What Are You Watching? Part 6 - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching? Part 6

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    At the moment I am watching the one-game playoff for the divisional pennant between the Minnesota Twins and the Detroit Tigers, on TBS.
    Speaking of sports, your signature now has a personal ring to it.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    At the moment I am watching the one-game playoff for the divisional pennant between the Minnesota Twins and the Detroit Tigers, on TBS.
    Speaking of sports, your signature now has a personal ring to it.
    Hey, no reason to be mad at me; I've been doing this for 3 years now. It was your choice to go to an ACC school.

Besides, your guys are practically a sure bet to win on Saturday — or if not that one, the rematch in Tampa on 12/5.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Well, the Tigers dropped it. Then again, they dropped it a couple of weeks ago, when they let a 7-game lead drop down to 2 by the time they played Minnesota at home last week...

And while he was far from the sole reason for the Tigers' collapse, Miguel Cabrera's lack of good judgment this past weekend will surely paint him as a goat.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    So there's no joy in the Motor City tonight, huh?

As for what I'm watching, well, I just watched the KP ep "Downhill" on Disney Channel. Before that, I caught a show on the Science Channel called: "Saturn: Lord of the Rings." It was about the Cassini-Huygens probe that was launched to investigate Saturn's rings and explore the moon Titan by sending the Huygens probe parachuting into its atmosphere. Pretty neat stuff there....

I caught up on last night's NCIS. Watch out for bloggers trying to make a name off of you...

Currently, I have the Yankees-Twins game 1 of the ALDS on. Jeter's up with none out, none on in the bottom of the 5th, Yankees up 3-2.

[edit] DJ just walked.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Darwin's Darkest Hour on PBS (well, DVRed from Tuesday off of PBS), pretty good treatment of his personal crisis over publishing Origin of Species and the papers that led up to it when Wallace came out witha nearly identical theory. Part of what caused Darwin such turmoil was a desire not to upset his deeply religious wife, who ultimately encouraged him to publish, then defended him for nearly two decades after his death.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Right now - pregame for the Red Wings home opener vs. that team from Go City.

At 9:00, even if it is a good game, I'm switching over to NBC to watch the hour-long wedding episode of The Office. (ABOUT DARN TIME JIM AND PAM GOT HITCHED!)

After that, if the game's still going on, I'll watch the end, but if it's over, the TV's going off and into the garage, where it'll await transport to my new apartment tomorrow.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I'm watching the Dodgers vs. the Cardinals in the baseball playoffs. A Dodger just hit a home run to tie the game, after the first 11 LA batters went down in order.

It would have been cool if the STL pitcher had kept the perfect game going, since today is the anniversary of Yankee Don Larsen's gem (against the Brooklyn Dodgers) in the '56 World Series.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I picked up the new Snow White release. I'll have to wait until I'm off call to check it out. I haven't really watched anything else.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I watched an interesting episode of "Wild West Tech" on History International tonight. It talked about saloons, and the technology invented to help operate them. Did you know, for instance, that the first cash registers were invented for use in saloons to prevent theft of the profits by dishonest bartenders? Or that some saloon owners lined the walls of their establishments with sheets of boilerplate (either steel or iron plating used in boilers for steam engines) to keep stray bullets fired from neighboring taverns from coming through the walls? Fascinating stuff....
    I also just finished watching "Pain King vs. Cleopatra" on Disney Channel.