What Are You Watching? Part 6 - Page 34
Global Justice Alliance

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching? Part 6

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    I think it's on again tonight, on BBC. I watched the XiPhi Channel treatment of Riverworld. They didn't do a bad job of it, much better than the usual run of their original productions, it ended in a clifhanger, so presumably there is another installment in the works.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    On TCM: John Wayne digs a tunnel through the Andes in Tycoon (1947). Also starring Sir Cedric Hardwicke and Laraine Day (a.k.a. Mrs. Leo Durocher).

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Dan Boyle, whose woefully failed clearing attempt in the opening minute of overtime the other night lost the game for his team, has just given the San Jose Sharks a 1-0 lead early in the first period of game 4 in Colorado.

This comes after I watched the Pittsburgh Penguins defeat the Ottawa Senators 7-4 to take a stranglehold on that series. (I was also listening to the Red Wings-Coyotes game, which also had a favorable outcome as far as I'm concerned - 3-0 Detroit.)

Because I don't have cable, nor a digital TV or converter box, the only channel I can get in over-the-air right now is the CBC affiliate in Windsor. Which works for me for the time being...

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMagic View Post
    Over the past week I ended up marathoning the long awaited fourth season of the coolest animated red head of all time (and her blond haired, goofy buffoon of a sidekick). That's right, I've been watching the misadventures of Lina Inverse and Gourry Gabriev in Slayers Revolution.........
    ......yikes! sacrilege!!....................Oh that's right, you're our resident Shego defender...forgot about that......:P
    This is true, though I'd probably rank Lina Inverse higher on a scale of awesome than even Shego herself.

~Click For Full Image
    "What was that?"

Oh... This can't end well...

On a more serious note, the last day or so I've been working my way through Gundam Wing once again, though this time in the original Japanese. Figure I may as well give it a go both ways.

As of right now, I'm just watching the heck out of an awesome Slayers AMV about the above mentioned Lina Inverse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having been playing some Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam again on the ol' PS2 lately, I decided to go back and watch some of Zeta Gundam. Wow... seems a couple of the VAs actually ramped up the ham for the game, compared to the show - in particular, Corby Proctor as Yazan Gable (who seems downright subdued for most of the series compared to the game) and Jonathan Love as Paptimus Scirocco, although one line of his shines through in both versions:

"You chose the wrong path! You failed to become a true Newtype, Char! A mongrel like you must be culled! UNDERSTAND?!?"

Right now, the baseball game between the Red Sox & the Texas Rangers on NESN. They're tied at 7–7 in the 8th inning.

Just saw the Bruins win in double overtime to take a commanding series lead against Buffalo. Now it's on to Vancouver-Los Angeles, already in progress.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I watched a "Mythbusters" repeat - the one where Adam & Jamie took on the myths about bacterial contamination on pop cans and other everyday objects. Then I watched the Cubs beat the Mets, 9 to 3 (Finally!).
    Right now, I'm waiting for tonight's KP episode to start.

Baseball: the Red Sox take on the Orioles from Fenway Park. On NESN.

The Sabres came back to extend their series with the Bruins, but I was paying more attention to listening to the Capitals-Canadiens game, in which Montreal also extended their series. (Good, 'cause I hate the Caps!)

And, after listening to the Red Wings' win over the Coyotes tonight , I watched the end of the Canucks-Kings game, which consisted basically of skating around in circles for the final few minutes, as Vancouver already had a 7-2 lead.

(Need a goalie version, somehow...)