What Are You Watching? Part 6 - Page 24
Global Justice Alliance

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching? Part 6

I used to watch Sailor Moon a lot a few years ago, around the same time I discovered KP. But I've only seen disjointed bits of the show, since the episodes weren't broadcast on television and I had to rent/buy what I could find. Actually, I have a few episodes on VHS. Which is strange, thinking about it now, because the VCR player no longer works.

Planning on watching my recording of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson later. If it's a repeat that's fine, but I want to see some new episodes because I sent an e-mail and it would be funny if it got read on the show.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I just watched a couple of episodes of Cash Cab on Discovery Channel. It's amazing how some folks can't answer the simplest general-knowledge questions....

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I just watched a couple of episodes of Cash Cab on Discovery Channel. It's amazing how some folks can't answer the simplest general-knowledge questions....
    I found that out watching 'Are You Smater Than A Fifth Grader?', with Jeff Foxworthy. It is amazing how little some people know.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    In honor of the return of the Frost Giants (not to mention a paucity of things to watch on TV that I haven't already seen), think I'll watch my DVD copy of Island in the Sky. It's an old John Wayne flick about a MATS (Military Air Transport Service) plane that strays off course and makes a forced landing in a then unchartered part of Canada in the winter. Hot buttered rum (cold weather is good for something after all) later.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    At least the K/R(ufus) fans will always have that dancing scene from the end of Queen Bebe.

Watched Stop Team Go again earlier this morning. And now I'm slowly working on watching the entirety of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. This is going to take some time. Forty-nine episodes and, if I heard right, a movie that ties up some loose ends.
    Yep, Endless Waltz, although "tying up loose ends" doesn't entirely fit what EW accomplishes.
    Interesting. Well, once I finish marathoning the series I'm certainly going to have to order a copy of the movie. Surely Amazon.com must have a DVD copy.

So far Gundam Wing has been rather entertaining, and it's hard to dislike any of the characters so far (well, perhaps with the exceptions of Lady Une and Wufei Chang), though Duo Maxwell, Zechs Merquise, Treize Khushrenada and Lucrezia Noin have already ended up becoming my favorites of the series.

Though the talk of Sailor Moon in this topic did have me take a quick break from slowly marathoning Gundam Wing. It's been ages since I'd seen anything Sailor Moon related, but now I've ended up watching the first movie. I'd almost forgotten how awesome that one was. And then I ended up checking out the two episodes from the season involving the Dead Moon Circus. I still can't get over how the English dub made Zirconia sound almost exactly like Yoda. Anyway the two part was the last appearanc of Fisheye and the rest of the Amazon Trio. Certainly some of the better villains from the series, and at least they got a happy ending.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    At least the K/R(ufus) fans will always have that dancing scene from the end of Queen Bebe.

Watched Stop Team Go again earlier this morning. And now I'm slowly working on watching the entirety of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. This is going to take some time. Forty-nine episodes and, if I heard right, a movie that ties up some loose ends.
    Yep, Endless Waltz, although "tying up loose ends" doesn't entirely fit what EW accomplishes.
    Interesting. Well, once I finish marathoning the series I'm certainly going to have to order a copy of the movie. Surely Amazon.com must have a DVD copy.

So far Gundam Wing has been rather entertaining, and it's hard to dislike any of the characters so far (well, perhaps with the exceptions of Lady Une and Wufei Chang), though Duo Maxwell, Zechs Merquise, Treize Khushrenada and Lucrezia Noin have already ended up becoming my favorites of the series.

Though the talk of Sailor Moon in this topic did have me take a quick break from slowly marathoning Gundam Wing. It's been ages since I'd seen anything Sailor Moon related, but now I've ended up watching the first movie. I'd almost forgotten how awesome that one was. And then I ended up checking out the two episodes from the season involving the Dead Moon Circus. I still can't get over how the English dub made Zirconia sound almost exactly like Yoda. Anyway the two part was the last appearanc of Fisheye and the rest of the Amazon Trio. Certainly some of the better villains from the series, and at least they got a happy ending.

Of all the dub characterizations, Duo is definitely the best, in my opinion. Of course, it helps that he's voiced by the ever-awesome (and somewhat crazy) Scott McNeil, who gets him down pat. And he gets some of the best lines! One of my favorites: "Just watch me. I'll become the God of Death once again, but right now... I need some sleep."

It's interesting to watch Lady Une's development through the series...

... and I think I only ever knew of one person who actually liked Wufei.

I'll probably end up re-watching Gundam Wing again sometime in the near future. If I do, I'll probably end up going through my other Gundam series... seeing as I have every US release prior to Gundam SEED.

It's been way long since I've seen the Sailor Moon anime. Fond memories, to be sure (despite all the flaws of the dubbed version)... but watching the live-action PGSM (available on YouTube, in case anyone's curious) was definitely a trip. (Poor Minako, though...)

Just finished watching the Doctor Who episode Waters of Mars on BBC. It's the only time David Tennant has ever freaked me out as the Doctor. Actually, it's the only time the Doctor has ever freaked me out.

All this Sailor Moon talk makes me wish I could watch the videos I have. Or at least that I'd have gotten my episodes on DVD instead of VHS.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Currently watching the Super Bowl 44 ads online, because I had an online quiz to take and missed part of the game.

My favorites:

#1: FloTV's "My Generation." Seeing the track of the generations was cool, particularly once my cultural references kicked in at the Berlin Wall.

#2: Audi's "Green Police." I found the overzealous Green Police a riot, and the song has gotten stuck in my head.

#3: The Census 2010 commercial. "National snapshot."

#4: The Tebow commercial. It was much better and less strident than I'd thought... Though I wasn't very surprised by its mellow, middle-road tone. The entire point of it was to get publicity beforehand.

#5: The Megan Fox Motorola commercial. Need I say any more?

Others I liked, in no particular order:

- Monster's beaver violinist
    - Google's "Search On" ad
    - Lebron and Dwight reenacting the Jordan/Bird McDonald's spot.... This time with dunking!
    - Cars.com's "Growing Up." It was similar to the "know-it-all" ad they had a few years ago.
    - Kia's ad with all the toys rocking Vegas in the SUV.
    - Hyundai's "Old Farve." Because there's something hilarious about a holographic trophy.
    - Budweiser's Bringin' the T-Pain. AutoTune for the win! "Paaaaaass the Guaaaaa-ca-moleeeee!"
    - Emerald Nuts/Pop Secret. Awesome + Awesome = AWESOMER!
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    That would be LeBron James and Dwight Howard...

Anyway, it was a pretty good game. Credit to Saints coach Sean Payton for having the guts to go for an on-side kick to start the second half. That move alone made the game more interesting than most Super Bowls.

Hi guys! so I´ve been watching this last days lot of youtube, you know, one year to finish college, some bad results the first semester and,boom! you are a little bit nostalgic about the good old days.

So I've rediscovered lots of shows I used to watch, Sailor Moon, Ranma, Pepper Ann, and some epic Disney openings such as Ducktales, chip 'n' dale, etc, and yesterday I discovered something that changed dramatically my bad mood since I watched it.

This youtube user, the nostalgia critic, rants about weird things about those sows and in one ep he talks about Aninaniacs and how they put some ehm..controversial stuff on some eps (Mandy the Mink cough!!:P).

He makes up this top eleven most controversial Animaniacs moments, some of them are amazing, makes some Family Guy or The Simpsons look as if they hadn't made big achievements at all with their cutaway jokes and stuff, to put some of the jokes pass the censorship on a kids shows has a lot more merit than doing it on an adults cartoon show, I admire them for that!

So, here it goes, the youtube vid, some of them where hard to get to me since I din't know the cultural reference, the bird one and prince, you'll know what I mean the last one is amazing, how in the world they missed that??'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eUMRhnnFhg

Don't know if some of you guys got them back then, in Spain, the spanish voice over guys made us miss lots of jokes here.