a 600+ ton steam turbine from the factory in Italy where it was built to a power plant in Arizona, I noticed that one of the engineers on the transport team was wearing a decal on his hard hat that said "Mad Dog."