Annie Had a Lil' Work Done?
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Annie Had a Lil' Work Done?

  1. #1
    Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midd El Tann
    Posts
    933

    Question Annie Had a Lil' Work Done?

    Something that's been in my mind for a little while...

    A while back someone commented that my depiction of Zita's mother was "too hot" for a middle-aged mom who had given birth to several children. This made me think of another mom in the KP universe we know: Kim's mom Anne, who's roughly James' age (somewhere in her 40s, I think) and has given birth to three children - and she surprisingly thin! I remember some people commented on her looking "disproportional" in at least one episode, and in that episode she was thin to the point of possibly (no pun intended) looking anorexic. Chalking it up to less-than-top-quality animation, I looked up Anne's Season 1 modelsheet, and she's still extremely thin. I know the show went through a little stylistic re-working between Seasons 1 and 2, so I thought that, say, Rough Draft's work on high importance episodes (such as, say "So the Drama" and "Graduation"), she'd be more, well, "realistically rendered." Nope - she's still svelte! Mrs. Incredible had to deal with big buttocks and enlarged hips, but apparently Mrs. Dr. Possible does not.

    Why?

    Yes, I know the easy answer is "because TPTB didn't care to give her a plausible body shape for a mom of three," but I'm asking for an in-universe explanation. Is it due to surgery, genetic manipulation, unseen eating disorders, or simply the result of a healthy lifestlye (with the added stress of taking care of a world-saving cheerleader and the tweebs. )

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,411
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNaco View Post
    Something that's been in my mind for a little while...

    A while back someone commented that my depiction of Zita's mother was "too hot" for a middle-aged mom who had given birth to several children. This made me think of another mom in the KP universe we know: Kim's mom Anne, who's roughly James' age (somewhere in her 40s, I think) and has given birth to three children - and she surprisingly thin! I remember some people commented on her looking "disproportional" in at least one episode, and in that episode she was thin to the point of possibly (no pun intended) looking anorexic. Chalking it up to less-than-top-quality animation, I looked up Anne's Season 1 modelsheet, and she's still extremely thin. I know the show went through a little stylistic re-working between Seasons 1 and 2, so I thought that, say, Rough Draft's work on high importance episodes (such as, say "So the Drama" and "Graduation"), she'd be more, well, "realistically rendered." Nope - she's still svelte! Mrs. Incredible had to deal with big buttocks and enlarged hips, but apparently Mrs. Dr. Possible does not.

    Why?

    Yes, I know the easy answer is "because TPTB didn't care to give her a plausible body shape for a mom of three," but I'm asking for an in-universe explanation. Is it due to surgery, genetic manipulation, unseen eating disorders, or simply the result of a healthy lifestlye (with the added stress of taking care of a world-saving cheerleader and the tweebs. )

    What do you think?
    I remember my grandmother was a very tiny, thin, almost frail-looking woman. She gave birth to seven children, including a set of twins.

  3. #3
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    I figure shepherding hyperactive Kim, then hypersonic Tim and Jim, around for ~18 years would keep anyone thin as a rail!
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  4. #4
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I figure shepherding hyperactive Kim, then hypersonic Tim and Jim, around for ~18 years would keep anyone thin as a rail!
    I agree with 'chutes here. Having three rambunctious children to ride herd on would be enough to keep any mother in tip-top shape! Plus, let's not forget that she's a doctor, and thus very aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
    So that's my opinion. She's had her hands full raising her children, and she takes good care of herself. That's how she stays so svelte and beautiful at her age.

  5. #5
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I figure shepherding hyperactive Kim, then hypersonic Tim and Jim, around for ~18 years would keep anyone thin as a rail!
    I agree with 'chutes here. Having three rambunctious children to ride herd on would be enough to keep any mother in tip-top shape! Plus, let's not forget that she's a doctor, and thus very aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
    So that's my opinion. She's had her hands full raising her children, and she takes good care of herself. That's how she stays so svelte and beautiful at her age.
    Or else she's working a restricted-calorie, stress-test regimen to boost her lifespan just long enough to live to be able to encode her brain structure into an artificial version of her own design, functionally gaining immortality*.


    *Check out this pdf excerpt by futurist Hans Moravec on the subject on brain uploading. The procedure itself is on pgs 2-3 ("184-186").
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

  6. #6
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    I figure shepherding hyperactive Kim, then hypersonic Tim and Jim, around for ~18 years would keep anyone thin as a rail!
    I agree with 'chutes here. Having three rambunctious children to ride herd on would be enough to keep any mother in tip-top shape! Plus, let's not forget that she's a doctor, and thus very aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
    So that's my opinion. She's had her hands full raising her children, and she takes good care of herself. That's how she stays so svelte and beautiful at her age.
    Or else she's working a restricted-calorie, stress-test regimen to boost her lifespan just long enough to live to be able to encode her brain structure into an artificial version of her own design, functionally gaining immortality.
    One slight problem with that theory: she's a neurosurgeon; not a cyberneticist. Even Mr. Dr. P's unable to do that sort of work, since he's only a rocket scientist.

  7. #7
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    Kim's dad seems to work in a great many disciplines, given many of the things he's done in the show, so some sort of nanorobotic weight control system is not outside the realm of possibility.

    Since they are spoofing a lot of 59s/60s TV shows, it's also unsurprising that Kim's folks are TV family stereotypes.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  8. #8
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    Yes, I'll admit Kim's dad has done more than just rocket science at the Middleton Space Center, but I stand by my previous theories on why Annie Possible still looks so good:
    ...Having three rambunctious children to ride herd on would be enough to keep any mother in tip-top shape! Plus, let's not forget that she's a doctor, and thus very aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
    So that's my opinion. She's had her hands full raising her children, and she takes good care of herself. That's how she stays so svelte and beautiful at her age*.
    (*Which, come to think of it, is within a few years of my age.....)

  9. #9
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Yes, I'll admit Kim's dad has done more than just rocket science at the Middleton Space Center, but I stand by my previous theories on why Annie Possible still looks so good:
    ...Having three rambunctious children to ride herd on would be enough to keep any mother in tip-top shape! Plus, let's not forget that she's a doctor, and thus very aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
    So that's my opinion. She's had her hands full raising her children, and she takes good care of herself. That's how she stays so svelte and beautiful at her age*.
    (*Which, come to think of it, is within a few years of my age.....)
    Which only makes it a little more depressing when I think about the fact I'm just old enough to be Kim's grandfather!........
    "Say the Word"

  10. #10
    Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Yes, I'll admit Kim's dad has done more than just rocket science at the Middleton Space Center, but I stand by my previous theories on why Annie Possible still looks so good:
    ...Having three rambunctious children to ride herd on would be enough to keep any mother in tip-top shape! Plus, let's not forget that she's a doctor, and thus very aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
    So that's my opinion. She's had her hands full raising her children, and she takes good care of herself. That's how she stays so svelte and beautiful at her age*.
    (*Which, come to think of it, is within a few years of my age.....)
    Which only makes it a little more depressing when I think about the fact I'm just old enough to be Kim's grandfather!........


    Ewwwwwww....

    :P
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Similar Threads

  1. Some benefit work for the forum.
    By jeriddian in forum Kim Possible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 08:10 AM
  2. Original Work Thread
    By Ultimate Naco Topping in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •