How was your day? The 13th part - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your day? The 13th part

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I got up early and shoveled the driveway for the third time in 24 hours, then I went to my health club. Later I went out for groceries so I could prepare my famous Farfalle con fungi for dinner. (I was all out of fungi.)

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I was busy at work both yesterday and today. I've been helping the folks in the copy center (west half of the mail room I'm temping in downtown) put together a bunch of loose-leaf binders for some big training seminar our law firm client will be putting on later this month. It involves a lot of copying, collating, and organizing all the components - pages, tabbed dividers, etc. - for those binders. Of course, the nice thing about being this busy is that the time seems to pass faster.
    Unfortunately, I'm on my feet most of the day. Between that and the fact that I have to walk between the office and the train station twice a day, I'm absolutely dog-tired by the time I get home at night. Last night after dinner I watched two episodes of "Kim Possible" I taped this week (I have to be in bed before the show comes on at 12:30 AM my time); then dozed off in my chair for about an hour and a half. That's why I didn't log on to the forum last night (sorry, guys). And tonight when I got home, I had to haul out the garbage since tomorrow's the pick-up day in my neighborhood.
    Oh, the job's great - my work's light and varies from day to day (I do whatever they ask me to); my co-workers are all cheerful and friendly; and I'm not running the whole mail room myself - I'm part of a team effort.
    It's just the getting up before dawn so I'm at work downtown by 8 AM; and the fact that I'm constantly on my feet like this, that get me down (it does take some getting used to). Now more than ever, I look forward to the weekends - if for no other reason than being able to sleep late.
    Sorry to mumble and moan like this; I'm really grateful to have a job right now. It's just that I'm currently going through a period of adjustment; and right now I'm feeling tired.
    So thanks for putting up with my rants and gripes, guys. Guess I just needed to vent.

I went to my health club in the morning. Later I went to the library and to get my eyeglasses, which got slightly stepped on last week, bent back into shape.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Back on call...............at least it's not as bad as the last time.............

Still waiting for the end of the month when I expect some very good things to happen.
    "Say the Word"

Well, yesterday we finished assembling all the pages and dividers for those loose-leaf binders to be used at that training seminar. After I went home, the guys who worked until 7 PM loaded everything into the binders and packed them up for shipping (the seminar's being held out of town). I went home and zonked out in front of my TV after dinner. That's why I didn't log on last night (sorry again, guys).
    Today was S-L-O-W in the mail room. Even the permanent employees just hung around today. The only things I did were: open and sort the interoffice mail that arrived via UPS; proofread a copy of a document to be used in court (I really just made sure the pages were in the correct order); and I sorted and stored a bunch of tabbed dividers that were lying around.
    Oh, and I picked up my check at the downtown office of the temp agency that sent me on this assignment. Unbelievably, they're located in the building right next door to where I'm working - how's that for convenience?
    I'm going to sign up for direct deposit - it'll be easier than dashing over to get paid each week, then hurrying to catch my train.

Went to visit UNC-Chapel Hill yesterday. I didn't realize how huge the school is. But it's nice. And everyone's so friendly there.

Today my mom and I took a flight back, which got delayed due to problems with the wheel. Yet somehow we still landed on time. The pilot made a really jerky landing. On the bright side, the plane went past Manhattan while landing.

Now I'm just...preparing for school Monday. Apparently we have school for the next five weeks without days off (unless there's a snow day) followed by two weeks off (for Easter). Hmm...
    "There's an old Earth saying, Captain. A phrase of great power and wisdom. A consolation to the soul, in times of need: ALLONS-Y!"~Doctor Who

I did my Federal, Massachusetts and Connecticut income taxes today.

I e-filed the Federal return and printed out the 2 states. I'll have to mail those next week.

I did my laundry and went to top off my car's gas tank before the snowstorm hit. Other than that, a quiet Sunday out here in Go City.
    Of course, my drive to the train station tomorrow morning should be interesting if we get the minimum amount of snow they're forecasting (5 inches). Oh boy - what fun....

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I'm still trying to get the mistake the IRS made on my 2007 taxes cleared up. They mistook a corrected 1099 that was sent in as an additional 1099, so they claim I made twice as much money as I really did, and they want $21,000 in tax for this fictitious money I never made. Despite the last two months of calling and doing excatly what they told me to do, they never received the documentation I sent, despite the fact it was sent certified mail, I can never reach the same person twice, and none of the people I talk to have a clue as to what's going on and want to start compeltely over repeating everything that's already been done. Now I'm referred to the Taxpayer advocate, and I can't seem to get them to be able to even receive simple faxes of my material. Oh, yes, and the IRS has already tried to attach a lien to my accounts. Fun..............
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I'm still trying to get the mistake the IRS made on my 2007 taxes cleared up. They mistook a corrected 1099 that was sent in as an additional 1099, so they claim I made twice as much money as I really did, and they want $21,000 in tax for this fictitious money I never made. Despite the last two months of calling and doing excatly what they told me to do, they never received the documentation I sent, despite the fact it was sent certified mail, I can never reach the same person twice, and none of the people I talk to have a clue as to what's going on and want to start compeltely over repeating everything that's already been done. Now I'm referred to the Taxpayer advocate, and I can't seem to get them to be able to even receive simple faxes of my material. Oh, yes, and the IRS has already tried to attach a lien to my accounts. Fun..............
    Wow! Sounds like a real mess.

Good thing these people don't run the nation's entire healthcare system!