What Are You Watching? Part 6 - Page 25
Global Justice Alliance

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching? Part 6

Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    Of all the dub characterizations, Duo is definitely the best, in my opinion. Of course, it helps that he's voiced by the ever-awesome (and somewhat crazy) Scott McNeil, who gets him down pat. And he gets some of the best lines! One of my favorites: "Just watch me. I'll become the God of Death once again, but right now... I need some sleep."
    He does indeed seem to get some of the best lines (and McNeil's delivery always makes 'em better). "The God of Death is back from hell!" would have to be his crowning moment of awesome so far in my opinion.

It's interesting to watch Lady Une's development through the series...
    That's for sure. I wasn't expecting the whole bit with her two personalities to say the very least. For being a character that I didn't much care for at the beginning, the series certainly managed to make you interesting in a short period of time. Of course now the show has Tsubarov as the character from OZ that's easy to dislike after what happened to Une.

It's been way long since I've seen the Sailor Moon anime. Fond memories, to be sure (despite all the flaws of the dubbed version)... but watching the live-action PGSM (available on YouTube, in case anyone's curious) was definitely a trip. (Poor Minako, though...)
    That... doesn't sound encouraging for my favorite scount (well, it's either Venus or Jupiter; never could make up my mind on that). I guess I'll have to take a look at this PGSM in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamGirl View Post
    All this Sailor Moon talk makes me wish I could watch the videos I have. Or at least that I'd have gotten my episodes on DVD instead of VHS.
    Having seen the prices they go for now, I really do wish I'd looked into the DVDs long before they went out of print years ago.

Currently I've gone through thirty-two episodes of Gundam Wing (wasn't expecting the two clip show episodes). Great so far; certainly didn't expect half the stuff that's gone on since most of the characters headed to the space colonies.

Edit as of February 12: And now I've managed to finish the Gundam Wing TV series. Well, all expect the second half of episode 43, as well as the first half of episode 44. The fourth disc of the Complete Collection 2 doesn't work too well despite being new. Ah well, hopefully it can be cleaned... or I can just find a replacement for the disc, since it seems the Complete Collections just reboxed the individual releases. Anyway... a great end to a great show to say the very least. Now all that's left is to purchase a copy of Endless Waltz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Watching a documentary on staging a manned mission to Mars. Kind of depressing since we've decided that payolla to UAW is more important. I wonder what the Chinese will find there.

Rerun of The Guns Of Navarrone, I hadn't caught the part where David Niven gives he speech about officers, which is ironic because of all the actors in the movie, Niven was, I think, the only one who had actually been an officer and a commando at that.

Weirdly the Allies are all armed with MP 42/44 submachine guns, a German weapon, while the Germans are carrying British STENs, som sort of weird lend lease, I suppose.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Weirdly the Allies are all armed with MP 42/44 submachine guns, a German weapon, while the Germans are carrying British STENs, som sort of weird lend lease, I suppose.
    Now that is weird. I have no doubt Niven probably commented on it, since he definitely would have known the difference. But why did they do that? It sounds like historical accuracy was not a priority.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    The only thing I can figure is that the armorer they used must have not had enough of the MPs to go around, but had lots of STENs. The other Germans had Mausers, so that's about the only explaination I can come up with. There would have been enough WWII vets in the audience to make this sort of thing pretty glaring. They did use American and British armored vehicles for German, but this was also made well before the time when there was a sub industry of manufacturing period equipment, such as the Tiger tanks in Kelly's Heroes, so that is somewhat understandable.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Round up the usual suspects; Casablanca is showing on TCM.

Aux armes, citoyens,
    Formez vos bataillons,
    Marchons, marchons !
    Qu'un sang impur
    Abreuve nos sillons !

Spent part of the day watching House, although all the episodes were out of order. So really, I'm just as confused about the show as when I started watching it. Especially in regards to House's living arrangements.

Now I'm watching the Doctor Who Christmas/New Year's specials since they're on, though you'd think BBC America could find something more...romantic to air on Valentine's Day. Not that I mind.
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

On TCM: That Touch of Mink (1962), starring Cary Grant and Doris Day.

With cameo appearances by Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Yogi Berra.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    I've been feeling nostalgic lately, so I've been watching ReBoot.

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Watched the Danny Phantom finale "Phantom Planet" earlier today on my iPod.

Still on TCM: Frank Sinatra romances Kim Possible's nana (Debbie Reynolds) in The Tender Trap (1955). Also starring David Wayne and Celeste Holm.